My Beloved Monster

017

Image

I woke up feeling a bit too squished for comfort, especially since I don't normally share a bed.

I opened my eyes to see my torso wrapped up in Bam's embrace. To my left was Ville with his legs on top of my own and Bruno lying on my feet, which were numb due to the lack of circulation.

Stupid biological clock woke me up before my alarm. I was so tired and so badly want to skip practice this morning, but I knew that I shouldn't. Especially since the finals were drawing nearer and I needed to be in top condition for it.

I moved my feet from under Bruno, who just grunted in response before going back to sleep. I slowly shoved Ville's legs off mine, leaving me to get out from Bam's grasp.

I swiftly replaced my body with a fluffy pillow. I threw on t-shirt and a skirt. I took the keys to Bam's Audi as usual and headed over to the ice rink. I was a little earlier than the set time, but I figured if I start early, I could end early.

My blades cut through the ice beautifully.

My breath quickened, as did my pace. I was able to go faster, but my jumps weren't as elegant.

I sighed slightly frustrated and began working on those.

During practice I worked on my short and long program, going faster and trying to perfect jumps and landings.

The sweat was pouring off me from practice and now the beating sun as I walked to the car.

It was stupid now, realizing that I had yet to eat breakfast and I ran out of the house without bringing water.

Pulling into the driveway I saw the unmistakable tour bus belonging to His Infernal Majesty. I didn't think that Bam meant that they would be here this early. It was still before nine in the morning.

I was forced to park the car all the way down by the other cars. I guess the rest of the guys were here as well.

I went to my room and threw a swimsuit under fresh shorts. I quickly made my way straight to the kitchen to replenish my dehydration. I had to lean on the counter to catch myself. Thinking back, I'm probably really lucky that I made it back without falling asleep behind the wheel.

Once satisfied, I noticed that no one was around. Which, is strange seeing as the rest of the band arrived and everyone's cars were parked out there.

Then I heard Rake's screams. I chuckled to myself thinking of all the possibilities that could of cause it. The guys always seemed to pick of Rake when they were all together.

But, it's hard not to. Rake's just such an easy target. He's way to trusting for his own good.

I went back upstairs and saw Bam leaning on the railing of the deck laughing hysterically.

I quietly shut the sliding glass door behind me and went up next to him. "Do I even want to know?"

He kissed my cheek, "Probably not."

Rake who was still screaming jumped into the pool to stop his suffering.

Bam was still laughing, turned around and resumed his post on the railing, but with his back towards everyone. "Where were you this morning?"

"I couldn't sleep so I decide to get a head start." I shrugged.

"And what was so important before six?" He laughed and I just shrugged my shoulders once again.

"I'm surprise that you were up that early." I smiled and poked his stomach.

"Yeah well the band came early." He smiled and grabbed my hand and pulled me closer. He looked in my eyes and whispered, "You know you can talk to me."

"I know." I whispered back. He leaned down as I went on my tippy-toes to meet him into a blissful kiss.

I laughed as we broke apart hearing all their catcalls and cheers. "Don't do it." Bam warned, looking past me.

I went to turn to see what Bam was talking about but it was too late, I had been hit. It was a huge water balloon with what substance; I definitely did not want to know.

Novak, who was the culprit, took running down the steps and halfway down, jumped over the railing when I almost got him.

Like that was going to slow me down, I jumped after and continued to chase him.

Whatever Novak did, I did just as fast keeping up with him. He jumped over a lawn chair still trying to get away.

"Adel I am soooo sorry." He laughed still running.

"Yeah right! Your ass is mine." I yelled maintaining my speed.

He turned around grabbing someone and pushed him in my way. "Hey, if that's the way you like it babe."

I pushed the person, Burton I think, out of the way, which caused him to fall into the pool.

Novak was walking backwards away from me. "Come on Ass forgive and forget."

They just figured out that with the first letter of my first, middle, and last name it spelled out ass. They're such simple-minded idiots sometimes aren't they?

