My Beloved Monster

024

Image

For the last couple of weeks Bam and Novak have been away at demos, which I couldn't attend, and truthfully didn't fell like tagging along with.

Ugh, but how do you keep yourself entertained in a humungous house with no one in it, but Bruno and me. And there is only so much entertaining a dog can give without going insane.

So, what do you do?

You invite Dico over to make a Jell-O slip n' slide! So, we're currently in the kitchen making our twelfth, gallon at least, of jell-o.

"Adel, you're my hero." Dico bowed down groveling at my feet and licked my foot until I kicked him. He whimpered like a dog and gave me puppy eyes. "I thought you loved me?"

"Not a chance." I laughed teasing him and bumped his side. I finished stirring our last huge pot and added it to the refrigerator. "So in a few hours we'll be covered head to toe in cherry Jell-o."

"Looking forward to it babe." Dico slapped my ass. And sat on a stool dealing out a deck of cards to play spit. I glared at him, but sat across and lined up my cards. "If you didn't fairy skate, what would you do?" Dico asked slapping a pile.

I rolled my eyes at his oh so clever 'fairy' comment and took the larger pile. "Well, I took agriculture courses to open a florist shop one day, but I think I would ultimately want to run a small coffee shop with a section for flowers maybe."

"Out of all the things you could be, you'd want to have a coffee shop?" Dico looked at me. "Weird, but I like it. You're choice in the end anyway."

"Not really," I smiled sadly to myself. "It seems I hardly had choices anymore. It was all about the ice. It's a good thing I love it, but these past couple of months were an eye opener. It's sad really, but I never knew what else could make me happy."

"So doing pranks and Jell-o slip n' slides make you happy huh?" Dico smirked.

"Yup." I smiled and smacked the smaller pile.

"And then there's Bam." Dico hinted setting up his row again.

"Yeah, and then there's Bam." I smiled wider automatically at the mention of his name.

"So how much longer are you here?" Dico asked curiously, not knowing any other way to bring up the subject.

My smile instantly disappeared and was replaced with nervousness. I knew I could trust Dico so I answered him truthfully. "Wolf mentioned something about it when he was here so that means he knows more than I do. And, that means I'll be the last to know. But, I told Loring that I'd be away for the summer season here and technically that's at the end of September. It is only the beginning of August so I have a while. Besides it's just one competition so I would always come back right after it."

"That is true." Dico said feeling better about the situation and winning another round. "You suck at spit."

"Adelina?" I heard someone shout from upstairs.

"Down here." I shouted back.

"Too lazy to go all the way up there?" Dico teased.

"You go." I smirked.

"That's alright, it was just a question anyway." Dico smiled and dealt out the cards to distract me.

"Whatever." I laughed and flipped my hand in his face. In return, he pouted his lips and snapped his fingers in my face. I turned around to see who finally came downstairs. "Hallo Phil."

"Have nothing better to do than to play cards?" Phil chuckled.

"No, we do. It's just not ready yet." I gathered my cards.

"What are you two up to?" Phil asked cautiously.

"It's a surprise." Dico grinned. "So what do you need Philly Phil."

"I give up." Phil sighed and then put on a smile. "Well, I'm here to save Adelina from her insanity because you, my dear, are coming with me to my parents."

"Are you sure this is to save me? From what I've heard I should stay far away from your mother. Especially since I'm Bam's girlfriend." I looked at him skeptically.

"Oh don't pay attention to that, it's nothing," he waved everyone's warnings off.

"If you want to make it alive," Dico leaned over and whispered to me. "Run!!"

I sighed knowing that I'm such a softy that I gave in. "You're lucky I love you so much or I would listen to Dico and let you go by yourself." I rolled my eyes. What am I getting myself into?

"Run, Adel as fast as you can! Use the back door, the window, anything!!" Dico yelled after me drastically when I went to change out of my pj's. I pulled on a red and white stripped tank and a pair of long length shorts with red converse.

We drove up to a simple house with a small porch in front. "Oh, and Adel good luck." Phil said knocking on the door.

"Thanks Phil, really thanks." I said sarcastically. If he has no hope in me, maybe I really should have run. Phil's father opened the door and hugged Phil. He was about to ask who I was, I assume, but another voice interrupted him.

"Who's at the door?" It yelled from inside.

"Phil and-What's your name dear?" he looked to me.

"Adelina. Just Adel's good." I smiled politely trying to ignore my fears.

"Dad, you know Adel. She's Amara's daughter." Phil said and pulled me inside. Secretly, I think it was to make sure I really didn't run.

