Your mind is the scariest place

Chapter 3

“You don’t drive?”

“I do, but getting everywhere is more fun this way”

He smiled and opened his mouth to say something, at that moment his phone rang.

“Yeah, yes I will, can’t he wait?” he paused “Well he’s going to have to” he then hung up.
“Want a ride home?” he offered, pointing to his beat up convertible.

I smiled “That could be more fun” I then walked my bicycle over to his car, he threw it in the back and we got in.

I told him the general direction of my house, over the speakers a familiar tune played, he sang along softly.

“So please, please, please let me, let met, let me, let me get what I want-“

“The smiths?” I smiled.

“You a fan?”

I nodded “You’re a man of good taste”

“Thanks” he laughed.

He pulled up at my house and chuckled.

“I live there” he pointed to the newly filled house.

“So you’re my new neighbour?” I questioned, suddenly feeling a little embarrassed about last night’s sighting.

“Yeah, me my mum and my brother” he mentioned.

“Sweet” I smiled, trying to lift my bike out, he lifted over me and took it out of the back with half the effort I needed.

I heard a loud tune; a violin playing like no one else was there in the world but them. The tune just pulled you in and looked in the direction of his house.

“My brother” he explained. At that second the violin stopped in a shriek off-note and a frustrated yell was heard.

“Hmm, tortured artist?”

“Yep” he reluctantly answered back.

“How cliché” I chuckled.

“Unfortunately so”

We stood for a few more awkward moments until I finally said goodbye. I walked to my house as he got in his car again, driving off to some unknown place.

> > >

It was my favourite time of night, finally. I left my room by the side window and hopped on my bike to ride off onto the streets.

The sky was a little cloudy tonight, which took most of the enjoyment out of the night, but I still found it to be beautiful. I stopped at my favourite neon sign and sat under it like I usually did. I sighed and that time came again.

My phone vibrated in my pocket.

“Fine” I answered, knowing it was Anna “Where?”

“Yes !” she exclaimed, she then told me the general direction to head.

I rode my bike slowly, hoping to miss most of the drama by the time I got there. When I got here, the music escaped the open front door, it didn’t sound like many people remained in the house. I entered with caution, leaving my bike on the front lawn.

Anna spotted me the instant I entered and shoved a drink in my face; I took it but when she wasn’t looking, pawned it off to someone else. She sat me on the couch next to Hayley who sat rolling her eyes at a drunk Anna.

Anna went on with her story, telling a few interested people.

“She’s my responsibility tonight isn’t she?” I questioned.

“Straight up” Hayley yawned.

“Drank anything?” I asked.

“A little” and by that I knew she meant a lot, her eyes were bloodshot and she was smiling for no apparent reason. I just laughed at her and she shoved me playfully.

A familiar sound filled the air, it’s started as the kind of soft sound you thought you were just imagining, but it grew to such an intensity that everyone just stopped. Then the mad rush began. Sirens were the official party stopper anywhere.

I grabbed Anna and Hayley and brought them out to my bike. How the hell was I gonna get them home like this? It was nights like this I wished I drove my car. Hayley then mumbled something about her car keys. I grabbed them out of her back pocket and ran to her car, they stumbled into the back and I hit the accelerator with such force we went flying. We seemed to have dodged the police car the sirens went right by us and headed straight for the house.
I breathed a little slower but my driving hadn’t caught my relaxed state, as I was still speeding way over the limit. I slowly laid my foot on the brakes and started to relax a little more. I looked back at Hayley and Anna who were wide eyed with shock and glued to the seats. Then at the exact same time they laughed and smiled, congratulating me on my fine escape method.

“Shit” I shook my head, as Anna climbed into the front seat.

“What a rush” Hayley commented, leaning forward and placing her head between Anna and I.

“I left my bike there” I groaned.

“Take me home” Anna groaned back. I quickly threw a sharp turn to get to Anna’s and after that dropped Hayley at hers. It was hard considering it was her car, but I agreed to just walk home.

I didn’t mind the walk, it was just the fact that I forgot my bike that was really bugging me. Because it knew that was evidence. And I knew someone was gonna visit sometime the next day.
♠ ♠ ♠
bear with me,
this character isn't high energy, she appreciates things

oh and btw, how about some feedback ?

:D