Status: Weekly updates, sometimes a bit quicker

The Road Trip

Prologue

Hmm… Maybe this road trip will actually be a good thing for once. Perhaps it will actually break my unlucky streak and, finally, I’ll be happy.I thought while packing my things. My mom decided, out of the blue, that since my high school years have ended and I’ll be going on a road trip across the country this summer with my best friend, Levi Gregory (who was apparently sneaking around my back to plan this, I’ll get her for that later…). I have absolutely no choice on the matter, so it’s basically kidnapping, but, honestly, who would believe me if I told them that my mother and best friend took me against my will to go on a “super fun” and “full of experiences you’ll only get once in a lifetime” (their words not mine) road trip? After I had rationalized that, I figured I might as well go with it, especially since I really don’t need any more extra college credits.

“Deeeennnnnyyyyyy!!!!!” I heard my mom yell from downstairs.

“Get your butt down here it’s just about time to leave!”

“I’m still packing, though, Mom!” I yelled to her in reply.

“Well, hurry up! You know how Levi gets when you make her wait…” she said, and I groaned inwardly, Ugh yeah I know…I thought. I mean seriously, Levi is one of the most anal people when it comes to time. I finished up packing my last few tanks, Capri pants, and socks. Then, I dragged my 5 bags downstairs, without getting any help from my lazy 15 year old brother who was watching me struggle the entire time.

“Yeah, don’t strain yourself, Scott. I’ve got this allll taken care of.” I said to him sarcastically, still having a hard time getting my bags down the stairs.

“Why thank you, Den, I’ve always appreciated your thoughtfulness towards others and your ability to be independent.” Scott said in a fake admiring tone. I rolled my eyes and continued down the stairs. Once I had gotten everything downstairs and next to the door, I walked into the kitchen and got a snack from the pantry. I’m sure Levi can wait a little longer, I mean she wouldn’t want me to die of hunger, would she? I thought while eating my granola bar. I then grabbed to rice krispie treats and proceeded to drag my bags outside where I knew Levi would be waiting impatiently.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some feedback please? :) Thank you!