"Hell no!" I jumped and tackled him down, knocking the wind out of him. I held out my hand, "Weapon!"

Dico gave a menacing laugh handing me a big black balloon with the cross bones in white on it.

"Dico! That's so not fucking fair!" He shouted at him.

"Something wrong?" I smirked.

"Anything, but that one." He pleaded.

The shit they mixed in here must really be gross causing my grin to grow. "So, you would rather have that one?" I pointed to the red balloon. He nodded his head vigorously.

"Too bad." I grinned and dropped it over his head. It was all over him and it smelt like hell.

I laughed as well as the others at the expression on his face. He was so grossed out. I didn't take any chances and jumped up and ran.

I hid behind Bam and hugged his waist. "Just don't let him get me."

"Now why would I do that?" He grinned.

"You've got to be joking me?" I backed away.

He laughed and shook his head. "I believe he should have the honors anyway."

I looked behind me to see the guy I pushed into the pool. I backed up and tried to shrink away, but Bam grabbed my wrists. "Um, Im really, really sorry?" He shook his head. "Um," I looked around trying to think of something. "It was Novak's fault?" He shook his head again and laughed with Bam as he stepped closer to us and grabbed my ankles. "Well.." I struggled in their grasps trying to think of a way to distract them, "Don't I get to know the name of the person whom I will extract my revenge upon?"

"It's Burton, and this is my revenge, not yours." Bam and Burton swung me a few times before throwing me into the pool.

I splashed the other guys who were floating around and knocked one over.

I contemplated surfacing right away and let my body sink to the bottom. I closed my eyes and wiped the smirk off my face to make it look more realistic when I felt someone come near me.

I felt my body being jerked up and resisted taking a deep breath when I felt the air cool my face.

"Adel!" I heard Bam's worried voice among the others. Yet, I still remained silent sending them into further panic.

Eh, serves them right ganging up on me. And they are the infamous CKY crew; can't they take an innocent prank?

I heard Ape's cry next. I was a little nervous seeing how she would have no problem whooping my ass for this little stunt. She sounded nervous at first, but then realized what I was doing.

Ape smirked the same one that Bam seemed to have inherited. "Oh my-" she began. "Novak quick give her CPR! I don't think she's breathing!"

"No!! I'm okay! I swear!" I sat up straight smacking my head into Dunn's. We both groaned and nursed our injuries.

"Adelina Schmetterling Senta get up and stop scaring those idiots." She laughed.

The guys started laughing at each other, making fun of how worried their faces looked all for nothing. I let out a nervous laugh as Bam glared at me and stalked off to his dad to start the grill.

I started to go after him, but Ville grabbed my wrists and introduced me to the rest of H.I.M. "Adel, I want you to meet Gas, Mige, Linde, and Burton." He spoke in Finnish.

"Halloo." I smiled shyly and spoke in Finnish, like the rest of them. "Um, I am sorry about pushing you."

Burton laughed, "It's no problem really. Although you did give me quite a scare when Bam and I threw you in."

"Wait, I know where your name is from!" Mige said as the light bulb went off in his head. "You're that German girl."

"Yes, I am German." I smirked.

"No, no." He waved his hand. "That ice skater."

"Oh yeah," Gas spoke up, "The one Seppo talked to us about. You used our songs one year."

"Except without the words." Linde added.

I smiled and giggled a bit as they pieced the information together. "Yes, that would be me."

Burton laughed a bit. "And you're the one that this here lover boy," He squeezed Ville's cheeks together. "Sends all those letters to."

"Yup." I laughed Ville swat his hands away and decided to defend him. "But they weren't love letters."

"Of course not." Mige rolled his eyes.

"They weren't." Ville spoke up defending himself.

"Aww poor Ville getting picked on." Linde cooed.

"So your Bam's new girl huh?" Mige asked taking a gulp of his beer.

"New girl? You make it sound like he has one for every day of the week." I smiled weakly hoping that this wasn't the case.

