Greg and Star

6

I'm doing my best to avoid his room, but the more i put it off the closer the task of actually going in there gets.So finally i slip into his room tidying up and leaving the pills i barely hear the 'hi', "hello.." i whisper keeping my eyes on my chart, "star i'm sorry..." "For what?" i ask trying to hide the hurt in my tone, " for the last time you visited i didn't mean it... Why are there scars on your wrists?" i sigh " because your not the only one in this room with problems." He steps closer and i'm unsure what he's going to do, he's so unpredictable...

He kisses my cheek, like i said un predictable. Then he kisses me dead on my lips, my mind races, he pulls away and i'm blushing. "I just didn't want you to loose your job your my world," i smile slightly "and your my prince in a hospital gown." I say a quick goodnight and slip back to the nurses station, then the questions start to fill my head, is it pity because i cut? Is it he just want's to play games with my head? I shake them away not greg not sweet wonderful greg. "Star you doin okay?" I look up nurse marvin sticks his head in " yeah i wish i could say the same for my feet."

I kick off my heels and sure enough pulling down my socks i have blisters,"marvin you need to get me flats like the other laidies i can't do this in these suckers anymore." He nods shaking his head all chins moving in sync, geeze and to think he has a wife back home; poor girl must be hard doing everything for this lazy thing. When he disappears i close my eyes for a slight rest, it doesn't last long before i hear a stifled cry. Getting up i rush to Greg's room what i see immediately disgusts me; marvin is trying to suffocate my patient!

Quickly i rush over and after a two minute struggle i pull him off of greg, " You prick!! What the hell is going through your head? I'm going to report you to management and have your job!!" I turn back greg's out but i know he's still alive. Then marvin does something he really shouldn't have done; he hit me. Now one thing everyone i met knows even if they just met me, you don't hit me unless you want to end up in the hospital. I stand up and i can tell he regrets it immediately, i jump knocking him down i slam his head into the floor until he's passed out then i get up;spitting on him.

I rush t the phone and call the police, they come and he's arrested i'm questioned but not charged. Greg was my witness it was all self defense, management heard and called me three days later. Since then things have been okay i'm working head and doing my normal job so things are busy but everyone seems happier...