Status: active ?

Pray For The Dead

Julie.

Cigarette perched between her lips, Julie leaned against the wall, waiting for Mallory to finally finish up in the bathroom so she could start getting ready. The girl took forever doing her hair for the simple concert they were going to. It was like they were going out to walk to streets again for another night, not going to a concert. Julie inhaled the poison, rolling her dark eyes as Mallory yelled to Julie that she’d be done in a minute, which in Mallory’s language, meant ten more minutes.

Julie pushed herself off the wall and made her was to the cramped kitchen, grabbing a pack of Pop-Tarts, the only thing they really had to eat in the place. She nibbled on them slowly, hopping up on the counter by the sink. She grabbed the half-empty bottle of Vodka beside her and took a swig. It burned her throat slightly, only slightly, never like the first time. She drank too much now for anything to hurt.

Her liver hated her.

Mallory came out of the bathroom a few minutes later, her hair in a teased mess. Pigeon hair, Julie called it and couldn’t stand it. It made her look like more of a whore than she actually was. “Bathroom’s free,” she stated. Julie nodded her head, hopping off the counter, leaving the Pop-Tarts – they tasted bad anyway – but taking the Vodka with her.

It took Julie half the time to get a shower and wash her hair than Mallory did. She blow-dried it quickly, only running a brush through it – she had no reason to impress anyone by doing her hair, tonight was to just get out, this was not a money-making night, not like any other night of the week. She applied only the normal amount eyeliner and eye shadow, which was never much or at least the eye shadow wasn’t.

She walked out of the bathroom to see a Miss Mallory May Skye in a pair of skin tight black jeans, a shirt cut so low it really couldn’t be considered a shirt, and a pair of heels that could kills. “Love, you look like you’re going to walk the streets and hang on corners, not to a concert,” Julie stated, eyeing the girl and running a hand through her hair.

“Old habits die hard, Jay, now go get dressed in that sexy black skirt of yours and those fishnets,” Mallory giggled, pushing her towards the closet they shoved all their clothes in. “Besides, these old habits paid for those tickets tonight.”

Julie shook her head before finding the black skirt that seemed more like a belt and the fishnets she said, looking for a shirt to go with it. A few seconds later, she felt cloth hit her head and pulled it off her head, looking at the shirt. Her favourite red tank and a fishnet long-sleeved shirt to go over top, a red studded belt and a pair of Mallory’s heels followed. She pulled on everything but the shoes, not because she would trip and break her neck in them – though it would happen at some point – but because Julie’s feet were so tiny. She pulled on her Converse even if they looked like they were fall apart at any moment.

“Ready?” Mallory asked, looked down to the short Julie. She nodded her head before looping arms with each other, walking out of the flat and to Mallory’s shitty car. The music that played from the speakers as soon as they car started was deafening, making Julie wince slightly. It only took a few moments to adjust to the volume of the car.

“So, who’s the band again?” Julie asked loudly over the music.

“Bring Me The Horizon!” Mallory answered, just as loud, though neither of the two thought of turning the volume down in the car.

“Who?” Julie asked, not hearing a single word she said. Julie turned to face Mallory, reading her red painted lips as she repeated what she had previously stated. Bring Me The Horizon, oh. She still hadn’t the slightest clue who that was, only guessing that it had to have been the shirt best friend she was wearing and who was playing through the speakers of the shitty car.

“Goddamn it, Mal, when the hell are we going to hear them?” Julie asked her friend loudly so she could hear over the music. The bands that already played were okay, nothing special, honestly. Mallory shrugged, turning to the stage, pointing and screamed. Mallory grabbed Julie’s hand and started to pull the girl through the crowd to the mosh pit, wanting to get to the barrier. People shoved and pushed them aside, managing to separate them. Julie shouted her best friend’s name a few times, but it was useless, with the noise and screaming going on from the fans of the band playing on stage.

Julie sighed loudly, not able to hear it over everything. She craved a cigarette but didn’t want to leave without her best friend. Another sigh escaped her lips and pushed her way through the crowd, making her way to the barrier. She ran a hand through her hair and glanced up at the band, wanting to see who this band actually was.

It only took a moment, but a moment is only needed when one remembers someone they were so close with years ago. Julie’s eyes widened, knowing well who the tattooed boy was.

“Oliver,” she spoke, but knew well he couldn’t hear her. “Oliver!” She exclaimed, excitement rushing through every vein in her body. For the rest of the concert, she stood there, staring at the boy who she wanted so dearly to just look down and remember her, remember everything that happened. She was there until Mallory found her. She was there, staring at the single boy, just wishing he would glance down at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes? No?