My Beloved Monster

018

Image

I was snuggled under my covers with Bruno at the end of the bed as usual.

Since it was Saturday, I didn't have to get up early to go to kill myself at the ice rink. I couldn't wait until this competition was over.

It's not that I'm not looking forward to competing, as much as the short-term retirement I plan on taking.

I won't have to wake up at ungodly hours of the morning. I could be the night owl I used to be. I could be who I used to be, whoever that person is. . .

Then, I started thinking about the time I've been here and how much fun I was having. It's kind of funny, how we get along so well, yet I'm so much calmer, I guess is the word I'm thinking of, than they are. Well, I mean, I go along with whatever they come up with, but I personally wouldn't have come up with those ideas in the first place.

I just admire it so much how they're just their jackass-ish selves and don't care what other people think.

Me, on the other hand, grew up with caring all about what others think of me. I had to think of how to act for the judges, for the media, and even for my family.

I haven't quite figured out which one was more critical on me.

Don't get me wrong; I can't see myself being anything but a figure skater. Yet, if it weren't for Chaz and Wolf, I'm sure I would have gone insane or worse, lost complete connection of who I was.

Like Chaz reminded me, this vacation was to help figure out who I was, who I am. Right now, all I know is that I am happy being here.

But, then that tiny pessimistic voice inside me questions was I being a burden here? I mean who crashes at someone's house for three months? They did welcome me, especially when they unpacked my belongings for me.

The only thing that worried me was Bam. He seemed so different from their stories and the videos. He was still crazy, especially when Ville came or when all the guys get together, but around me, he seemed like this different person.

I've asked Raab and Dico about it during our drinking binges. They've said he's changed, that he is different around me. But when I asked if that was a good or bad thing, they were just indifferent. They didn't really care, but they said it definitely wasn't a bad different.

So was it good?

Ugh, thinking is such a bad thing to do. All it does is confuses you more, leading you to more thoughts. I felt like I was lost in a labyrinth, good movie by the way. I know, I should focus.

Man, I feel like such a big ball of an insecure mess.

Yet, I could do nothing but smile as the covers were lifted and warm arms slipped around my torso. My troubles seemed to melt away in his warmth.

I leaned back into his chest as he kissed my neck. I rolled over so I was facing him and whispered, "Hey."

"Hey," Bam whispered back. "I'm surprised to see you here."

"Well it is Saturday no?" I kissed his lips gently.

"It is." He mumbled against my lips. He looked down at me and smirked. "So are you going to tell me what you've done in the morning since you've came or should I?"

I swallowed because for some reason I've never really told Bam. "How about we see what you've got first?"

"Alright," he smiled. "First you blew my mind away with those stunts you pulled on the snake driveway. That was just crazy, or so I thought until I saw you in your natural element. So lately, since that day Ape dragged us to the rink you've been practicing. Well except for today I actually found you in bed still. How'd I do?"

"Pretty good." I sighed comfortably and laid my head on his chest.

"So why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

"Well, I thought you'd stop me from hanging out with you guys at night if you knew I was getting up around 4:30." I fidgeted with the hem on the sheet.

"4:30?" Bam's jaw dropped. "If you went out with us, we didn't get back 'til like two sometimes."

I shrugged, "I know."

"How the hell are you up during the day, let alone practicing?"

"Eh, you get used to lack of sleep easily." I smiled, "And there are Saturday's to sleep in on."

"My god, I thought it was hard enough getting up before nine or noon!" He laughed and laid back down.

"I guess I'm just a morning person." I yawned.

Bam looked down at me. "You're not a morning person, you're just insane."

"Mmm." I murmured sleepily. "So, what are we doing today?"

"My parents, Jess and his family are coming over to hang out. And the guys are coming to." He brushed my hair out of my face. "So you want to sleep some more?"

"Not really, I'm up I guess." I stifled another yawn and started to get up until Bam yanked my back down.

"Nooo," he groaned wrapped his arms more securely around me. "Just lay down some more."

"Fine," I let out an exasperated sigh.

"So how about we come up with a plan so we have more sleep and more fun, but you still get to practice?" Bam suggested.

I thought it over. "Why not, but if it doesn't work, I'll go back to having fun with the lack of sleep."

"Okay first of all you're not allowed to get up before eight." He determined.

"Six." I insisted.

"Seven." Bam compromised.

"Six-thirty. And that's my final offer. I really need to be in shape for this. It's like you for your demos." I tried to reason.