"Really?" He looked me over and laughed. "I would have never guessed. You were only up to here when I last saw you." He gestured his hand to no taller than his knee.

I smiled feeling a little better. "It has been a long time Mr. Margera."

Phil and his dad laughed at the formal recognition. "Pop is fine sweetie."

I bit my lip as Phil lead me over to his mother. "Mom. You remember Adel, she's Bam's girlfriend now." I glared at Phil and tried to hide behind him.

When I saw the look in her face I saw that this was not going to be easy, especially since he mentioned the girlfriend part. Not, that I'm ashamed to be Bam's girlfriend. You kind of lose all dignity when you meet him, not that you really need it to begin with.

"Bam's girlfriend, huh?" She looked me over. "Well let's see what you can do, come help make dinner." My mouth hung open catching flies. I was going to be left alone with the woman that everyone warns me about?

"Come get me if you feel uncomfortable. Seriously." Phil whispered to me.

'Too late,' is what I felt like saying, but no, instead I nodded my head dumbfounded and followed the wicked witch of Westchester into her kitchen, her territory. My legs felt like lead as I dragged them to my execution.

She looked me over and jumped right into my life. "You so thin, what do you do for a living?"

And, she was serious about the cooking part too. She handed me a knife and an onion and garlic to chop up. "Well I figure skate for Germany." I stated confidently, well as much as I could with my eyes tearing from the onions. "And for you thin comment, many people who hate me say I'm too tall and too fat to skate."

"Well they're wrong, you're not." She said hotly. "So why are you with Bam are you some hussy out for his money?"

I almost laughed at her hussy slang, but I knew better. "No, Mrs. Margera," She wouldn't let me call her anything but. I took a deep breath calmly answered her. "I am not a hussy. As for his money, I have always earned my own money for what I need. Even for figure skating. My mom and I agreed from when I was old enough to work, that I had to do my share in paying for lessons if I wanted to continue. I am where I am today because I am dedicated and I work hard. No, I am not out for Bam's money."

Even though this old woman was cut throat and easily irritated, she still looked out for Bam in her own way. I had to admire the old hag for that, but I refuse to bend for her. "You can stop with the 'Mrs. Margera' crap and just call me Mum mum." She said after a moment.

There was my breakthrough. We finally found enough respect for each other enough to talk civilly. As asked, I cut the onion and garlic and did other little things that she asked me to do. "How's it going in here?" Phil peeked in. "Good to see you're still alive Adel."

"Yeah, no thanks to you." I mumbled.

Mum mum glared at Phil and he took this opportunity to leave. "Right, well, I'll leave you ladies to dinner."

We continued to talk about my life in Germany and figure skating, which seemed like a safe topic. "So you're staying at Bam's house?" She asked next.

"Yup, until I have to leave for the finals." I was now on duty for stirring her soup.

Cooking while it's still in the 90's outside should be illegal. I like the heat, but not trapped in a small claustrophobic kitchen with a woman who seems to be sucking what little air in the room out.

"I don't know how you like those morons-" I tuned her out while she continued to rant.

When she finally stopped to take a breath, I felt it my duty to defend the guys. "They may be assholes sometimes and cause a load of trouble, but at least they know how to have fun. Ironically, they will outlive us all because of their nature."

She opened her mouth to retort something equally distasteful as the look on her face, but instead she huffed and kept her mouth closed.

I won?

I actually won. I never saw that coming, especially with the grudges this woman holds. And believe me I had to sit here and listen to each and every one of them.

"Adel, go tell them to wash up for dinner." Mum mum asked me turning off the burner.

During dinner there was at least a less tense atmosphere. But, Phil volunteered me to do the dishes. Good o' Phil. Good o' Phil might not survive the ride home if he kept opening his mouth.

In the middle of washing a dish, my back pocket vibrated. What could someone possibly want now?

"Dico's alone at my house!" Came Bam's panicked shriek.

"No, he has Bruno with him." I replied calmly smiling putting the dish on the dry rack.

"Seriously Adel you have no idea what he could do." He was still stressing.

"Oh, and he has gallons of jell-o. That might be a problem huh?" I played dumb.

"What!? If he does som-" Bam stopped. "Wait, where are you?"

I laughed that he totally disregarded the Jell-o. "Oh, you'll never guess."

"Really, where are you?" He asked again.

"So how's the demo?" I asked instead.

"Not bad. I'm amazing as always- wait, that's so uncalled for you didn't answer me." Bam replied sounding somewhat distorted.

"Well, I knew you could never pass up an opportunity to talk about yourself." I laughed when I heard him huff. "You do that just like your Mum mum."

