My Beloved Monster

014

Image

Bam woke up and looked over at the clock on the nightstand. 8:55am.

He looked back down to see me sleeping comfortably in his arms. "Adel." He said softly. I just groaned and snuggled closer. He laughed. "Come on. We gotta meet the guys."

"I don't wanna." I mumbled and hid my face from the light.

"I'm going to tell them that you said that." He threatened

"Go right ahead." I pulled the covers over my head. He crawled under the covers and started kissing my neck, making me laugh and shrug my shoulders. "Okay, okay. I'm up." I leaned on his chest and looked at him. "So where are we going?"

He opened his mouth to answer, but I cut him off. "Wait never mind, you're not going to tell me because it's a surprise."

He grinned at me. "Might as well finish this weekend off like it started."

"What clothes do you have left?" He asked me as I was digging through my duffle bag.

"Um nothing really. I think I'll just stay in this actually." I sighed.

"Well then it's a good thing I told the guys to bring you some then isn't it?" He sat on the edge of the bed smirking at me.

I rolled my eyes and sarcastically responded, "Oh yay, I get the horniest of guys to go through my clothes."

His smirk faded and he rubbed the back of his head. "Huh, I didn't think of that."

"Eh don't worry about it." I zipped up my bag and sat down next to him to put on my sandals.

"Ready?" He grabbed both our bags.

I grabbed my camera and his hand. "Yup."

I looked around for one last time, while Bam checked us out. I wanted to soak in everything so I would never forget this.

As we waited for the hummer to be brought around, a few people asked for Bam's autographs, which he complied. He posed for pictures with them, while I stood the side watching Bam do his thing.

He grinned sheepishly when he came over. "Sorry about that."

"Nah, don't be. It's fun having fans isn't it? Besides where would you be if you didn't have them?" I shrugged

He looked sort of surprised by my reaction. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Of course I'm right." I grinned back.

We got back on the highway, but instead of heading towards Pennsylvania, we went in the opposite direction to Long Island. I knew better than to ask.

So with the windows down blowing my hair in all directions, we just listened to Nirvana in the background and snacked on the Lifesaver Gummies I had brought the other day.

"What's your favorite color?" I asked out of nowhere.

He looked at me funny. "Um depending I guess, but dark colors?"

"Purple, I've always loved deep purples." I looked out the window. "Favorite-"

"Wait why are playing this 20 questions game?" He still had that funny look on his face.

"Well seeing as I can still read, and noticed that we're heading towards Long Island, and considering the time that we left, those cars that are going really slow up ahead are going to be bumper to bumper traffic."

"Shit." He finally noticed the traffic. "Well if you had listened the first time we would have been out faster." Bam defended himself right away, like I would have accused him of this being his fault.

I glared at him and took my I-pod out of my bag and listened to music. It's not that I don't stand up for myself, I do, but I rather not argue when we are both exhausted from everything.

Everything about this weekend has been great, even visiting my family, and I want it to stay that way. So if it means keeping my mouth shut for once, so be it.

The rest of the ride I leaned my head against the door letting the wind carry my hair and had my music turned up. With only the occasional snap of my camera when I saw something interesting.

If Bam had tried to talk to me, I was too much in my own world to notice.

When I smelt the ocean, I perked up. Then I saw the big road sign, Jones Beach. I hadn't been there in ages.

I saw Bam's lips moving as he was talking to someone on his phone. I sat up when we had stopped and saw the guys. You could spot Rake's nest of hair anywhere. I pulled out the headphones and jumped out of the car. "Hey!" I was happy to see everyone again.

Dico ran over and picked me up into a big hug. I threw my head back and laughed as he twirled me around. "Miss me!" He grinned and wiggled his eyebrows when he set me down.

"Of course." I humored him.

Raab came over too spun me around, "Well don't you look noice?"

"Thanks, it's what I wore last night, but yeah. . ." I smiled.

"Hey, so they get a hug and I don't?" Rake said with his arms opened. I sighed exaggerating, but then smiled and gave him a hug.

Novak sashayed over carrying a bag, which I assumed was holding my clothes. "Well I must say you have a very interesting collection."