He sighed, but gave in. "Alright. But, every other day you've got to show me all that shit you do on blades instead of the rink."

I blushed, "How exactly did you find out about that stuff?"

He laughed and shifted his eyes playfully, "I have my ways. . ."

"Yeah, yeah. You always have ways. What I want to know is what ways?"

"Like I'm gonna tell." He smirked, "So we have a deal?"

"Yeah, we have a deal." I smiled.

He grinned, "And how are we going to seal this deal? We have to make it official you know."

I laughed. "You're so corny some times." I ran my fingers threw his hair a few times before lowering his head into a sweet kiss to seal the deal.

"But you love it." Bam smiled and gave me light kisses over my neck. I couldn't help, but giggle. "You're so ticklish."

"I can't help it, it's a weakness."

I took sharp intake of air when he nipped my neck. He grinned against me, "Hmm seems like good information to know."

"Not to me it doesn't." I laughed. "Ugh, I need to take a shower." Bam smirked and wiggled his eyebrows so I added, "Solo."

"This time anyway." He added as I got up. I smirked before going down the hall into the bathroom.

I changed into some ripped jeans and a t-shirt and pulled on some socks and sneakers.

I twisted my hair into two French braids.

I rolled my eyes when I found Bam and Novak slurping cereal in the kitchen. They mumbled good morning with the milk running down their chins. I laughed softly and grabbed a bowl for myself.

A little while later, I found myself at the half pipe out back with Bam and Novak on their boards and me strapped in my skates.

"What the hell are you still sitting up there?" Bam yelled at me since I was sitting on top of the half pipe. "We didn't force you into those skates for nothing you know!"

I laughed, "Force being the operative word."

"Whatever babe, you know you love us." Novak shouted.

"Sure thing babe. Sure thing." I said sarcastically to him.

So for the next couple of hours I found myself showing Bam what I've got.

I was in the middle of an invert proving to Bam and Novak that skateboarders aren't the only ones that could do them.

So I was in the middle of doing the trick when there was this horn blaring out of nowhere. It broke me out of my much-needed concentration.

I looked like a running man, flailing my arms and legs, trying to twist my body so I wouldn't land on my head. Yeah, that would have been bad. Really bad.

I put my hands out to braise myself for when I met the bottom of the ramp. You know not all instincts are good for you. Especially, since they caused the pain I felt in my left wrist. I rolled over on my back, resting my left wrist on my chest, and just laid there for a bit catching my breath.

I heard the padding of their sneakers as they ran over to me. "You okay babe?" I heard Novak's scratchy voice.

I groaned. "Who the fuck was that?"

"Jess. That would have been awesome though." Bam tried to comfort me.

"At least you didn't end up with a face plant." Novak added.

"Whatever. Ape's gonna kill Jess. That will be satisfying to watch." I opened my eyes to see them standing over me. They laughed agreeing.

Bam went of and punched Jess for making me fall and greeted Kelly, who was holding Ava. Novak bent down and sat next to me. "You okay babe?"

"You already asked me that." I closed my eyes.

"Yeah, but you never answered and Bam didn't see you land on your wrist." He smiled and softly took hold of my wrist. I hissed in pain when he turned it at a certain angle.

"What the fuck was that for?" I shot up.

"Sorry, just seeing your limits. Come on we've got to get it checked out." He put his cigarette in his mouth and lifted me up under my arms.

I stomped my foot. "No."

He looked amused at me with a quirked eyebrow.

"It's most likely only sprained or fractured. I can fix it myself." I cradled my arm.

"Not a wise choice babe." Novak said putting the butt out.

"Yeah probably, but I don't want to ruin this get-together for you guys."

Novak rolled his eyes and threw me over his shoulder when I wasn't looking. "You are too selfless, quit it."

He walked over to Bam, interrupting their wrestling match. "We'll be back."

Bam scrambled off the ground. "Hey wait! Where you taking Adel?"

"Out real quick. We'll be back." Novak said calmly. Bam felt like he should interrogate more, but backed down and let it go. He nodded and went over to Jess.

"Novak if you're plan on taking me to the emergency room I need my purse that has my insurance information in it." I sighed. He set me down in the car and returned with my bag.

"Hello Mr. Novak, long time no see." The nurse at the desk greeted us sarcastically. "No Mr. Margera with you?"

"Nope." Novak grinned. "But, this lovely lady is."

