The Secret Website

Jules

I sat on my doorstep. I really didn't want to get in, but I didn't want to stay outside either. Bad thoughts kept running through my mind.

Where's Tre? What happened to him? Is he angry? Does he hate me?

I needed to find some distraction, so I got up and went for a walk. Lighting my cigarette, I cursed under my breath. It was the last one. After a while, I stopped under a street lamp, taking the last puff from my cigarette and throwing it away.

I looked left and right to see if anyone was approaching, and sure enough a figure was walking towards me. I couldn't see properly, but I could tell it was a woman.

My heart stopped when she stepped in the light of the street lamp and I was able to recognize her. I took a sharp breath. I heard her doing the same, so I guess she recognized me.

After all, she wasn't responsible for everything that ever happened to me. It wasn't her fault.

I stepped forward so that there wasn't enough space left for her to keep going forward. She glared at me.

"Excuse me, would you let me...?"

"Nope" I answered briefly. I was trying so hard not to sound so sad and confused that I even sounded cheerful.

"What?"

"I said no." I looked up and for the first time I saw her eyes. Really pretty, I have to admit.

"And why's that?" She said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Because I want to apologize."

She looked really surprised. Well, so was I. I had never thought I would be able to say that to someone I believed to hate. When it was clear that she wasn't going to say anything to that, I went on.

"I mean, I'm sorry. I really am. For bumping into you earlier and shouting at you afterwards." I looked down.

"You know, I've always thought you were a dickhead." she said.

"But I have to admit, I'm starting to think you're a good guy. Deep down."

I looked up again, and she was smiling. Well, not properly smile, I could see the hint of a smirk behind that smile. She was still making fun of me.

"I do hate you." I said. Her eyes widened.

"Well, maybe not as much as I thought. Let's say, I still really dislike you." That wiped the smirk off of her face.

"You know, that's not a nice thing to say to someone you don't even know." She almost whispered.

"But I do know you." I told her, "Your name is Jules, your friends call you Julie or Juliet, you have that fantastic blue car, oh, you're 28 years old..."

"27!" She corrected me wide-eyed.

"Right, sorry, 27. And you like playing around with your friends all the time, obviously not caring about everybody else around you and what they might think of you." I ended my little know-it-all speech, and this time the smirk was on my face instead of hers.

"How do you know all of these things?" she asked. Was she scaried? Ha!

"I... my..." I couldn't answer, because that question brought my attention back on Tre and now I couldn't focus on what I was saying. Gosh, Billie, get a grip on yourself.

"Well?" She insisted.

"My best friend used to be so in love with you, you have no idea!" I forced a smile.

"Oh. I got it. You're Frank's friend, aren't you?" she raised and eyebrow. It was weird hearing someone call Tre by his real name. Unusual.

"Yeah." I said.

"Poor guy, doesn't he know he's got no chance with me?" She said with a tone that implied the sentence: I'm too hot for you mortal people. Now, isn't that a little cocky?

"Of course he does, that's why I said used to be."

"Oh. Right."

There was a couple of seconds of silence, then I spoke again.

"So, will you accept my apology?"

"Oh, yeah, of course I will, Billie, don't worry about it, I..."

"Wait."

"...don't know why I didn't say that earlier, but..."

"Stop."

"...it was nothing to worry about, I don't care, honestly, just forget it, and..."

"Jules, stop talking now!"

She glared at me.

"What?" she asked.

"How do you know my name?" I'm sure I heard wrong, how on Earth...? And did she just blush?

"I don't." she said, her face a deep shade of red. She walked past me, trying to get away. I easily reached her and walked with her.

"Oh yes, you do, I heard you!" I grinned.

"I didn't mention your name, Billie." She stopped abruptly, realizing what she had just said, and blushing even more.

I was trying not to laugh.

"See? You do." I smiled. She started walking the other way.

"Are you avoiding me?" I asked.

"No, I'm not."

"Then why are you running away?"

"I'm not running away."

"Fine, then, why are you walking quickly away from me?"

She glared at me again, but this time I let her walk away.

The question was more important than I first thought.

Why does she know my name?
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, well, well.

After months of long waiting, I'm glad to tell you that this story is BACK!

First, I'd like to thank everyone who didn't unsubscribe. I love you!

Second, I'd like to thank in advance anyone who will comment the next chapter. Comments really keep me going, and help me to find new ideas.

So, enjoy this new chapter, tell me what you think and you'll all be rewared with tons of cookies!

_Lena_
xo

PS. I know the updates will be slow, but trust me, I won't let another five months pass before I post the next chapter! :)