My Beloved Monster

012

Image

I woke up bright and early as usual and went through my daily routine. I pack a small duffle bag and got dressed in jeans and a bra to do some skating.

When I got back inside Bam was sitting there with a mug of coffee. Cleanly shaved and dressed in a black button down shirt and jeans.

"What are you doing up already? I thought you said eight?" He said smugly.

I was still flushed and catching my breath. "Nothing much, just using my blades. Let me take a quick shower and we can get going."

Bam smirked at how I managed to wiggle my way out of his question. He was going to get me to admit "my skill". Even if it meant to wake up at an ungodly hour of the day to catch me in the act.

"Sounds good." He mumbled and took a sip of his coffee.

After a quick shower, I changed into a cute dress, but presentable enough for my family, and slipped on some comfy shoes.

"Are we taking Bruno with us?" Bam asked taking my duffle bag for me.

"No, I dropped him off at Ape's this morning." I bent down to fix my shoe.

When I looked up Bam was staring at me. "Wow, you look beautiful."

I blushed and tucked some hair behind my ear. "Thank you."

He smiled at me. "You know? Your English has gotten better since you got here."

"Really?" He nodded. "That's a relief. At least I'm not calling you Pam anymore right?"

We both laughed, "Yeah, but you looked cute trying."

I bumped sides with him as we walked to the hummer. "So you think I'm cute now?"

"No, I think you're gorgeous." I smiled and blushed a little and he laughed softly at me.

"Vielen Dank" He helped me into the car.

"Nichts zu danken!" He replied. I couldn't help, but to laugh. "I just butchered that didn't I?" he grinned

I smiled and kissed his nose. "Not at all. But, it's easier to say Bitte."

He had a goofy smile on his face as he got into the driver's seat. Okay, like I said, nothing serious can amount from this. But, I never said the next couple of months could not be fun.

For the next couple of hours we sang off key, laughed at random things, and I managed to get a little more shut eye.

We stopped at a gas station and I brought some drinks and Lifesaver Gummies for us, while Bam filled up the tank.

He looked kind of tired. "Hey, are you okay." I rubbed his back.

"Yeah." He rubbed his face. "I'm fine."

"I'm going to drive the rest of the way."

"I'm fine; I can manage."

"Do you even know where we are going from here." I crossed my arms. He stayed silent. "That's what I thought."

He rolled his eyes and handed over the car keys. "Fine."

That hypocrite fell asleep as soon as we hit the highway. But he needed it. He was so childlike lying there slightly snoring with his hair slightly in his face.

I turned my attention back to the road. I saw a sign not too far away saying that we were nearing Yonkers, New York.

About a half an hour on the Saw Mill later, rounding near 12:30pm, we finally made it to the Bronx. I smiled reminiscing on all my childhood memories. I couldn't wait to share them with Bam.

I parallel parked across from my Oma's house. There were a couple of dark haired kids running in the driveway that separated the two city homes. I smiled, my how they have grown.

I smiled at Bam who was mumbling in his sleep. I gently pushed the few curls out of his eyes and tucked them out of sight. I jumped as his hand had covered mine.

"Hey sleepy head. We're here." I whispered.

He groaned sleepily and nuzzled his head against my hand. "Already?" He allowed his eyes to adjust to the light.

"I told you that you needed some rest." I smirked victoriously at him.

"No, I would have been fine, but I just didn't want to pass up an opportunity to get some extra." He countered.

"Of course." I smiled letting him believe whatever.

I let out a sigh. "Time for me to face the music I guess." I said to myself.

Bam squeezed my hand. "But not alone."

I smiled, "That's right I get to drag your sorry ass down with me."

He laughed and just squeezed my hand once more.

"Ready?" I asked him.

"Yeah, just give me a sec I promised Ape I'd give her a call." He took out his phone.

I hopped down from the driver's seat and stretched my legs.

"Adelina?!" I heard some one shout my name.

"Hey Ape, we just got here." He smiled watching my stretch my stiffness away.

"That's good. Have you met them yet?" She asked kind of worried.

I didn't understand what was so scary about her family. Who could be worse than Mum Mum. "No, she's waiting outside the car?" Where'd she go? I shrugged it off maybe she went in already. "Ape, what's the deal. How bad could they be?" I asked wanting some answers.

"Well since you're there they'll be on their behavior." She said bitterly. "I don't know how to sum up all the shit they put Amara and Adelina through. But they're just not family material. They'd just attack her and make her feel like an outcast. And Adel has seen her mom in so much emotional pain caused by them."

Bam was stunned about how passionate Ape was against these people. He only thought that his mom could only hate Vito with that much venom.

"Look Bam, I don't want to keep you and there's not enough time to explain everything to you over a phone, but watch out for Irene." Bam heard her sigh. "I'm glad you're with her though. You really are keeping Adelina safe by being there today. I'm sure it means a lot more to her than it does to me for what you're doing."

"Really Ape, it's no big deal. I don't mind being here." Bam reassured her.

"But it is a big deal Bam. I'll let you go. Have fun. Take care of her for me. Be safe and-"

"And don't do anything too stupid. I know the drill." Bam chuckled as they went through their ritual goodbye warnings.

To Bam this meant making up for loss time that they could have had growing up. Who knows what would have happened if she hadn't moved at all.

I grinned at Ariana running over to me from across the road. She leaped up and tackled me to the ground. "Oooff." I landed with a thud on the sidewalk. "Miss me?"

