My Beloved Monster

025

Image

"Yeah, no problem. Okay see you then." I grinned when I hung up the phone. Adel was laying comfortably with her head in my lap as I combed my fingers through her hair.

"Sooooo, who are you going to see?" She asked with her eyes closed and a smile on her face.

"You're nosey." I chuckled. "We are going to meet up with some people in LA."

"LA?" She asked confused.

"You know Las Angeles." I tugged on her hair. "California, trendy Hollywood."

"Oh." Adel responded feeling stupid, but just shrugged. "Never been."

"Well, gee, never would've guess." I mocked her so she hit me in the chest. "Well since you're of the feline species, go pack something. They got us a flight for in an hour."

Adel groaned standing up regretting moving from her comfy spot and stretched. "It's female you dork, not feline."

"You know what, Miss 'I know Everything', just go pack." I waved Adel off.

"You can't just wave me off." She mimicked my gesture. "I mean who said I wanted to go in the first place. Plus, what about Bruno and your cats?"

"Novak can take care of them like he always does." I grabbed her waist and pulled her back on my lap. "And of course you want to go. I mean who wouldn't want to spend time with this sexy hunk."

She scrunched up my nose in that cute way she always does. "Hunk?"

"You get the idea." I rolled my eyes.

She kissed me, but shook her head and laughed as she walked downstairs. "Hunk."

"Can't say that you disagree!" I shouted from the couch.

Novak drove us to the airport. He rolled down the window and leaned out. "Hope to see you come back home in one piece Ass."

"Why, should I be concerned?" Adel looked at us waiting for a punch line.

"Novak leave her alone." I shook my head and took Adel's soft hand in mine. "Don't listen to him."

Adel watched Novak pull away, but I gave her a tug on her hand to have her follow me.

I looked at the tickets that we picked up at the desk. "Fuck."

She looked over at me waiting for an answer. "What?"

I groaned and shook my head. "Those bastards didn't get first class tickets like they said they were."

"So?" Adel shrugged not seeing the problem.

"So I wanted to sit in first class." I groaned.

She grabbed the tickets and looked them over. We were seated next to each other in a side row with one window seat. "Bam it's only a four hour flight. I didn't fly first class when I came here and that was an 18-hour flight. It's not going to kill you."

"Fine." I pouted and puckered my lips.

She gave me a cheeky grin and shook her head no.

Oh no she did not; I moved in like I was going to kiss Adel anyway, but went and attacked her neck making her squeal with laughter. I couldn't resist knowing how ticklish she is and that's a major weak spot for her.

Before I gave Adel time to react, I grabbed her hand grinning and pulled her to the gate where we boarded the plane right away.

"You want the window seat?" I asked Adel once finding our row seeing how I could care less.

She smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I love watching the take off."

I smiled at Adel. She could be carefree if she wanted to. I remember how hard it was to get her to loosen up. She would think way too much on how others thought of her.

I took the next seat over after putting Adel's carry on in the overhead. A baby boy about Ava's age was strapped in the seat next to me. I sighed and hoped the flight wouldn't be too bad. Getting comfortable, I shut my eyes ready to sleep the next four hours.

About an hour after take off the baby started to really get fussy. Don't get me wrong I don't mind kids, I love Ava, but this was just getting frustrating. I was trying really hard to ignore the wailing cries.

I saw Adel trying not to laugh. She giggled and asked, "You want to switch seats?"

"Yeah, could we?" I sighed relieved and got comfortable in Adel's seat. "I use a beer too."

The mother leaned over and apologized. "It's no problem." Adel smiled to reassure her, while I rolled my eyes. She flicked on the light and ordered our drinks from the stewardess.

I watched lazily as Adel dug through her purse pulling out a baggy of vanilla waffle cookies. "May I?" She asked the mother who was trying to calm her son.

"Sure, he'll eat anything." She laughed trying to cover her embarrassment. Adel handed the baby a cookie. He looked at it before stuffing it in his mouth.

"They always calmed my friend's kid on planes." Adel explained my reasoning for the cookies. The thanked her grateful that he finally stopped crying.