"How would you know- why the hell are you at their house?" He laughed.

"Phil thought he'd save me from my insanity, or that's his excuse anyway. My guess is that Ape refused to go with him so he found a sucker that would. This sucker being me."

Bam laughed at me, "You need to grow a back bone. So what's it like?"

"Like you wouldn't know." I rolled my eyes. "But, I can say that she likes me better, well after she found out that I was, oh and I quote this, 'some hussy out for his money'." I heard Bam dieing from laughter and I couldn't help but laugh with him.

"She called you a hussy?" He still laughed and then bit his lip asking. "So you miss me?"

"Sure." I shrugged and finished the dishes.

"Sure? Well that makes me want to rush home." Bam chuckled. "So what does sure include."

"Well," I sat out on the back steps trying to cool off. "This includes I miss talking to you."

"And?" He mused.

"And doing dumb stuff with you, making out with you, taking showers with you, oh and can't forget the sex."

"Doesn't sound like you're missing me, just my body." Bam teased me.

"Well, technically, I could find someone else to satisfy those needs." I teased back knowing I'd hit a nerve. See I'm a needler; I like to see how many buttons it takes to set someone off, "Like oh Dico, but I don't know where he's been and the same for Raab I guess. But, there is always that doctor. He wasn't too bad looking."

And I know just which ones to push with Bam. It's just so fun sometimes, like now for instance. And usually he knows when I am so he doesn't mind that much.

"Hardy har. Don't even think about it." Bam replied sarcastically. "So anything else happen over there?"

"I'm still here. But, I had to help with dinner and dishes thanks to your dad." He laughed at this. "And then she went on a rant about you and the guys so obviously I defended you-"

"You didn't?" Bam asked surprised.

"Yeah, why?" I shrugged to myself. It's not like it's a big deal, right?

"And your alive to tell the story?" Bam asked, well ridiculed really. "What did she say when you talked back?"

"She didn't." I was still weary as to why Bam was seriously surprised. "She looked like she might say something, but she just kept her mouth shut."

"Wow," was all Bam responded with at first and then chuckled lightly. "I'm impressed, my girl defeated Mum mum."

"Adel? You ready to leave- oh is that Bam?" Phil asked behind the screen.

"Yeah, you want to talk to him?" I held out the phone.

"No, that's alright, when you're done we'll leave okay?" Phil smiled and went back to his parents.

"You have to go?" Bam asked anxious, hearing Phil's voice in the background.

"In a minute is fine." I smiled glad he want to stay on the phone a little longer.

"Good. Because even if you just miss my body, I still miss your voice." Bam said shyly, which was always appealing to me, those small moments Bam really shows though. "You're not mad that I haven't been calling often are ya?"

It's true he hardly called. This was probably the first phone call in almost a week since his last. I smiled, "Bam, I understand what you're going through. I deal with the same shit in figure skating. Sure, I'd love to talk more, but I'm not going to go verrckt, insane, over it."

Bam didn't know what to say without saying what he want to say but didn't want to say. Confusing, he knows, it's how he felt. He sighed, "That's true."

"Hey Bam, I'm going to go since I still see an opportunity to leave." I laughed.

"Alright, I'll talk to you soon." He sighed and then whispered, "I miss you. Tell Phil that I'll call them later."

"Miss you too." I said back. I sighed when he hung up the phone and looked at the stars. "Ich liebe dich Bam, be safe."

"So how is he?" Pop asked when I came into the living room.

"He's good." I smiled. "Sounded tired, but having fun. He'll call you in a little while Phil."

Phil nodded, "You ready to leave then?"

"Sure." I smiled relieved. My experience wasn't as bad as I thought it could be, but it defiantly was an experience. "Thank you for dinner."

"No problem sweetie. You look out for that grandson of mine you hear." Pop hugged me.

"Always." I smiled. I turned to Mum mum and hugged her as well and thanked her. As hard as it was for me to do, I knew it was still the right thing. Damn conscious.

I held the door for Phil when I heard Mum mum talk to him. "You can bring her back any time."

So maybe this trip wasn't in vain. You never know. I always like to believe things happen for a reason. Like one says, it's fate.

The next morning I took a quick shower and changed into a bikini under a [url=Image]t-shirt[/url] and skirt, ready to go out.

Dico stayed over the night so I found the megaphone they tried to hide from me and took Bruno all the way up to the attic where he stayed. There, Dico was drooling peacefully. "Aw Bruno, he looks just like you." I patted Bruno's back to give him the okay. Bruno jumped on top of Dico and started scratching his back, while I just jumped around on the mattress shouting, "Guten Morgan Dico. Time to wake up!"

