Your mind is the scariest place

Chapter 6

My morning started like it always did, except instead of my brother throwing my door open and putting the dog on my bed, someone sat at the end of it and lightly poked me.
I woke up and opened one eye to see Wil smiling.

Before I could ask what the hell he was doing there, my mum came in and gave me the toast she made me every morning.

“Told him to wake you up, you’re brothers sick” she then left sipping her tea.

“I hate it when Dan is sick, my morning is all stuffed up without him” I stood up and rubbed my eyes, I then took a dress, but before i left to change in the bathroom someone caught my eye in the window.

He was standing with the violin in hand and clearly being yelled at by someone not in my vision. I moved closer to my open window and Wil broke my fascination.

“Does my brother interest you ?” he laughed.

“No, I- I was just curious” I explained. He nodded.

“Were twins you know” he informed me, while patting my dog who ran in at the sound of a visitor.

“Fraternal I’m guessing” that explained the likeness in them.

He just nodded.

I left to change and when I came back in Wil was standing at the window peering at his brother, I rummaged through my drawers for a plaid shirt to throw over the top, he turned at the sound of me and I smiled.

“What’s up?”

“The sky”

“You’re cool” I said sarcastically as I stood shoulder to shoulder with him.

“Let’s get to class” He said in a mockingly excited way.

I rolled my eyes and groaned the entire way down the stairs.

He loaded my bike in this car, not even asking if I would prefer to bike, I guess he knew the answer by now. Before we left, his brother came barging out of the house, he wore a loose grey singlet that hung off his chest and boxers. He rubbed the back of his neck after he called Wils name.

Wil rolled his eyes and turned down whatever he was playing, he turned around to look at Ryan. I looked back and forth and saw the resemblance, but somehow Ryan looked a little more distraught then Wil. Wil was I guess a little more in control of everything.

“Can you get mums groceries? She just asked me to remind you” he rubbed his tired eyes and his teacher then exited the house with his brief case again. He called Ryan’s name and sternly told him something, Ryan just nodded and waved goodbye.

“Tell her I’ll get them” he sighed, Ryan thanked him and saw me, he smiled and waved before the car drove off.

“Aren’t you a lovely son” I teased.

He smiled and rolled his eyes, he turned the knob and the familiar sound of the Smiths filled the air around us.

I was weirdly fascinated with the unexplainably screwed up minds of the greatest mass murders of the 20th century, the lecturer outlined each case and me, as a completely sane person just wondered how exactly they would come to such conclusions and how they would come to such murders. I was broken from my state when the lecturer put his final full stop on the board and shooed us out. I walked out following closely behind Wil. When we got to his car he took my bike out of the back and stood it next to me.

“Gotta get the groceries” he stated half smiling.

“Good, I miss my bike” I smiled and watched him drive away, while lighting a cigarette in his hand and letting the smoke escape from his mouth.

I sighed, feeling a small sense of rejection, why couldn’t he just take me with him ? I guess I felt a little sad for not being able to drive home with him that afternoon.

In my pathetic contemplation Annasurprised me with a quick poke to my side, I jumped at the feeling and my bike toppled onto someone. I apologised profusely and then turned around to her to give her a stern whack.

She rubbed her arm and looked at me crankily “That wasn’t nice”

“You know I’m a jumpy person” I informed her.

“What put you in such a bad mood?” she seemed disappointed I wasn’t cooperating with her like I usually did.

“I have to bike home”

She looked at me strangely “You love biking home”

“Not today”

She stopped trying to understand and just walked by me on our way out of the gates.

“I know usually I would ask you to a party, but I actually need a favour”

“I’m not being your taxi service” I snapped.

“I’m not asking for that”

“Then ask away”

“Just help me play this piece”

“Dude, I haven’t played for ages”

“I don’t care; you’ll get me closer than I am now”

I then got on my bike and pushed a little as she sped up next to me”

“I’ll meet you at mine”

She sang a million thankyous while I rode away towards home. When I got there I pulled up just as Will did, I waved but he ignored me walking into his house quickly with a bunch of bags. He looked irritated and I didn’t want to break his intense walk.

The house was empty, except for my sick brother upstairs snoring lightly; I went to check on him quickly. The covers were pulled up to his neck snuggly, he had about 5 different types of medication on his bedside table and the TV was on. As I went to turn it off he spoke.

“I’m watching that”

I left it on and then sat with my legs crossed at the foot of his bed.

“Feeling better?”

He shrugged and then shivered a bit.

“I have to teach Anna” I groaned, he replied by laughing and suppressing a cough at the same time.

Anna was frustrated to say the least, she banged the keys and the pedals were going to break at the rate she was slamming them.

“Look, if you don’t relax, I will make you repeat the first bar 15 times” she breathed and flexed her fingers a few times. She finally got through the first page with few mistakes.

“I swear, if I didn’t have you right now, I wouldn’t get past the first bar”

“Well your welcome” I got up to get something to drink out of the kitchen.

“Want something?” I yelled from the kitchen.

She yawned and stretched “Eggs benedict with a dash of salt to say the least”

Before I could sarcastically retort the doorbell rang. I answered it and a slightly distraught Ryan stood on the other side. He wore his boxers and a loose black t-shirt; he looked like he quickly threw his beat up vans on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rachel is slowly revealing who she is trying to hide
HOPE YOU LIKE THIS SO FAR :)

its Christmas on my side of the globe, so Merry Christmas peeps :D
so im gonna play with my christmas presents now.