Fool For Your Loving

Fool For Your Loving

Can't stop the feeling , I've been this way before. But, with you I've found the key to open any door.
I can feel my love for you growing stronger day by day. An' I can't wait to see you again, so I can hold you in my arms.
Is this love...


Whitesanke played on the radio as cherry scented steam escaped from the shower. She ran her fingers through her hair one last time, ensuring any excess dye had been washed away. Smiling, she turned off the taps, stretching her long legs out to reach the towel, bringing it back towards her. Before she could reach it with her hands, a sharp pain hit her calves.

“Fuck! Oh my... argh!” she screamed, falling out of the shower. Her best friend Gracie burst through the bathroom door, worried.

“What happened?” Gracie asked.

“I fell out of the shower again,” she laughed, clutching the towel against herself tightly.

“Nice one Tawny,” Gracie giggled.

“Ahh, stop calling me that! My name is Julie.”

“Well, Tawny Kitaen’s real name is Julie... coincidence , I think not!” Gracie laughed.

“I’m not Tawny Kitaen,” Julie said, trying to push Gracie out so that she could get changed.

“As long as you and I know that. It’s only David Coverdale we need to fool...and the rest of the band... and the security.”

“Gracie, I love you, but you’re an idiot,” Julie laughed. “Now I gotta get changed.”

Throwing a leather jacket over her tight, white dress, Julie began to make her way down the stairs to Gracie’s living room.
Gracie and Julie had been friends for years. They both loved rock music, Whitesnake in particular. Julie especially loved the lead singer, David Coverdale. It was quite the celebrity crush.

“Holy shit! Julz is that you?” Mark, Gracie’s older brother asked with a mouth full of potato chips. Julie turned around, peering up at him through the shiny, red hair that fell before her face with such volume. “You look like the chick from the whitesnake videos!” he judged, impressed.

“Mark, piss off,” Gracie snapped, sensing that her brother was being a sleaze.

“What ?” he asked, offended. Ignoring Mark, Gracie met her friend at the bottom of the staircase and wrapped her arms around Julie so tightly.

“You do look like her, this is going to work!” she whispered, excited. Julie shook her head smiling.

“You kids goin’ to the movies or something?” Mark asked, jumping onto the couch.

“Ah... yeah,” Gracie replied quickly, trying to rush Julie out the door. Gracie knew her parents would freak if they found out that she was going to a Whitesnake concert. Even at nineteen, her parents were ridiculously protective.

“Liar,” Mark said under his breath as the girls rushed out the door.

Now listen up. She's razor sharp. If she don't get her way, she'll slice you apart. Now she's a cool, cool black. She moves like a cat. If you don't get her name, well you might not make it back...
She's got the looks that kill!


The girls cruised along the freeway, blasting Motley Crue from the stereo in Gracie’s powder blue Datsun. They had it so loud that neither of them heard the car’s engine beginning to give way.

“Shit!” Gracie panicked as the car began to stall. She quickly pulled over to the side of the road.

“What happened?” Julie asked, only realising that something was wrong when Gracie switched the radio off.

“The fucking car won’t start!” Gracie said furiously turning the key.

“What? Are you sure?” Julie asked, trying hard to help.

“Well, do you see it working?” Gracie asked sarcastically.

“Ohhh no,” Julie whispered, biting her nails and sinking into the passenger’s seat. They sat in silence for about ten minutes as cars sped past.

“What the hell do we do?” Gracie asked. “I can’t call Dad, he’ll kill me if he knew I lied about the concert.”

“Your parents are lame. You’re 19!”

“Well, why aren’t you offering to call yours?” she asked smartly.

“They’re out of town,” Julie replied sadly. “Hey, what about Mark?” Julie suggested.

“No!” Gracie snapped.

“Why not? He has a car Grace.”

“He’ll drive us crazy with his dweebness!”

“It’s all I can think of. We’ve got like three hours to get there right? We can’t walk to the coast!”

“Okay,” Gracie sighed. There was a gas station a bit back, I guess we’ll have to call him there.”

An hour and a half later...

Mark pulled up in his car, illuminating the Datsun that sat pathetically in front. Julie sat on the bonnet and Gracie sprawled herself on the grass dramatically. “How was the movie girls?” Mark asked, smiling.

“Oh shut up Mark you jerk!” Gracie snapped.

“Woah,” he laughed. “Do you want my help or not?”

“Yes!” Julie screamed.

“Well, get in the car Tawny!” he said, referring to the way she sat on the bonnet. Just like the Here I Go Again video. “Whitesnake concert huh?” he asked, wrapping his arms around Gracie once she approached him.

“Piss off Mark!” she said pushing him away.

“How did you know?” Julie asked shocked.

“It isn’t half obvious kid,” he chuckled.

After ages of begging and what appeared to be a reluctantly made deal for Gracie to hand over whatever Led Zeppelin merchandise she owned, Mark decided to take the girls to the concert. Not before they stopped to buy him dinner of course.

Julie and Gracie were waiting in line at Mc Donalds, while Mark sat in the parking lot. It wasn’t until Gracie dug into her purse to pay for the food, when she realised her horrible mistake.

“You look like you just saw a ghost,” Julie giggled.

“That’s nineteen ninety five,” the cashier asked. Gracie passed the cash over the counter and turned to face Julie, looking horrified.

“Dude, you’re scaring the shit out of me!” Julie said.

“Julz... I...ah...”

“Forgot pickles? What?” Julie hurried her.

“I left the tickets in the car.”

“So?”

“My car!”

“Crap! Gracie! Why would you do that?” Julie screeched.

“Well, remember how you said it was safer to put them in the glove box than my purse?”

