My Beloved Monster

002

Image

I soon dosed of to the sound of Aprils voice singing softly to a song on the radio. April looked over at me sleeping and smiled as she pulled into Bam's driveway since it was closer than her house.

April looked back over at me sleeping and knew that I must have been both physically and emotionally exhausted and didn't want to wake me. She saw only Dunn's car parked outside and hoped that he was inside. She turned the car off and walked inside.

"Ryan! You home!!" She called into the house.

"Yeah Ape?" He asked rubbing his eyes from sleep.

"Sorry to wake you; I need some help outside." She smiled sympathetically.

"Uh sure." he said stretching and followed her out to her car.

"Do you mind carrying her in? I don't want to wake her up just yet." Ape asked taking hold of Bruno's leash.

Dunn looked me over and said, "Whoa, who's she?" He asked as carefully he picked me up.

"She is hands off." she joked.

"Just my luck." Dunn laughed it off. "But really who is she?"

"She's a close friend's daughter." Ape smiled at me in his arms and followed him inside. "Just lay her on the couch for now." She took the leash off of Bruno and laid the luggage on the floor.

Dunn laid me on the couch gently in front of the fireplace and went back upstairs to get a few more hours of sleep.

The clock rang a few times on the hour letting Ape know it was midnight. She disappeared for a moment and came back with a blanket and wrapped it around my shoulders.

I woke up to see her finish tucking me in. "Hey" I said in a groggy voice." How long was I asleep?"

"Not long, did I wake you?" she sat down next to you.

"It's alright." I looked around me sitting up. "Where are we?"

"We're at Bam's house. You remember him?" April combed her fingers through my hair.

"How could I not." I chuckled tired. "You and my mom would never let me forget your son."

"I swear, no matter who he's been with, I still think that you two would look perfect together." she said with a dreamy smile.

"Please Ape don't start this now, I haven't seen Bam in years. We were kids when my mum took that photo."

When I was younger my mom took a picture of Bam kissing me at the park. We were five and it was before cooties began. But ever since then, Ape and my mum were convinced that we were meant to be and have been planning out our wedding. Even though my mom had died, Ape still carries on their belief.

"Oh, which reminds me; I have a gift for you." I walked over to where my bags were in the corner of the room and pulled out the present. I sat on the couch and pulled the blanket over the two of us. Bruno jumped on the couch and laid down next to me. I scratched behind his ears and handed her a wrapped fat square shaped gift.

"Oh sweetie you didn't have to."

You laughed at her modesty, "Just open it!"

She stuck the bow on my head and tore off the wrapping revealing a beautiful scrapbook. It was covered in purple and green paid fabric with April Margera stitched in gold calligraphy around a photo on the cover of my mom and Ape when they were younger pressed onto the cover.

"This is beautiful!" she gasped, "You made this?"

I nodded and smiled proudly. "Do you like it?"

"Oh honey, I love it!" She gave you a big hug and kiss on my temple.

I smiled real big, glad she liked it so much. "Come on, look through it!" I said excited.

On the first page was another picture of them with quotes about friendship about friendship in different writings and colors around the photo:

The first section were pictures, clippings, and other sentimental things of when Ape and my mom were younger. My mom kept everything in a special memory box. I figured to use them and give them to Ape where I knew it would be appreciated. We laughed at all the stories she told of the adventures and meanings of each the pictures.

The next section was of when she and my mom had kids. And, of course on the first page was the famous photo that has taunted me ever since it was taken.

"You two are so adorable."

I just rolled my eyes at her. "April you are crazy."

"You'll see mothers are always right." She was still fixed that Bam and I would be together.

She came across another picture. It was of Bam and someone else. "I wasn't sure who this was so I didn't write anything underneath the photo."

"Oh wow," she giggled, "This is Bam," she pointed to the boy on the left. "And this is either Chris or Ryan, the one who carried you inside." She laughed a little more. "Probably Chris."

"Wait, someone carried me in?" I looked at her confused.

"You don't honestly think I would have done it myself did you?" she poked your side

"Hey!" I squeal a bit and then shoved her a little. Bruno grunted annoyed that we woke him. I rolled my eyes and covered his snout for a second to annoy him more.

"This is probably when Bam was set on skateboarding." Her eyes danced in amusement as she looked at the photo.

She turned to the last page. "He still has that same grin when he is determined to get something he wants." She laughed and was absolutely lit up.

I had forgotten what I had put, but when I saw I had to roll my eyes. "Don't even say it." I warned.

But it didn't do much good...

"You two are meant to be." She smiled.