Status: active ?

Pray For The Dead

Oliver.

Oliver banged his head against the fogged up glass behind his head. Matt offered a cigarette to the intoxicated rock star, only to have it rejected. A groan sounded from his throat, feeling too sick to even think about smoking or drinking any more than he had already tonight. The bus pulled to the side of the road, and Oliver shut his eyes. He heard Jona's voice from the front of the bus, and then the doors open.

"Alright, we got us here some fun, boys. One for all of us." he said loudly, as the whores all piled into the bus. Oliver winced, and shook his head, still leaned against the glass. He wished the feeling of being drunk would pass by within the next few minutes, but knew that the reasoning for his sudden change in mood wasn't the alcohol, nor the cigarettes. He had unmistakeably seen Julie. He tried to fight the temptation to open his eyes, but finally opened them to find her,once again, looking straight at him.

"Julie?" The words sounded clearly from his throat, as he felt as if he might choke on the words coming forth from his mouth. She opened, then closed her mouth right as Jona took her hand and pulled her down to his level. He put his hands on the sides of her face and pulled her cigarette stained lips to his. Oliver resisted the urge to pull her from Jona, but a whore with blond hair and blue eyes immediately blocked his view of her. She whispered unattractive words into his ear, and he politely pushed her away, but she decided to come back to try again.

Oli rejected the girl once more, and the woman finally let off to join Lee and his girl. Julie's eyes wandered again to him, but they were pulled away as Jona forced her back again. Gritting his teeth, unsure of what to do with his fervent appentency, he took a cigarette out of the pack sitting on the booth next to him, and lit it up, taking a few considerable drags and blowing it out his mouth with uneven breaths.

After a few more minutes of being sickened by the sight before him, he stood up and hastily made his way over the drunken couples, who were now spread out into different regions of the bus. He opened the door to the lavatory once again, and flushed the bud of his cigarette down the toilet before staring at himself in the mirror.

Standing in front of him, staring back into his deep brown eyes, was a rock star that looked as if he was in need of a few months in rehabilitation. You're a wreck. You're a fuck-up, man, you fucked up big time, Oliver. his conscious said to him, but he shrugged off the words, as if only thinking of them as a side-effect to the alcohol currently in his system. In the next few moments of locking his eyes to the eyes in his reflection, he felt the sudden desire to vomit. And after a few more minutes of feeling this way, he finally hurled his body to the floor and did just that.

The night turned to morning, and Oliver's eyes opened to the white tile beside him. He sat up, head shaking, and looked around. He stood up and opened the familiar metal door, and strode slowly down the congested hallway to overlook the mess of bodies strewn about the bus. Jona, both Matt's and Lee had all fallen asleep nude, and the prostitutes were all either the same or topless. His eyes lingered over Julie, who had passed out on the table in front of the booth. her eyes were open, and a cigarette was in her poised hand. She seemed to be in thought.

"Good morning." the words escaped Oliver's lips involuntarily. She looked up at him, and the corners of her lips rose slightly. She replied with identical words, and Oli bit into his cheek. He stepped over his companions and sat down at the end of the booth. He pulled out a cigarette, and lit the end of it with his lighter. Smoke immediately arose from the end, and he inhaled a gracious amount and blew it out his nostrils.

"It's been-" the two said almost in unison. Oliver chuckled, as Julie looked down at the floor savagely. He observed that the look in her eyes registered anger. He took another long drag of his cigarette, keeping his eyes on her the entire time.