Ville glared at him before wrapping and arm around my waist. "Nah it's nothing like that Adelina. It took him a month to get the courage to finally ask her out."

"Aww our Bammi was shy." Gas laughed.

"You should see how they are together. Oh and their weekend away." Ville gushed like a proud parent would.

I blushed, "Yeah I'm just going to go now." I rolled my eyes hearing them laugh about my embarrassment as I walked away. I walked up to Ape before I dared to go up to Bam. "Think it's safe to confront the scary monster?" I asked her.

She smiled, "He was just worried."

"Yeah, but everyone else laughed. I don't see why he took it so seriously. I mean you see have the shit Bam pulls. And I just pretend to drown and he takes off on a hissy fit." I huffed. Okay maybe saying it out loud had me realizing that I might have been a bit cruel, but I wouldn't admit it. Besides it wasn't that bad.

"Adelina, did you ever think about the fact that maybe he has never had someone to be so worried over before?" She smiled.

My mouth dropped slightly in surprise. I didn't know what to say. Ape laughed and patted my shoulder, "It'll be safe to talk to your monster. Don't worry." She gave me a little shove in his direction.

"Hey Phil!" I smiled walking up to the two men at the grill.

"Hey sweetie, how are ya?" He asked giving me a hug.

"I'm good." I smiled

"Bam taking care of you?" He glanced at his son.

I looked over at Bam for a moment. "Always."

"That's what I better be hearing." He punched Bam's shoulder. He picked up his beer and walked over to Ape.

"Hey." I said quietly. He just nodded his head and took a drink.

So this was how he was going to be. I turned around and was ready to walk away when Ape gave me a look and mouthed, "Talk to him."

I closed my eyes and took a breath and turned around and faced the stubborn man that for some reason, beyond my comprehension, could not resist. "I don't see why you were worked up so much." I began, he just snorted and laugh. "Don't you find you acting a bit hypocritical?"

"Hypocritical?" He took a defiant step towards me. "I just thought my girlfriend drowned because of me."

"Oh." I looked to the ground. So much for my big speech about the dangerous stunts he has pulled in the past.

"Yeah, oh." Bam repeated as he towered over me.

I looked at him not knowing what to say. A part of me, especially at this moment, felt guilty, but the other half still wanted to yell at him because now he felt how people who love him feel.

"Look," He sighed grabbing my shoulders. "I was just, I don't know, worried I guess."

I smirked up at him, "You guess?"

Bam couldn't help, but crack a grin. He shrugged his shoulders and swayed his head back and forth contemplating his answer. "Maybe I was."

"Good now you know how Ape feels." I grinned.

Bam's jaw dropped, but before he could use his lips in protest, my own conquered them. He raised his index finger and struggled to speak. "That, that was so not fair. You just turned the whole thing on me."

"I did didn't I. And looks like I stole your beer too." I grinned and took a sip. I nodded my head towards the grill. "Would you like some help?"

He nodded his head and rested his hands on my hips. I smirked, "Okay, I'll go get Dunn."

Bam's hold tightened. "Up, up, up. I don't think so. You think you're so slick don't you?" I smiled and nodded. "You are helping me. I don't even see how I got stuck cooking, this was supposed to be Phil's job."

"Eh, you're just so nice that you volunteered to take over." I teased.

"Well someone has to be the better son, right? Because Jess certainly doesn't hold that title." Bam said smugly. Bam wrapped his arms around me and put his head on my shoulder as he turned the food on the grill.

"You always twist things." I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Oh and you're one for talk." He smirked and kissed my neck.

"Phil! Phil, quick look." Ape smacked his chest to get his attention. She pointed up towards were Bam and I were hugging while making everyone's lunch.

"Huh, oh yeah sure." Not really paying attention, before getting smacked again to really look. "They look happy don't they?"

"Yeah, they really do." Ape smiled. "Amara would be so happy to see this."

Phil laughed and joked, "Maybe you'll get the wedding you two always planned together."

She rolled her eyes, but smiled. "Maybe, but that would be nice."