Ariana was my 13-year-old cousin. She had beautiful dark brown hair and these crystal blue eyes. She's so beautiful now that I can only imagine what she'll look like when she gets older. The middle child and only girl out of the four of my Aunt Irene's kids.

Just because I don't get along with my aunts or uncles, doesn't mean I won't mistreat their kids.

She laughed and helped me up. "Whoa, is this your car?"

"Can you ever see me owning one of these things?" I teased her.

She laughed. Bam came around from his side. "This beauty is mine." he said proudly.

Ariana tugged on my dress, like she always had when she was little, and whispered in my ear. "He's handsome."

I laughed and looked back at Bam. "He is, isn't he?"

"Hey now secrets are no fun unless you share 'm." He tisked me.

"Well we're just felling greedy then."

Ariana nodded and turned to me once more with a mischievous smile. "Did you bring us anything?"

"Of course. For the boys, they got chocolate, but for you, you get something special." I poked her nose.

Bam opened the trunk for me and I dug through my bag. "Ah ha." I took out a small box with a purple bow on it. "Here."

She had the biggest smile on her face. She took the bow off and stuck it right above my bangs. "Wow." Ariana gasped when she opened the box. She threw her arms around me and gave me the biggest hug.

"Like it?" I grinned and put the necklace on for her.

"I love it." She went to run and show everyone, but I gave her a tug on her pony tail to stop her. I handed a bag of chocolates. "Give these to your brothers and Marla's kids." She nodded and ran to show everyone her gift.

Bam grabbed my hand, "Hey if you're ready to go at any time, just let me know. Pull on your ear or something."

"Thanks Bam and the same goes for you as well." I smiled.

I notice as we crossed the street that everyone was there waiting for me. I gulped. I can do this I reassured my self. Bam pulled me closer and wrapped his arm around my waist. "You'll be fine." He whispered in my ear.

I gave my Oma a hug and said hi to everyone else (my Aunt Irene, her husband Mickey and the other kids & my Uncle John, his wife Marla, and thier son) before being protectively pulled back into Bam's arms.

"And who is this?" asked my Uncle John.

Before I could answer Bam confidently spoke up and shook everyone's hand. "I'm Bam Margera, Adel's boyfriend."

The guys were excited since they knew who Bam was. They talked about old times and what they do now. Bam even took them to see the hummer and they talked cars.

Over all it wasn't too bad. My Aunt Irene tried to get under my skin a couple of times. You see she's the center of attention at all times. But since the attention was on me that was a no no.

Luckily Bam came to my rescue and was telling her all that I had achieved in the past couple of months. And how he was surprised that I was able to do so much and I was only 24. That made her back down.

Mostly Marla, my aunt, and Oma talked together, while I hung out with Ariana and the kids. I would tell them about my traveling and competitions. About how Wolf and Chaz were doing. And in return they'd tell me how school was going and what they've been up too. I made plans with Ariana that next time just she would come visit me and we'd have girl time.

I stood on the back porch and caught Bam's eye through the window. I tugged on my ear twice. He excused himself and came up to me.

"Everything alright?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah, I just wanted to show you the neighborhood?" I kind of asked making sure he wanted to too.

"That sounds great, but tomorrow your in my hands." He smirked.

I probably should have been afraid then but I agreed anyway. "Deal."

I took his hand in mine and went outside. "Hey Oma?" she looked up, "We're going to get going."

"Already? Are you able to drive, you can stay here you know."

"I've made arrangements already." Bam saved me once again tonight. We made our way to say goodbye to everyone.

Once I got back into the drivers seat. I sat back into the seat and exhaled, releasing everything that was negative and left it there where it belonged. But I grinned over at Bam when he climbed in. "Don't worry you'll get your control back soon enough." I turned at the end of the road and kept going for a couple of blocks. I pulled over where I saw a spot. "Come on, hopefully the bakery is still open."

"Why?" Bam looked at me funny.

"You'll see." and I dragged him in and pointed to the first glass case. "They have the best Italian ices ever. Pick one."

He chose blue raspberry, while I got my favorite, watermelon. We walked back out and sat on the hood of the hummer. "Bam?" I asked licking my ice.

"That's me." He looked over to me.

"Thank you so much for tonight. I honestly don't know what would have happened if I went by myself."

He slug his arm over my shoulder and pulled me closer. "Don't mention it. You're Uncle Mickey is pretty entertaining when he's drunk. He was telling old stories about ghosts haunting him and his brothers up in the mountains in Kosovo."

I laughed, "Yeah and he's so serious about it too." He hopped off the car and threw the soggy paper cup away.Then I remembered how he introduced himself. "Bam?"

He smiled at me, "Yeah?"

"You didn't have to introduce yourself like that you know. They know that I have guy friends. They've met Chaz and Wolf before."

He came and stood in front of me and placed his hands on my thighs. I just stared at the Italian ice resting in my hands. "I meant it though. I wasn't just saying it."

"Really?" I looked down at him.

He grinned at me, "Really, really. So what do you say?"

I tapped my chin. "Hm....I think I could say yes."

I would remember this moment in time always and forever. He had the biggest smile on his face right now. Bigger than when Ariana opened her gift. He then licked his lips and took a big bite of my ice. "Hey!" I pouted.

"What?" he said innocently "Girlfriends are supposed to share."

I rolled my eyes and finished what was left of my watermelon ice. "So are there really arrangements?"

He grinned up at me. "You'll see."