"Thank you?" I wasn't sure how to answer.

"It's nothing bad sweetheart. But, I did get to help pick out your clothes." He grinned proudly.

"Should I be afraid?" I tilted my head. He handed me the bag for me to see for myself. "Huh, you don't have that bad of taste." I approved. I slipped my bathing suit on under my skirt and shirt before removing the clothes from yesterday. They gave me a weird look. "What?" I asked putting my clothes and sandals in the bag.

"You just changed in front of us?" Novak stated confused.

"I believe I just did, it's not like you've never seen a women. Besides, you didn't see much." I rolled my eyes at them and put the bag in the car.

"Oh, and we put your clothes away since they were still in your suitcases." Rake said and slung an arm over my shoulder.

"Oh thanks, I never really got around to do that I guess." I shrugged. I never really thought about unpacking my stuff even though I was staying for a while.

Bam, Dunn and Ville hung back talking, but we headed towards the beach. I jumped on Novak's back and he held my legs as we all ran across the hot sand.

..::Bam*POV::..

I watched her run happily out of the car and give some of the guys hugs. Ville and Dunn walked over to me as I saw her laughing with them, not me.

"So have a good weekend?" Ville nudged me.

I laughed. "Yeah it was amazing. . ."

"So?" Dunn grinned.

"Nope." I smiled over at them.

"Damn, that means I lost." He grumbled and lit up a cigarette.

Ville laughed. "See? I told you. You and Novak each owe me 50."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, but the weekend was still amazing. Except I might have just screwed up."

Dunn flicked the ashes off his cigarette. "Already man?!"

"What could you have possibly done over night?" Ville asked

"Actually it was just an hour or so ago." I looked to the ground for a bit and then laughed at my stupidity. "She didn't even get mad or make me feel sorry when I stopped to sign autographs or take a picture. And I just snapped at her."

"What for?" Dunn put out his cigarette.

"Because we got stuck in traffic." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Traffic?" He repeated.

"Well I thought she was going to blame me so I beat her to it." I sighed and put my sunglasses on my head to rub my face before placing them back on.

"He's an idiot isn't he Ville?" Dunn laughed. "Ville?"

"Huh?" Ville smiled sheepishly.

"What ya staring at?" Dunn asked since his back was turned to everyone else.

There, Adel was changing in front of everyone. My mouth was open a bit and I couldn't help, but laugh it off.

"Bam you're never going to get far if you treat her like that." Ville laughed at me. "Hell, I don't know what you were thinking."

She put her stuff in the car and jumped on Novak's back, while they all headed towards the beach. That could've been me right now if I wasn't such an ass.

"Bam you're never going to get fucked if you let your temper get the best of ya." Dunn laughed at me too and slapped my shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah." I didn't care about that though. I just wanted to keep having fun with Adel. Laughing with her, holding her, and kissing her. I sound like such a pansy right now. "Let's just go catch up."

We grabbed the cooler and stuff walking to were everyone else was running too.

"You're going to fix this?" Ville had his own cigarette now.

I took it from him and inhaled before giving it back. "Of course I am. I'm not about to let the best thing that's happened to me get away."

"You already feel that way?" Dunn asked surprised.

"Yeah." I laughed, "Like Raab said, we have history together. Diapers and sandboxes."

..::Adel*POV::..

We neared the water, "Okay Novak, you can put me down." He kept running. "Novak!" He ran with me into a huge wave.

When we got washed up on the sand, the rest of the guys came running so I pulled Novak up and pushed him into the next wave for revenge.

I jumped a wave, and saw the paleness of Ville against the crowd to see where they were setting up the umbrella and whatever else they brought.

Dico pushed me this time into an even bigger wave. When I got washed up, I noticed the rippling of a wave go over a pair of feet in front of me.

I looked up and took Bam's hand to stand up.

"Look, I'm sorry about earlier. It's just. . . I thought you were going to flip out on me. So I guess I got defensive." He squeezed my hand.

I looked at our hands, "Don't judge me before you know me like that again though. You are not my ex-boyfriend, just like I am not your ex-girlfriend." I looked in his eyes. "So do not treat this like that."

