Status: Weekly updates, sometimes a bit quicker

The Road Trip

Chapter 29

Chapter 29

“Well, after he pulled me into the linen closet, first I hit him, being as I didn’t know who it was, then I apologized because I found out it was him after he exclaimed ‘Ow, that hurt!’ and was rubbing his head.” Levi began timidly. “Then I asked him why he had pulled me in here and he looked at me and said that we needed to talk.” She took a deep breath. “So I said about what and he didn’t talk for a few seconds and then finally said that we had to talk… about us… So my eyes got really wide at that and so I swallowed and asked him what about us.” She stopped to take a breath.

This is some good stuff. I thought, processing what she’d told me so far. I was practically shaking with anticipation of what she would say next. Then she continued.

“This had caught me completely by surprise so I wasn’t sure how I was supposed to reply… And what he said next made me even more unsure and shocked. Corbin’s reply was that he likes me.” Then she paused and looked around before looking back at me. “But before he said he liked me he did something.”

“What did he do?” I asked, encouraging her to continue after she’d been silent for a bit. She looked right at me.

“He kissed me.”

Bold move, Corbin. I thought before she continued.

“And what surprised me more was that I liked it.” I smirked when she said that because I knew she would. “When he stopped kissing me and told me that he liked me I was speechless, no clue how to respond. So I closed my eyes.”

“You closed… your eyes?” I repeated questioningly with my eyebrow raised. She nodded.

“I closed my eyes and let my mind wander and took in what he said and how I felt. And I realized that I liked him too. A lot.” She watched my reaction, but there wasn’t much to see since my face was nonchalant being as I already knew she did. So she went on saying, “I knew I thought he was attractive when we first met him and that I enjoyed being around him. I even thought I liked him before we reached the hotel. But I didn’t think he liked me back so I tried to bury it.” Levi admitted to me. I scrunched my face up slightly.

“But if you liked Corbin, why’d you were you all over Foo-Goo, I mean, Tim?” I asked her. It just wasn’t adding up. She shrugged.

“I’m not proud of it at all. But at the time, I was desperate, I liked Corbin, and I wanted to see if he could ever like me back. So I decided to try and make him jealous. I know, oldest trick in the girl-guy handbook, but I had to do it. I just had to.” She looked a bit desperate while saying this, like she felt like she had to make me understand how she was feeling. “I don’t know why I picked to use stupid Foo-Goo for my juvenile plan, but I did, despite what he’d done to you and how he’d obsessed over you for so long. And honestly, I only meant to do it for just a few hours at the mall, but then… well, then I just liked the attention. I feel bad for it and I wish I hadn’t liked it, but I did. Having a guy tell me I’m beautiful made me feel good and special. I-I didn’t want to lose that feeling.

”So I kept flirting with Foo-Goo, even pecked him on the cheek a few times to keep him interested. It was stupid and foolish and I know how much it annoyed all of you to have him around us all the time. But I felt like I had to have it. The attention that is. I don’t know where the craving came from, but it was there and it was huge.” She looked so depressed and was earnestly confessing all this stuff. So, I softened my face to one of compassion and understanding and nodded slightly. She looked slightly more relieved as she went on. “But..yeah… I hope you can understand…” She looked at me hopefully. I smiled at her and slung an arm around her shoulder.

“Of course I can, we’re best friends.” I said rubbing my knuckles against the top of her head messing up her hair. We both laughed. Then I put on a fake serious face. “But if you ever try to make me jealous by putting moves on Eric. I will eat you up and spit you out.” I paused a second. Then added, “And I won’t even need to use ketchup.” I met her eyes for a second seriously and then burst out laughing. Then, she joined in when she realized I was kidding. She had actually looked a little scared there for a minute. I pretended to wipe a laughter tear from my eye.

“So, anyway, do I get to know what happened after you realized you really like Corbin in the closet?” I asked her, realizing she hadn’t finished her story yet. She nodded, took a deep breath and continued.

“Well… then I realized there was only one thing I could do. So I kissed him.” I smiled at her and patted her on the back. “Then, I told him that I liked him too. And then we kissed again and when we pulled away we were both smiling a lot. But then his smile faded a little. So I asked him what was wrong and he asked me what about Tim. So then I had to explain to him everything that I explained to you and I was hoping all through it that he would take it well and on not hate me afterwards for being so moronic.

