My Beloved Monster

011

Image

I couldn't believe that asshole gave the signal to drop me.

Last famous words for Ryan Dunn were "Don't worry Adel. He'll come in time."

And they'll be his last cause I am soooooo killing him when I get out of here. I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt gravity take control.

The last thing I had seen was the blue of Bam's infamous hummer. But it didn't matter because he was too late.

I breathed in deep and held it as a reflex when I hit the freezing water.

I cringed every time something touched me. I was so afraid to move. I just let myself sink to the bottom of the tank hoping nothing would come near me.

All I kept thinking was what would happen if I were to run out of air. Or if a snake would wrap itself around me.

It's not like I could go in any upward direction since the two idiots tied me with so much rope I was lucky that I could move at all.

I was under for maybe a minute when I was wrenched out.

As instinct I took a deep breath. Bad idea. I still had the gag on so all I got was the water in soaked up. So as a result a started to choke.

Whoever got me rolled the gag off so it hung around my neck and helped me sit up. They rubbed my back until my coughing fit was over.

I still had my eyes shut as the person untied me. I was too afraid that I would see the snakes all over me if I opened them.

All I heard was their breathing and the jerk offs laughing not too far away from us.

As soon as the person finished freeing me they took a hold of my face gently. "You can open your eyes now. Everything's alright."

I trusted the voice, but still tensed up and slowly opened my eyes, "Bam?"

He nodded and I threw my arms around him. "It's okay." He comforted me, rubbing my back.

"No, no it's not." I stood up. "Not until that son of a bitch is dead!"

I threw off my shoes and started chasing Dunn. Who kept laughing hysterically.

Stupid laughing and smoking caused him to slow down so I tackled him to the ground and punched him. Yet, he still continued to laugh! "What the fuck are you laughing for?!!"

In between catching his breath and still laughing he was able to answer me, "Those...those snakes...were...were!...FAKE!!!" He started laughing harder.

So I punched him again. "I hate you so much right now!"

Ville pulled me off him, "Come on love" He helped me up and pulled me to the side, whispering in my ear, "If you leave him alone for now; I'll let you in on a little secret." I smiled and nodded; I love secrets.

Bam kicked Dunn in the side as he still laid on the ground. "You are so fucking lucky that those things weren't real."

Dunn just grinned, "Yeah, but you still went in after her." Ryan heaved himself up and laughed, "And I got all that on tape. I am a genius!"

Several hours later, I was sitting on my bed with Bruno after I had taken a shower and changed into some pajamas. I threw my hair in a messy pony tail.

There was a knock on my door, "Come in!"

"I believe that I owe you a secret." Ville said in his native tongue smirking over at me.

I jumped on my bed excitedly, "Jaa-ni!"

He sat down next to me. "You know how afraid you are of small snakes?" I nodded, "Well Bammi boy is afraid of all snakes. Yet, for some strange reason, he leaped out of the car and dove into his greatest fear."

He what? My jaw dropped. Why would do that for me?

Ville kissed my cheeks as I sat there dumbfounded and walked over to the door. He scrunched his nose and had a devious smile upon his thin lips. "Oh, and Adelina?" I looked up. "You two looked good together under that romantic moon light." He slipped out before I could react.

When my brain finally started signaling the right nerves, I leaped up and swung the door open, "Ville- oh, you're not Ville."

Bam smiled and laughed lightly, "No, but it couldn't be all that bad being him I guess."

I laughed too, "Yeah, a Finnish sex god."

"Hey, don't you forget that I'm the Pennsylvania sex god!"

"Oh really?" I raised my eyebrows and couldn't help but laugh.

"So you think that that's funny huh?" He advanced on me. I nodded when his lips came crashing down on mine. The initial shock had worn off before I grabbed his head, deepening the kiss.

He had a satisfied grin upon that face of his at my reaction. "So is it safe to say that you're not mad at me anymore?"

"Angry with you? Why would I be?" I was utterly perplexed. "Why does everyone keep asking me that?"

"Wait, you are not mad at me?" I shook my head. "Then why'd you leave this morning?"

"What do you mean?" I placed a hand on my hip.

"What do I mean?" He repeated frustrated. "This morning you were gone, vanished, as in no where to be found. I sent out a search party for you!"

It was hard to keep a straight face. Jeeze did he get worried over something so small. "For your information, I went and took care of your mom this morning."

"My mom?" He rubbed his face at his stupidity. "That should have been the first place I called. Wait, why were you there?"

"You dad asked if I could watch over her because she was sick and he had work to do with Vito."

"I can believe that I didn't check there first." He shook his head at well himself.

He glared at me as I laughed at him. "So what did you come in here for originally. Surely it wasn't to lower your IQ."

"Haha. You're just sooooo funny." He said sarcastically and rolled his eyes.

"I know; I should have been a comedian." I grinned cheekily.

"Sure....But what time are we leaving tomorrow?"

"You are still coming?" I asked kind of surprised.

"Well, yeah. I mean I told you I was."

"I know I just wasn't sure. But, I guess we'd leave around eight?"

"Eight's perfect." he smiled. My phone started ringing the Psycho theme song, making Bam laugh a bit. "I'll let you get this." He nodded toward the phone and made his exit.

It was Loring letting me know that he set it up so that I could go have an ice rink from 5:30 in the morning to noon starting Wednesday basically until I whenever I leave. I finally get to break my skates in!

I sighed and plopped on my bed, leaving me to my scary thoughts. I think the mind might be the scariest enemy out there.

What happened back there, or even last week? I rubbed my forehead trying to get rid of this magical spell I was under.

This couldn't happen; this cant' happen! I live in a whole different country with a whole different life!

I'll always be on the move from competition to competition. This was how I made a living. If I didn't figure skate I didn't eat.

So nothing serious will ever be able to happen.

I sighed.

This has happened to every relationship I have ever had. Hell, I didn't have my first real kiss until I was 18 years old.

But why is it so hard to let go and ignore these feelings? It's not like we have history. Well, except diapers and sandboxes. Woop-di-do!

I sighed once more and remembered where I was going tomorrow and whom I was to face. This weekend will be eventful. I thought sarcastically. I had no idea what was really in stored for me.