Thought I Had It Figured Out

Chapter 3

Keep it on low; I’ll be waiting for you

I danced to the music with Miranda on my side. She was totally drunk and it was only 1:34 am.

“We're dancing at a red light, I could do it all night!” I sang along to the music. I then felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. I turned my head to see Seth’s brown chocolate eyes. He leaned in to whisper in my ear.

“I need to talk to you!” He said, but I couldn’t hear him over the loud music.

“What!?” I yelled.

“I need to talk to you!”

“Did you say you need to talk to me?” I asked. He huffed and grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the living room to my bedroom.

“I said I need to talk to you,” he told me while closing the door. I mouthed an 'oh' back.

“Can we sit?” he asked.

“Oh yea, of course.” We walked over to the bed and sat down in front of each other. We had both our legs crossed. “What did you want to talk about?”

“Mandy and I got into a fight.” he started off with.

“You guys seemed fine last night at dinner...” I stated.

“See that’s the thing… last night everything was fine. Today after work, it wasn’t.”

“What happened after work?” I raised my eyebrow.

“Here let me tell you the whole story… It started off with a really good day at work. We had a little lunch party for Dave because he's getting married next week and everyone won't be seeing him for half a month.” I nodded my head. “So on my way home from work I picked up stuff for dinner, wanting to make Mandy something nice since I was such in a good mood. So I get all the shit and I’m pulling into the drive way and I see a Black SUV. So in my mind I’m thinking of she might have a friend over or what not… But that wasn’t the case.” He took a pause, he was hurt.

I grabbed his hand and held it on top on my lap. I knew this was hard for him to say. You could see the pain in his eyes. I wonder why he didn’t tell me right after it happened or later earlier in the party.

“I walk in, saying “Honey, I’m home!” and for a response I get my fucking girlfriend moaning. So I throw my stuff on the ground and run to the living room, and she and this ass hole are on the living room table fucking each other. He- of course- see's me walk in and smiles at me. So she then notices me and stops whatever she's doing. She's there trying to say sorry and that she loves me and the guy runs off before I could punch him in the jaw. So we’re arguing and I get a text from Miranda saying something about a party tonight so I got my ass out as fast as I could before anything else happened.” He told me while tighten his grip on my hand.

“Oh Seth, I’m so sorry.” I said and pull him into my arms.

“You were right.”

“About what?”

That his girlfriend is a slut? I know...

“That she was no good for me. That she was just going to break my heart and use me.” he said.

“Seth, don’t ever think like that...” I told him looking him in the eyes.

“But you said-”

“Don’t listen to me, I’m stupid.” I told him and held him.

“Can I stay here tonight?” he asked me.

“Of course. Miranda wouldn’t care she’s drunk out of her mind. You could sleep in my bed I’ll sleep on the couch” I told him.

“Oh no, no. I’m not taking your bed away from you… how about we just share? It would make things a lot easier.” He did have a point.

“Fine, but you better share the blanket this time!” I joked, he laughed along. “So now how about we go back to the party and dance our asses off?”

“How about I get you really drunk?” he said.

“I'll pass on that one... I've got to go to work looking fresh tomorrow.” His eyes rolled as he grabbed my hand to run towards the living to party!
♠ ♠ ♠
here you guys go! hope you liked it. Just to let you guys know that the next chapter is going to be very juicy! :D

Song
Red Light - Selena Gomez

Tanya