“Once I had finished, he just looked at me. But… he wasn’t actually looking at me, he was looking through me, thinking, his mind someplace else, so until he came back to Earth and was done thinking I was just crossing my fingers hoping for the best. Then, finally, he started actually looking at me, in the eyes, and his neutral face gained a small smile. Then, he reached for my hand, kissed the knuckles, lowered it, but kept my hand safely tucked within his, and he told me that it was okay and that all that mattered was that we were together now and that while my confession bothered him, he still wouldn’t want me any other way than how I am.” Levi said happily, probably remembering when he said that. I sighed, happy for her. Corbin actually does know how romance a girl, I’m surprised. I thought, and then Levi continued with her recount.

“So then I giggled and we hugged and just talked about random things while holding hands. In a closet. Then, after we had been in there for awhile, I finally asked if we were a couple. But I asked really quietly, almost in a whisper so he just looked at me a little weird and said ‘what?’ So I repeated myself louder and then he chuckled. And that confused me so I was standing there puzzled while he was chuckling, therefore I poked him in the side and demanded that he tell me why he was laughing. Which made him stop laughing and give me a slight nudge towards the door of the closet. And he kept pushing me until we reached it. Then he leaned down and whispered ‘of course we are’ into my ear. And then he smiled at me and I giggled a bit because his breath had tickled my ear.

“Finally he put his arms around me and leaned me against the door, and said ‘are you ready?’ So I looked at him weird and then, out of nowhere, he opens the door and I nearly fall backwards, or at least I would’ve if he hadn’t been holding me. So because of that thrill of almost falling I started giggling so hard and hit Corbin a little because of the crazy smile he had on his face. And then he pulled me up to him and we kissed. Again.” So that’s what they were doing when I passed them…

“Ah, so lots of kissing has resulted from going into the closet… wonderful.” I said with a sarcastic smile. She winked at me.

“Apparently.” I laughed at that and gave her shoulder a squeeze.

“Good for you Levi, so anything else, or is that basically it?” I asked her.

“All done.” She said, throwing her hands into the air. I smiled and stood up, brushing myself off. Then I offered my hand and helped to pull her up.

“Well, that was a good story right before bed time,” I said smirking.

“I’m so glad it was entertaining for you,” Levi replied sarcastically.

“Well, I needed something to help me relax after my workout of trying to bring down a bull,” I said while looking at my fingernails, but glancing out of the corner of my eye at her reaction. She stuck her tongue out in my direction.

“Oh yeah, just for that comment…” She said and then reached out and poked me in my side. I yelped and jumped in the air after that little tickle. Levi laughed at me and I just glowered at her. But then I brightened and linked arms with her.

“Back to the room?” I asked.

“Back to the room.” She replied, and off we went.

}..{

“That was a very long bathroom break.” Eric said as soon as we entered the room.

“Yeah, so? What’s it to you?” I shot back and then unlinked with Levi and hopped onto my bed.

“Nothing, nothing at all.” Eric replied, knowing not to get into it with me right now being as I was sleepy.

“Exactly.” I replied then crawled under my covers and snuggled with my pillow.

“Alright! Everybody out!” Levi said sternly to Eric and Corbin who were both relaxing on her bed. They gave her sad, innocent looks.

“But… we want to stay here… please?” Corbin asked in a cute, sad voice, but Levi had put her foot down and finally, after failing a few times to get her to budge and even pleading for me to help them, which I ignored, they got up and made for the door. Eric took a detour on the way and came over to my bed.

“Good night.” He said to me with a sweet small smile after kissing me lightly on the lips. I smiled.

“Good night.” I replied.

“Sweet dreams.” He told me, then kissed my forehead after stroking my cheek and began to walk away to meet Corbin where he was waiting at the exit. I felt so relaxed and happy.

Just as they were opening the door, I shot straight up.

“Crap!” I exclaimed. Everyone turned and looked at me wondering what was up.

“What?” Everyone said at nearly the same time.

“We left Tim.”