Status: Active. I'm sorry if I suck. Please comment and tell me what I'm doing wrong and/or right! :)

Underneath and Unexplored.

How your lips taste on holidays.

2 years ago.

A tall brunette crossed his thin legs one over the other in a feminine fashion whilst a young woman sipped on her hot beverage, peeking at the man on the other side of the table in a conspicuous manner.

The gentleman cleared his throat loudly, making the young lady jump and grip her mug with white knuckles. This action earned a large smirk from the unusually attractive 20 year old. Unusual; due to his lanky stature that made him look extremely underweight, crooked grin, awfully tall nose and girlish stance. In addition to his feminine laugh - more so, giggle. He was attractive, in such an odd way that had girls fawning over him before they knew him.

"Cecilia, what do you have up your sleeve? You're gripping that mug like it's my ass from last night." He exclaimed, earning a snort of displeasure from the young lady.

"Yeah, about last night... I would have held onto something else but you have practically zilch to hold onto, and frankly Mr. O'Callaghan, your backside looks too out of place on that twig you call a body. I was trying my hand at manual ischemia, you know... doing you a favor and cutting off circulation of blood flow to your butt cheeks as an attempt of directly inducing an amputation. Post-amputation, you'd probably gain less of a lust factor and more of a sympathy factor from your beloved and dedicated fans, who claim to have the absurd wish of being able to fornicate with you until late into the night... 'Oh John! Impregnate me right now! O, mighty Lord, ignore this blasphemous and less than honorable mention... John Cornelius, you are my God, now bury your seed into my patient and loving womb!"

Cecilia's lengthy speech left John with a knowing grin and amused expression. One would see the couple and think of how unusually perfect they were together. In contrast to John's features, Cecilia was a heartthrob. Cliché, but that was the easiest way to describe someone like her. Even more cliché to describe or even attempt to explain their relationship, for the only way was simply because John and Cecilia belonged together. As soul mates, best friends and lovers.

"Cee, you're such a smart ass. Now let me occupy that sassy mouth of yours because it seems that nutmeg isn't doing so." John reached over and cupped her face with a silly grin before leaning over and pecking her on the lips, an eloquent and simple gesture which deepened and evolved into something that would soon be much too inappropriate for the local Starbucks.

Cecilia pulled away and frantically searched for a source of time-telling nature. "What time is it, John?"

"5pm... 7 hours until Christmas, baby. Do you want to go grab some dinner in a moment?"

"I want to take you somewhere first."

Hand in hand, Cecilia and John O'Callaghan walked through the darkening streets of Tempe.
Cecilia, with a grin the size of the moon, had been giggling spontaneously for the past hour leaving John with a confused expression.
Each time he inquired, he was given the response of, "Later John" that even his endearing green eyes could not surpass, however close his girlfriend had been to succumb to his forest-like globes.

Once arriving at their destination, Cecilia tiptoed behind him, due to John's sheer stature, with her hands desperately covering John's eyes, as if attempting to hide his amused expression which, quite frankly, would have been fully hidden if not for his crooked grin and light chuckles.

“Oh Cecilia…”

Wrapping his arms around her waist behind him, the two meandered through the dimly lit apartment complex and into the elevator. Cecilia's soft hands remaining as an obstruction to his view which left him oblivious to his surroundings.

With their legs occasionally tangling and suppressed giggles threatening to escape their mouths, the outspoken, but unusually anxious girl gripped her keys in her right hand, whilst struggling to fully cover her boyfriend's eyes.

"John, stop trying to turn around! You're meant to trust me on this." She giggled, feigning annoyance.

"I can't help it Cee, you're just so irresistible and I want to see your gorgeous face. Is that such a crime?" His voice was laced with that infamous smirk followed by his daft attempts to break free.

"John, no, don't even try to sweet talk me right now. This is meant to be a surprise if you didn't see?"

"Well of course I didn't see, Cee..." John paused to breakdown into a fit of giggles at his own joke, and heard Cecilia's exasperated sigh which only heightened the contagious laughter.

"Your hand is covering my eyes! Of course, I didn't, Cee, see, Cee, see" John erupted, even as breathless as he was.

"You're proving this to be incredibly difficult for me." Cecilia groaned, struggling to get out of the elevator, followed by a very disobedient John pouting and pushing his lips into the air. "Sometimes I wonder how old you really are, John."

"Well, sweetheart, can you blame me for being so..."
He began to answer in a soft and more serious tone in contrast to the prior events. Cecilia began to listen intently to what John had to say.

"...Punny? You know, pun? Cee, see... You see?" John erupted in laughter once again, earning a pissed off look from Cee. "Sorry baby... I'm just excited. You know better than to excite me. Or do you?" He asked the rhetorical question just load enough for Cecilia to hear and finished with a suggestive cough.
Cee let out an annoyed sigh before she and John approached a forest green coloured door, a large grin and bright eyes embraced her face as she recognized the residence that would soon become their home.

John's eyes opened in the instant that Cecilia's hand reached to unlock the door. "Where are we?" He asked, with no response.

Confused, he grasped her hand and walked in, curiosity getting the best of him before he looked in awe at the apartment, adorned with festive ornaments, lights and decorations.

"I can't beli-" John started before being cut off.

"Merry Christmas, Gorgeous. Welcome to our home."
Cecilia watched as a blush creeped up his neck.

"It's about time you moved out of your parent's house anyway, loser." She finished with a chuckle, cut off by John picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder.

"How did you ev-"

"Ssh. Just go with it John. We have it, and that's all that matters right now. Thank me later."

"Well, babydoll, why don't you give me the grand tour? Actually, which way to the bedroom?" John asked with a deep suggestive tone.

---------
Present
Reminiscing, John rolled onto his side with a defeated sigh and glimpsed at the photographs conveniently taped to the inside of his bunk. His feelings and emotions were slowly taking over his body, skin and senses. Goosebumps had formed on his numb skin, cold to the touch.

"John, you awake?" A voice asked in a hushed tone.

John kept silent and held his breath.

Photograph, give me something to remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the first chapter of my first story posted on Mibba.
I'd really appreciate messages, comments, subscribers and any positive/negative/constructive comments! Anything!
I really want to know what I'm doing right or what I'm doing wrong... so everything helps!

I'm really excited for this story, and I hope some of you feel the same. :)