Status: active ?

Pray For The Dead

Oliver.

Oliver's jaw slightly fell in awe at Julie's attitude. She's a prostitute, you don't need her, you've got everything his conscious urged, but Oliver knew himself better. When he wanted something, he'd do anything to get it, and whatever would stand in his way would just have to come with him. He stood up, uneasy about the action, but figured by the time he got back, the boys would still be asleep.

As he walked down the street, warming his hands in his pockets, he cocked his head so the black strands of hair blew to the side of his face instead of his eyes. He turned the corner and saw the girl at the curb, sitting with her head between her knees and leaning against a brick building. He quickened his pace, and pulled his hood up and slid on a pair of sunglasses, as a precaution toward the people on the street. He stopped walking about a foot beside Julie.

"Get your ass up, Jules." he hissed. She looked up at him, eyes stained with her running black make-up. He bit the inside of his cheek, almost to the point where his cheek would go numb, but he held out a hand. Hesitantly, Julie took his hand and looked around. "What is your problem, Julie?" he pressed, his voice dropping to a low whisper.

"I'd like to know the same," she replied with a slight glance at him and then the building. "Frank could show up any minute, I suggest you leave." Oliver didn't let go of her wrist. She struggled but finally realized she could do nothing to free herself from his grip. "Oliver Sykes, let go of me!" she whined, looking at him with pleading eyes. He shook his head.

"I'll pay if I have to, Julie. You can't go. It's been too long, Jules." he insisted. Her eyes flickered to the pavement, and then she finally nodded. She set a price, and Oliver agreed, letting go of her arm.

Together, they walked down the sidewalk, and finally stopped at the coastline. The wind grew stronger, and Oliver readjusted his hood. He glanced curiously at Julie, who shrugged. "Aren't you cold?" he asked, and she replied with a shake of her head. He lit up another cigarette, and took an immediate drag of it. She looked at him helplessly, and he offered it to her. "You haven't said a word since I picked you up." he observed as she took a drag of the cigarette. She nodded, and passed the cigarette back to him.

"It's quite strange, we used to be much more comfortable around each other." he said as he blew smoke out his mouth. Standing beside him, she sighed, and Oliver looked at her questionably. Julie shrugged once again, and leaned against the railing. Oliver passed the cigarette to her, and licked his lips. His mouth tasted stale, laced with the unappetizing taste of cigarettes. He needed a drink. Julie offered the cigarette to him, and he rejected. Oliver, once again, felt the need to vomit, but the feeling passed. For the first time in a while, he felt the anxiety coming back to him.

The pair didn't talk, they stared off into the blue sea, silently watching the tide come in. Seconds turned into minutes, and finally, Julie spoke up. "You ruined me, you know that?" her somber voice was like a love song. Oliver's throat ran dry, and he wrinkled his nose, not turning to look at her. "You left me behind, and you ruined me." The words rang through his head over and over through the silence. He bit his lower lip, and lowered his head slightly.

"You made me happy, you made me believe. You say I've changed? You've changed, Syko. You turned into an arrogant asshole." He shook his head threateningly, denying the words that rose from her lips. "I had a dream, Jules. I pursued that dream." he challenged, still looking out onto the blue horizon. She sighed heavily.

"I guess I was in love with the wrong person." Oliver said.
♠ ♠ ♠
:3