“How are we going to get in without tickets?” Julie stressed. Gracie walked off to the car with the food, leaving Julie trailing behind.

“I lost the tickets!” Gracie said annoyed, slamming the door behind her as she sat next to her brother in the car. He was head banging to Duran Duran. All the more proof to Gracie that he sucked. “...What the fuck?” she asked.

“Huh?” he replied.

“Never mind. Mark, I don’t have tickets. There’s not enough time to drive back to my car is...”

“Shit!” Mark yelled, cutting her off. He leaped from his seat and raced off into the darkness.

Gracie looked into the rear vision mirror to see Julie being held violently by some guy in a denim jacket. She got out of the car in time to see her brother knock the guy down with a single punch.
Shocked, Gracie watched in wonder as Mark walked Julie back to the car, shaken up. “What the hell happened?” Gracie asked.

“He called me a slut,” Julie said. Mark winked.

Driving towards the city, Mark turned up the radio to maximum volume.

“Billie Jean is not my lover, she's just a girl who claims that I am the one. But the kid is not my son.” Mark sang, painfully out of tune.

“Dork, dork ,dork dork!” Gracie yelled, giggling.

“Aw, c’mon, he’s not that bad!” Julie lied, laughing.

“Okay, chickadees. Remind me why I’m driving you to a concert that you no longer have tickets to.”

“Well, we still need to do... the plan,” Gracie laughed evilly.

“What the hell is this “plan” I keep hearing about?” Mark asked.

“To trick David Coverdale into thinking that Julie is Tawny Kitaen, then she can do him,” Gracie laughed.

“That is your plan?” Mark asked, amused.

“No! It was to simply meet Whitesnake. Gracie shut up!” Julie said embarrassed.

“It’s going to work you know,” she swore to Julie.

“You are both crazy,” Mark chuckled.

They were overcome by bright neon lights as Mark parked outside the stadium. The entrance was littered with dudes in torn denim and hair spray coated hair.

“This is so epic!” Julie screamed, hyperventilating with excitement.

“Let’s go!” Gracie yelled, running out of the car.

“Wait. You’re not coming?” Julie asked Mark.

“Nah,” he replied, pulling out a comic book and resting his feet on the dashboard. She shrugged and ran off to catch up to Gracie.

“Here,” Gracie ordered, handing Julie a bag of clothes. They threw on baggy jeans, large black t-shirts and caps over the clothes they already wore. The plan – to sneak in as roadies.

“This is never going to work,” Julie said, as they pushed past groupies and stadium personnel.

“Trust me, this will...”

“Stop! You two!” a huge security guard yelled.

“Crap!” Gracie squealed. They were chased through corridors of scantily clad people. Fearing being caught, they detoured into a dark hall, hoping to lose the security. Taking a chance, Julie opened the nearest door, dragging Gracie inside.

There he stood. Like a blond God... IN A TOWEL!!!!

“Fuck,” Gracie whispered. Julie just stared, speechless.

“What the bloody hell is going on here? Who are you girls?” David Coverdale asked, looking confused.

“And I’m gone,” Gracie giggled, quickly stepping out the door, leaving only Julie and David.

“Well?” he asked. So much for Gracie’s plan to fool him into loving her.

“Uhm... m..my name is Julie,” she said bashfully. He gave her a look of sympathy and smiled.

“Are you a fan?” he asked.

“Yes,” she nodded.

“How did you get back here?” he wondered.

“Oh, I broke in,” she said, blinking nervously.

“Yeah, broke in?” he laughed. “Looks like I’ll be firing some security guards.”

“Babe?” a woman’s voice called. Then, the real Tawny Kitaen walked into the room, wearing next to nothing. She wrapped her arms around him and licked his ear. Noticing Julie, she smiled and asked “Who’s the girl?”

It broke Julie’s heart seeing her with the man she “loved”. She’d listen to all his songs, buy all his albums, watch all his videos, cover her walls in posters of him. She would spend her time daydreaming that he was hers. Yet he didn’t know her, and she didn’t know him. He fooled her. That’s how they make their millions, by being gorgeous. He fooled her into loving him!

“She’s a fan... I think,” he told her, staring into her eyes. They shared a passionate kiss, while Julie crept out of the room.

Funny how it’s easier to sneak out of places like that, than it is to sneak in. Removing her cap, letting her fake , red hair loose, Julie returned to the car, where Mark shoved popcorn up his nose.

“What are you doing? Weren’t you supposed to be charming Mr Coverdale?” he asked in a weird British accent.

“No,” Julie laughed. They looked so happy, him and her. I’m not in love with him. He’s a celebrity!” she said, shaking her head.

“You mean I drove all this way for nothing?” Mark yelled. “ I could’ve been at the arcade, those kids think they can beat my high score on Frogger, but I know they can’t, I could have been there to prove that. My sister is nothing but a rude little bitch, I waste all my fuel, beat the crap out of a jerk, sit here in the still of the night for an hour, bored out of my brian, left out in the cold...”

At first it seemed as though Mark was just rambling like a little bitch, but Julie listened, and realised, that she had what she was looking for all along.
“Don't come running to me, I know I've done all I can...” He stopped speaking when Julie’s lips met with his. Mark’s eyes widened, in disbelief that his sister’s best friend was now making out with him. “Woah, wait!” he said, breaking away from her.

“You. You saved me earlier. You were there for me when I needed you. You always have been. Like in seventh grade when I broke my leg, you carried me to the first aid office Mark. Or the time when I needed to make Andrew jealous, you called him from my phone, remember? You’re the sweetest guy I’ve ever met! I don’t care if Gracie thinks you’re a dweeb, I like you,” Julie smiled.

“I’ve always liked you.” He said, holding her tightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
It was rushed, but I hope somebody likes it!