"What's happening to the world now-a-days?" She rolled her eyes. "Judging by the roller blades on her feet, she's another one of you guys huh?"

"Rose, you say that like it's a bad thing." Novak said smoothly.

"That's because it is." Rose sighed and pushed the button to open the sliding door next to the desk. "Bring her through. Should I be scared to ask what happened?"

"Invert interrupted and braced herself with her wrists." Novak answered for me.

"I can speak for myself you know." I rolled my eyes. He just shrugged his shoulders.

Rose took my blood pressure and temperature before popping an icepack for me.

"Judging by your accent, you've never been here before. So. . ." She grabbed the clipboard she had been writing her notes on and handed it to me. "Finish filling this out for me if you would and just wait until you're called."

Novak picked me up since I had the roller blades on still and started to carry me out to the waiting room. "And Novak, for God's sake and hers put her in a wheel chair."

"What? You think I'll drop her?" He smirked and started faking dropping me.

"No, I know you will." She stated bluntly.

Sure enough Novak lost his footing and I crashed on top of him. I rolled off him and started laughing, before tears poured out of my eyes. The crowd in the waiting room forgot their troubles for a bit as they gave us weird looks due to our behavior.

"Novak!" Rose came through and started lecturing him as she bent over and took off my skates. "Now, help her into a wheelchair."

Novak wheeled me over to the children's part of the waiting room, where there was a bigger television and a few things for the kids to play with and climb. Novak turned me around to face him as he took a seat in a kid's chair. He noticed that I was still crying and it wasn't from laughing. "Hey, hey. What's wrong?"

I shrugged and sniffled, "I don't know, I just can't seem to stop."

"It's probably fractured then. Trauma shit for your body, you know? It messes with your emotions." Novak smiled. He channel surfed and helped me fill out the forms.

We went through the annoying process of having a lady type in my information into their system, take photocopies of the paperwork I had, and gave me the nifty hospital bracelet. And we were back in the little kids room waiting once again.

Novak entertained me while we waited, until finally my name was called and we were brought into a room. Lucky us, there was a crying kid on our left and guy on our right complaining about his knee being shot by a paintball gun.

We were waiting another 15 minutes when there still was no sign of a doctor. "Novak, why is he different around me? I mean, does he think I can't handle his shit? That's insulting then!" I shrieked.

"What?" He gave me a strange look at my sudden outburst. "Who the hell are you talking about babe?"

"Ugh, Bam." I laid back down on the gurney.

"Oh-" Novak started to say, but was interrupted by the doctor pulling the curtain back.

"I'm Dr. Bailey, I'll be tending to you day. So. . ." He looked down at my chart. "Adelina, what seems to be the problem today."

"It says it on my chart, read it." I answered bitchily, making Novak snicker.

"I know, but I'd still like to hear it from you." He said smoothly, not losing his patients.

I looked up into big hazel eyes. He wasn't too bad looking. Young guy too, like internship young. His black hair draped over his right eye. I huffed; blowing whatever loose hair fell out of my face, and stuck my left wrist out. "Fell landed on my wrist. Figured it might be better than my head."

"Good thing too. Would be a shame to scratch up that beautiful face." He smiled, flirting shamelessly.

I saw Novak was about to say some defensive remark so I slapped him in the stomach with my good arm and smiled at the doctor. I wanted out of here. "So doc what can you do for me?"

He looked over at my wrist, much like Novak did earlier, until I hissed in pain and ripped my wrist out of the his grasp. He bent down and kissed my wrist. And out of the corner of my eye, I saw Novak's widen. "Sorry, I had to see how far it could rotate. Well it's no doubt the wrist is at least fractured, so the nurse will come down and take you to radiation to get x-rays taken. And then I'll just wrap you up."

I just nodded and smiled a bit. He gathered my chart. "Aright then, I'll see you in a bit."

Novak pulled the curtain shut and burst out laughing. "Oh man Bam's gonna be pissed when he hears this."

I smirked. "I know, he looks funny when he's jealous."

"He does, doesn't he." He laughed and shook his head. "Oh and your earlier question, talk to him."

After taking the x-rays and waiting some more. Dr. Bailey came back and wrapped up my wrist to my elbow in a temporary hard cast.

"Hope to see you again Ms. Senta, just under certain circumstances of course." He grinned.

"See ya doc." Novak answered for me instead.