That was working well until he sideswiped me with his leg and I landed on the floor. "Adel you're going to die if you don't leave." He mumbled into his pillow.

"Oh, well I'll just have to find a toy store on my own. No one to wreak havoc in it with." I sighed still lying on the floor. "Oh, what shall I do?"

"Why do we need to go to a toy store?" He peeked over the side of the bed.

"Well, what are we going to slid on? Garbage bags?" I asked the obvious. He seemed to debate using the garbage bags. "No, we're not Dico. We're going to get a slip n' slide thing."

Now, I was sure what I was really getting into, but for me Dico said he would restrain himself and be on good behavior. He couldn't promise his best though.

Just getting to the store was an adventure in itself because Dico had no clue where he was going. Although, once we finally made it to Toys R Us, he admitted it was to just get me to yell, since I rarely do.

And when I did yell at him, he just laughed harder because I was mixing up my languages.

I pushed Dico in the cart like a kid when we went up and down the isles looking for this thing. I guess I didn't learn my lesson before and constantly was going in circles listening to his directions.

When we got back, finally, we set up the slip n' slide in the back yard where there was a good amount of grass to cushion us when things get out of hand, like I suspected it would.

We rolled it out and lugged all the Jell-o over.

"You know we'll probably look like we've been murdered once we go through." Dico laughed.

"How do you know somebody won't be." I said with a serious face. I laughed breaking my mask when I saw Dico's face.

"See now I don't know if I shouldn't believe that." Dico squinted at me. "You've waved a butcher's knife at me before."

"Don't be so dramatic Dico." I rolled my eyes and stripped down to my suit. "You go first."

"Why me?" Dico looked at our handy work.

"Because you love, um Bruno." I pouted and squat down next to the dog.

"Well for Bruno then." Dico rolled his eyes, but then grinned. He grabbed my face and licked my entire cheek.

"Yuck." I wiped at it. Dico ran over and threw himself down the slid. "Coward!"

He grinned and flipped me off with the jell-o dripping down him. I took the next dive down. Have to admit it's squishy being cover in Jell-o.

"Hey Adel?" Dico came up from behind me.

"Ye-" I wrapped my arms around my chest. "Dico you asshole, give me my top!"

"See, the thing is I don't have it." He laughed and ran down the slid shouting over his should, "My love Bruno does."

I groaned seeing Bruno running towards the driveway. I wrapped a stained towel around me and ran after him. "Bruno, get back here!"

I heard Dico laughing hysterically at me. And you know what for a house surrounded by woods, why is there a car pulling into the driveway?

"Bruno, you and Dico are so dead when I get you." I mumbled as I continued the chase. Stepping out of the car was Novak with a worried expression on his face. "What's wrong?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" He looked me over as Bam scooped me up.

I shrieked not expecting this. Bam laughed, " Novak it's not blood."

"You dork, blood is darker." I rolled my eyes at them.

Bam licked my cheek and laughed. "It's Jell-o. You doing Jell-o shots without me?"

"No, but you just made out with Dico." I laughed with Novak. "He licked that cheek earlier."

"Hey Adel?" Dico shouted from down the driveway. "Where's your top?"

"You guys let Bruno get away. I liked this suit too, now my tops buried somewhere in your yard." I groaned and leaned my head on Bam's shoulder. "Hey wait, you guys are back?"

Bam laughed and shook his head at me. "Maybe the dye's gotten to her head."

"So why are you covered in Jell-o?" Novak asked.

"Well what else are you going to use for a slip n' slid?" I asked them. Bam carried me down to the backyard where Dico and Bruno kept diving down. It was hard to get Bruno down at first, but for a dog he's pretty good at it.

"Dude Adel's a fucking genius." Dico whipped Jell-o off his face.

"You thought of this?" He asked me. I smiled and nodded. "That's kick ass."

Novak already took his shirt and sneaks off and was shoving Dico down with him.

I had already went in and grabbed another top. I was in the middle of getting a head start when Bam grabbed me around my waist and ran down with me.

I laughed as we went head first into the pile of Jell-o at the end. He leaned in and kissed me. "I missed you."

"Good." I smirked.

"You're supposed to say what you said on the phone last night." He pulled on my lip.

I laughed realizing what he was talking about. "I missed you too."

Bam rolled over on top of me groaning in pain. Novak and Dico had rammed into him. "You guys were holding us up."

"I think I got Jell-o up my ass." Bam laughed looking down at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and laughed too, just laying there in the Jell-o having one of the happiest times in my life.