Bam didn't know how to respond. Was this how a relationship supposed to be? Was this how it was when he was first with Jenn? But, then, like Adel said, she was not Jenn.

Bam didn't say anything, but he didn't have to, he looked like he finally understood. He kissed our hands that were still intertwined tightly, scrunching his nose a little from the salty taste.

Bam looked passed me to see everyone, Ville and Dunn out there now as well, jumping or riding the waves.

"I do believe that Dico pushed my girl into a wave and vengeance needs to be seeked upon him." Bam grinned at me.

"I do believe he does." I got a ride on his back to retaliate against Dico.

Most of the people had left or went over to the concert arena. The life guards had left and the sun would be going down soon.

Dunn, Ville, Bam, and I were all sitting under the umbrella drinking. Raab was sleeping buried under the sand.

Ville and Dunn were smoking, while we all talked about nothing really. Bam snatched Dunn's cigarette and smoked it a few times before giving it back.

I didn't know that Bam smoked? I stood up out of his grasp and wiped the sand off my butt. "I put up with that for three years, and I'm not going to again." I mumbled to myself and headed in the water to Novak, Rake, and Dico.

"What about three years?" Bam asked me, but I was already in the water with the guys.

"Wolf." Raab mumbled from under his hat.

Bam grabbed the hat off his face. "Adel's friend."

"Yeah, they went out for three years." He squinted his eyes from the sudden light.

"So what won't she put with?" Bam asked.

"Smoking. She hates the taste of cigarettes. He smokes all the time. And she hated kissing him." Raab grabbed his hat back and laid back down covering his face again.

He shrugged, "It's not like I do it often."

"Whatever man." He mumbled from under his hat again.

I climbed up on Novak's shoulders, while Dico climbed up on Rake's. "Okay, simple, whoever stays up during the most waves and goes the farthest out wins." Rake announced.

"Win's what?" Novak asked

"Whatever, we'll figure it out after." I said.

"Ready, set, go!" Dico said really fast and they took off.

"Hey! That's not fair!" I protested and held on as Novak took off after.

"Turn sideways!" I yelled at Novak as a wave came.

Rake and Dico got crushed. "Hah cheating didn't help!" Novak laughed at them.

"Novak!" I tried to warn him, but the next set of waves hit us. Dico and I climbed back up and we started out again.

"Flash them!" Novak said to me.

"What!?"

"Just do it! It'll work!" Novak laughed.

"Ugh, fine." I flashed them real quick.

They looked alright, but so did Novak. So instead the plan backfired and Novak and I got hit.

"Fuck." Novak said when he saw the wave over our heads.

He grabbed my hand last second as the wave rolled us under, but the impact forced our hands apart.

"Adel!" Novak called for me when he surfaced. When I opened my eyes, I was still being rolled by the wave. I curled up and shot my legs out to stick them in the sand. Finally the wave released me.

Novak grabbed my hand and helped me up. I hit his arm. "You idiot, you weren't supposed to look too!"

He rubbed his arm and laughed. "I wasn't about to pass up a free peek." He threw me over his shoulder and ran towards the shore.

Dico and Rake laughed at us. "And you guys still lost!" Dico laughed as he lost his balance and fell over.

"What!?" I cried. "We so went further though!"

"Yeah, but the deal was who could stay up the most waves too." Rake pointed at us. "And clearly we won!"

"Whatever." I muttered still over Novak's shoulder.

I squealed when he slapped my butt. "Come on Adel, we need a loser's drink."

He set me down on Bam and handed me a drink, while opening his own. "Hey Bam, your girl's got nice frame." Dico wiggled his eyebrows. Rake laughed and agreed.

"That was supposed to make you lose." I pouted.

"What?" Bam asked clearly confused.

Novak took a sip and laughed. "She flashed them so we could win."

"Yeah, but this dumb ass here," I slapped the back of Novak's head, "looked too."

"You flashed them?" Bam asked still not believing this.

"And we still lost!" I threw up my arms exasperated. We sat there a little while longer and drank as we watched the sun go down behind the horizon.

We packed up everything and washed off at the showers, then packed up the cars.
Ville road upfront in the hummer next to Bam, while I laid down in the back seat as we drove home.