Novak gave me a piggyback ride to the car. "Practically four fucking hours for a diagnosis I could have done myself. And now I have this retarded cast on."

Novak laughed at my tantrum. "Just think how Ape will react when she sees it."

I laughed with him, "So there is a light at the end of every tunnel."

When we got back home, everyone was in the back yard. Catching a ride on Novak's back once again, he carried me to them.

Bam must of noticed us and he came over right away. "Where the hell have you been?"

"Out getting a doctor husband for this lovely trophy." Novak smirked.

"What?" Bam asked confused. I grinned sheepishly and lifted up my left arm from behind Novak. "What the fuck happened to you?" He lifted up my arm and looked towards Novak.

"Oh, no way man. This is all your brothers fault. But you should've met Dr. Bailey." Novak squealed his name like a little girl.

"Who's Dr. Bailey?" Bam asked imitating Novak's voice.

"He was just my doctor in the ER." I shrugged and slid off Novak's back.

"Yeah the doctor that was flirting so bad it was hilarious." Novak proceeded to act out the check up especially Dr. Bailey kissing my hand.

Novak and I were laughing hysterically, but Bam wasn't. As the seconds passed, you could see the little green-eyed monster coming out of him. "Watch out, he's gonna go hulk on us." I joked whispering into Novak's ear.

I walked over to Ape who was talking with a woman and playing with a baby. "Adelina, what happened to you arm!" She exclaimed catching everyone's attention.

I blushed under their stares, "It's not so bad, just fractured. I have to get a real cast, but that should come off in three weeks."

"So who caused this accident?" She sighed tapping her foot waiting for my reply.

"Um, the one who blared the horn when I was doing an invert."

"Jess," She growled and stomped off in what I assumed was his direction.

"Kelly, the wife of the jackass that did this to you." She stuck out her free hand, introducing herself.

"Adel-" I began.

"Oh, I've been informed all about you." She smiled.

"Good things I hope." I laughed and bit my lip.

"Good and. . .interesting." She laughed.

"Oh god, I can only imagine." We laughed. I looked at the beautiful baby in her arms. "So this is Ava? How old?"

"Yep," she gushed proudly. "She just turned a year in April."

"May I hold her?" I asked, "That is if you don't mind the arm. It's not useless really."

"No, not at all." Kelly handed Ava over to me. "If you don't mind actually, I'm going to help Ape."

"I realize he's your husband, but give him a good smack for me?" I teased.

"Oh definitely." She grinned and went to assist Ape.

Ava's lower lip started to quiver and crocodile tears began to form. She I started to bounce my body back and forth and gently rub her back. "It's okay, mommy will be right back." I said softly.

She stopped fussing and turned to look at me. She rubbed her eyes and laid her forehead on my chest. I sat down comfortably in the chair Ape was previously occupying.

"You look good like that." Dunn said sitting in the chair opposite mine.

"Like what?" I asked confused.

"With a kid in your arms." He smiled.

I laughed making Ava look up at me before she put her head back down. "You know, I've been told that since I was 13 years old? Great thing to tell a teenager, huh?"

" Oh that's wonderful," he laughed. "But still, it looks like a nice picture."

I smiled to myself, "I can't wait to have my own family, you know? That's my main reason for retiring this year, well until the next Olympics maybe. But, that's another four years from now so I don't have to worry yet."

"Wait, you're not even 25 and you're already planning on retiring?" Dunn asked in disbelief.

"Hey, a figure skater's career doesn't last forever you know."

"True," he shrugged and framed me with his hands. "You know? This picture would look better with Bam in it."

"Someone call my name?" Bam popped up.

"Yup definitely better." Dunn laughed and walked off.

"So you guys were talking about me?" He grinned.

"Nothing good. Well, nothing like Dr. Bailey." I grinned back. I laughed when his face dropped. "I'm kidding you know." He grumbled something and had on a sour face. I pecked his lips, "Jeeze, you are too easy to tease. You know that doctor has nothing on you."

"Oh really?" Bam smirked and kissed me only with more pressure this time.

"Hey, hey. Keep it PG in front of the kid." Kelly laughed interrupting us.

Bam laughed, "Oh you mean like this." He grabbed my head and kissed me with the slip of his tongue.

"Just like that," She slapped him. "Oh and I'm stealing Adel from you tonight."

"Says who?" Bam stood up.

"Says me. I've decided that we're going to have a girls night so you get Jess and I get Adel."