‹ Prequel: Take This To Heart
Status: Sequal. :)

Taion

"Snitches and Talkers Get Stiches and Walkers," Fall Out Boy

Gym is harsh when your a size 26, your roughly 5'6" and your still a bit underweight from where you hadn't eaten during Warped Tour. But I managed. We had just finished a exhausting round of basketball when the bell rang, signaling the end of the day. 

"Let's go." Adam tapped my shoulder, barely sparing me a look and embarrassingly apologized for the umpteenth time for Mattie's threesome comment. Adam was already taking of his shirt before he'd reached his gym locker, and stepping on the backs of his shoes to slide the off. "He may look all innocent with his big blue eyes and straight hair, but," he opened his locker -shoving the shirt inside and retrieving his normal clothes, "But he's a horny bitch. Obviously, with him doing his brother and all." He snorts, redressing himself before examining his spiked hair in the mirror. "Does that bother you? I can tell them to shut up about it."

"No, they're fine." I carefully undress myself, cautious of all the other people around who were also getting dressed; I hadn't had gym in years and I hated feeling exposed. "Do they really, um,-" Adam cuts me off. 

"Fuck? Always come on to people?" He pauses, his face serious. "Hell yes." He smiles as he slips on his shoes, glancing at my still 'not-quite-dressed' state; I've just now slipped my jeans on. "One time, they were caught making out in the boys' bathroom. Principle gave them hell for weeks."

I slip on my shirt and see my phone vibrating on the pile of gym clothes in my locker. Rian's name is flashing on the screen. I ignore it and let it go to voice mail -I'm almost done changing anyways. "What'd their parents say?"

"They share a dad." Adam shrugs. "He didn't seem to pissed about them or anything. At least not what I've heard from Matt or Liam." He shuts his locker and grabs his things. "Anyways, I'll see you Monday. Have a good weekend." He flashes a grin and then he's gone. 

I take my phone and my things as well (my sketchbook clutched to my chest like always), exiting the room and studying the floor tiles while calling Rian back, but getting no answer. "Well, I didn't want to talk to you anyways, Ri-"

And them I'm rebounding in the opposite direction I was going and am falling to the ground. 

"Ah, crap. Sorry. Sorry." The guy that I have just walked into offers me a hand. Short hair. Dark eyes. Built. He screams athlete. I avert my eyes, murmuring an apology as well and grab the phone and my book bag. I inwardly freak when I don't see my sketchbook. 

"Your a superb artist." The athlete is flipping through my book, studying everything with a critic's eye and makes another comment on how he likes how this guys eyes are drawn or how the girl in the drawing looks real. 

"That's because she is real and that's because his eyes really do look like that. Give me back my book." I say, not really caring about how harsh I sound. No one looks at my drawings. Ever. 

He hands it over, leaving it on the page of portraits I'd done of Emma and Jack. They were old -two of the first drawings I'd completed in the sketchbook, and the graphite pencil was smearing on the pages. "No harm meant. Your seriously good. I was just commenting."

"It's private."

He looks away, smirking and shoots back, "So's your dick, but it won't be long if you keep hangin' out with the gay brothers and their fire freak friend."

I narrow my eyes. "Excuse me?" But my phone goes off, ending the confrontation. 

The athlete grins. "You should get that." He's walking away. Turns and walks out the nearest exit, but not before calling back, "Stay away from them and I'll make sure no one messes with you around here." 

I scowl in his direction, ignoring (for the second time today) my phone. I check the missed calls. Rian. No suprise there. I'm out the door and in the parking lot before he could call me back. By now, he's the last vehicle left. 

"Dude. What took you so long?" 

"Some guy stopped me in the hall." I clamber in the oversized automobile and shut the door only to lean on the window. 

"Uh-uh." Rian says, smiling, but just a strict. "You know my rules. Don't lean on the door while I'm driving."

"I won't fall out," I whine. "Alex lets me."

"Alex also drives in the opposite lane for fun with the excuse that he was born in England." Rian's comment makes both of us laugh, because although I haven't witnessed it myself, I'd heard about such experiences. "How was your day?" He glances over at me when he stops at the end of the schools parking lot, waiting for the oncoming cars to pass so he can get in the correct lane. "And Phoenix, I'm serious. Get off the door."

"I made some friends." I mumble and lay back in the seat, readjusting myself to look out the window without actually laying on it. "They're brothers, they're gay, and they're together. They've admitted to wanting to persue a threesome with me. The only other friend I've made is  relatively normal except for the fact that he's pyromaniac." I glare at Rian because he's laughing and there is no way he can hear me.  I shove his arm. 

He calms down laughing enough for me to make out, "Alex won't be happy about this, but hey, at least they might keep your mind off of Zack."

I immediately ignore him and go back to my previous position of leaning on the door. 

"Damn it, Envy," Rian murmurs, "I was joking around, kid."

I'm sorry, I say. I tell him it's not my fault. 

"I know it's not your fault." He runs a hand over his scalp and laughs. "I'm just sorry that we have to keep reminding you it won't happen. Can't happen." I don't say anything and just pretend that were going the right way; he missed the turn to the Barakats' house two blocks ago. "Phoenix, do you know how bad it would be if he hurt you? How pissed Alex would be?" He still gets no reply from me. "And then there's the age." 

I don't let him get another sentence out. "Where are we going?" I ask in a clipped tone. 

"Downtown. To a cafe. Flyzik is there with the guys. He's super excited to meet you, but just a warning: he has a slight obsession with Disney, alright?" I just grunt in reply. Rian continues, "And a party tomorrow. At some house Flyzik rented, but your invited. They're wont be that many people your age though."

"Will there be food?" I ask in monotone. 

Rian laughs, turning into a small café and parks the car while replying, "Of course! Who do you think we are, a bunch of losers?"

I grin coyly at him, lazily answer, "You don't want me to reply to that." 

He playfully flips me off, opening the door and climbing out.  "Get out of my Hummer."
♠ ♠ ♠
Rian seems like the type of guy that would drive around a big scary tank of a Hummer, no? Thank you all for commenting. :) They make my day and inspire moi. Make Love, Not Silence.