Status: active ?

Pray For The Dead

Julie.

Julie’s lips formed his name silently one last time, staring up at him, meeting his own eyes before Jona dragged him offstage, the concert over. Mallory too, had to drag her own friend away from the stage that she had been so desperately griping, wanting Oliver to come back out just so she could see him once again. Julie kept turning back as Mallory pulled her away.

“It’s Oliver! Oliver, Mal! My best friend in school!” Julie exclaimed, being forced to follow Mallory, who, just by her body language, Julie could tell was rolling her eyes at her. “Mal!” She exclaimed, smiling so wide it hurt. Never once had the girl felt this happy in her life, hell, she was practically Little Miss Sunshine.

Mallory turned sharply on her killer heels, a few inches taller than Julie. “Honey, that can’t be your Oliver, and if it was, then he was an ass for leaving you, I bet he doesn’t even remember you,” Mallory stated, looking down at her.

Julie shook her head, not believing a word of it. “No, Oliver has to remember me! He looked straight down at me!” She exclaimed, breaking away from Mallory’s grip and practically skipping over to her car, spinning around and around, almost falling a few times. She giggled.

“No! Julie, get a fucking grip!” Julie turned to Mallory, confused. “He’s famous and we’re hookers, the only thing he’ll be doing with you is fucking, and that’s only if you’re lucky.”

It all hit her. Everything Mallory said was true, to be honest, he was famous and he was just someone to fuck. Julie shook her head, every excitement had had filled her every vein disappeared. “I’m stupid!” She ran a hand through her hair, climbing into the car and slamming the door shut in frustration.

“Oh, no, honey, just naive,” Mallory said, glancing over to her in the car as she started it up. She turned the music off, knowing it wouldn’t be wise. “How about we get some of that good stuff from Frank and have a special party just for the two of us, yeah?” She asked halfway home. Julie didn’t say a word, only staring out the window.

Julie ran a hand through her hair, annoyed with herself and Oliver. She felt like crying, but she was much too smart and strong for that. “Sweetie?” Mallory asked, parking the car.

“I don’t feel like it, I just want a smoke, or maybe a bottle of vodka, maybe tequila, and I just might need to get laid,” Julie stated, biting her lower lip as she climbed out of the car. “Fuck, I need all of it,” she muttered shaking her head.

Not even a half an hour later Julie was out on the streets, her hair a dishevelled mess, a cigarette between her lips and bottle of Grey Goose in her hand. She took a swig, leaning against a building. She was tipsy, not smashed, not yet at least. She had the cigarette, and the liquor, now all she needs is to get laid and everything would be fine.

Julie took a long drag, letting the poison fill her lungs, holding it in for a moment before exhaling out her nose. Taking another swig from the bottle she slid down the side of the building. She shook her head, not fixing her hair at all, but right now she couldn’t give a fuck.

People passed her, some looked down at her disapprovingly – Julie only flipped them off – and some looked down at her, cat calling and whistling – she flipped them off too for they were far too ignorant for her and she couldn’t deal with that tonight.

She groaned, banging her head against the brick wall slightly, crossing one leg over another. She pulled her red tank top down slightly, suddenly wishing she had decided to wear a more revealing top. Julie pulled herself up off the ground, hiking her skirt up slightly.

At some point, a destroyed-looking bus came pulling up the side and the door opened to reveal one of the guys from the concert. Julie was unable to remember which band the kid was in. “Come on in love, the more the merrier,” he grinned.

Julie too grinned, dropping the cigarette to the ground and taking a sip from the liquor. A smirk appeared on her own reddened lips as she walked up to the bus, taking a step onto it. She stood on her tip-toes, murmuring into his ear, “Let’s have some fun, yeah?”

Julie didn’t know that she was walking on the bus with Jona nor did she know that Oliver was on the same bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes? No?