Thought I Had It Figured Out

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It's totally normal that I’m freaking out, right?

It's just the job a million girls would kill for… I’ll be fine, and if it doesn’t work out I could always go work with mom. No! That would probably be the worse thing to do.

I really need to do something and stopt thinking with all this doubt.

It doesn’t help when Sierra has the best life in the world. Man, I am so jealous of my sister right now...

“Ms. Fitch?” The women from behind the counter said, “Mrs. Morrison would like see you now.”

“Oh right, thank you.” I smiled kindly to the lady and got up from my seat. I followed behind her to meet the editor of Cosmopolitan Magazine.

“Here you are. Just take a seat and she should be here shortly.” she informed me.

“Alright, thank you.” She nodded her head and left.

“Alright-y then,” I said to myself. I glanced down at my nails. Oh my god, why didn’t I think of it before? My nails look disgusting, all half bitten and chipped to the extreme.

“Shit!” I cursed under my breath.

“You should watch your mouth.” A voice from behind me stated.

“I’m so sorry, but-” I turned around to see this hot- I mean sexy guy standing there in a tux. He was just leaning there, being well... sexy. And let me say, he was darn good at it.

“You don’t need to be sorry.” He laughed, taking a seat beside me. “I swear all the time, just not in front of anyone.” he clued me in.

“But I didn’t know you were there, so...” I explained, but more like making a fool of myself.

“Mr. Morrison, isn’t there somewhere you need to be? Perhaps a meeting?” A voice said from behind us. I turned my head to see Kate Morrison herself. Her with her bob cut blonde hair, with her brown piercing eyes and her height... her height was unbelievably tall.

“I was just leaving.” He told her. Mr. Morrison looked at me and nodded. I hid my smile as he got up and walked out the door to God knows where.

“You must be Jasmine Fitch?” She questioned while shaking my hand and sitting down at her desk.

“Yes, that would be me.” I joked. She didn’t find it funny so I handed her my resume instead.

“So why here of all places?” She asked me after looking at my papers.

“Well I’ve been reading Cosmo since I was in 9th grade. I love fashion and it's just something I always knew I wanted to do.” I told her. She nodded her head and looked down at my information again.

“It says here that you have a blog?” She asked me.

“Yes I do. I’ve had it for three years. It's all about my love and interest for the fashion world.” I smiled at her. She just nodded and looked back down.

“You attended a fashion school?” She asked.

“Yes I did.”

“Well you're resume is quite impressive for one thing. You do seem very interested and committed to fashion I'll give you that, but can you keep up with Cosmo? I do see you having a lot of potential here and granting you an internship seems like a smart step on my part. Don't prove me wrong.”

“Are you serious?!” I exclaimed.

“Of course I am, why else wouldn’t I be?”

“It's just... whoa! Thank you so much. I wont let you down, I promise.”

“I'm glad you're over joyed, but I have a meeting to attend. You start tomorrow at 8:30am. I will see you then.” She nodded her head.

“Yes of course I will be here, 8:30 am sharp.” I smiled, got up and shook her hand.

I cannot wait until tomorrow!
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think. But be honest. This is so different from what i normally write. Huge step.

so tell me what you think

please comment and subcribe :)

Tanya