I listened and asked, "Since when did you have those?" She waved out a cookie in front of my face. I glared at her playfully and grabbed the cookie stuffing it in my mouth.

She laughed kissing my lips licking the crumbs off. I smiled and grabbed her chin, giving a tender kiss.

The drinks came and Adel passed my beer over, while she drank something else.

"White wine?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. "Didn't really figure you for it."

"I know, but I have a weakness for it." She smiled and finished it off.

I lifted the armrest and pulled her closer. Adel smiled up at me and snuggled against me letting out a comfortable sigh. I smiled to myself and looked out the window as she drifted off.

"You're girlfriend's a sweetheart." The mother smiled at me.

Although the flight was a little unpleasant due to her kid, I couldn't disagree. "Yeah she is." I held her more securely.

We landed on time in a busy airport. Much to my enjoyment, it was annoying the hell out of Adel that I wouldn't tell her who we were meeting.

I gripped her free hand so we wouldn't separate as I lead us through the crowd.

We finally made it outside. "They should be picking us up any minute." I told her and sat down on a bench pulling Adel down with me.

We were just relaxing and watching people walk by until we got pelted with balloons filled with egg. I started laughing seeing who the culprits were.

"Ryan Timothy Dunn!" Adel shouted. "You are going to pay."

"Your middle name's Timothy?" Knoxsville and I laughed.

"No." Dunn said looking confused and looked at Adel.

"What? I don't know your middle name, it got your attention didn't it?" She shrugged with an innocent face.

He shook his head and gave her a hug. "What are we going to do with you Ass?"

"Absolutely nothing." She grinned at him.

I took Adel's hand and pulled her over. "Adel, I would like you to me Jackass' Johnny Knoxville."

"Guten tag." Adel smiled and whipped the eggs on his shirt. "You can have this back."

"Well thank you sweetheart." Knoxville looked at his shirt. "So Bam, snagged a German huh?"

"Ha, she ran away to me." I grinned.

Adel rolled her eyes. "To April actually."

"Details, details." I smirked and squeezed her hand. "The point is your mine."

"Aw, look at you love birds." Johnny grinned. "It's making me sick."

"Man if you think this is bad. You don't want to see what they can really be like." Dunn laughed nudging Knoxville.

"Hey we're not that bad." Adel glared up at Dunn.

"Sweetheart, hate to break this to you, but you're not intimidating." Johnny laughed.

I laughed with the guys. "Yeah, but she knows how to use what you value against ya."

"Whatever. You two can debate that all day, but really why are we in LA?" She gave up seeing how we were all just ganging up on her.

"I have to sign some stuff." I shrugged.

"We flew across the country so you could sign some papers?" Adel asked.

"Yup." I grinned.

"Nothing else?" She asked.

"Ass, my dear, you are so simple minded sometimes." Dunn laughed at her.

"And what are you up for sweetheart." Johnny asked her. I knew he was up to something. Only those sunglasses were hiding his evil glint.

"I don't know." She flew her free arm out to her side. "Something different."

"Wrong choice of words." I laughed warning her.

Johnny stroked his chin. "Well when we come back to pick you up, I'll have something for you to do."

"You're not leaving me at the airport are you?" She asked worried. "I mean should have I really listened to Novak?"

In between laughs, Johnny asked, "And what did dear o' Novak have to say for himself."

"That he hope she'd come back in one piece." I chuckled.

"Don't worry I won't break you into tiny pieces." Johnny gave Adel the Boy Scout salute.

"But you didn't say if you would leave me here or not." Adel pointed out.

Johnny whistled. "We've got a smart one here gentlemen."

"Damn straight." I laughed.

"Well some of the time." Dunn grinned. "We're going to drop you off at my apartment and you can shop or what not while we're gone."

She rolled her eyes, "That's fine."

Really we just went to a restaurant a couple of blocks away from Dunn's place. I just had to sign some shit for the upcoming Jackass film. And we wanted to hang out a bit, just guys. Gay, probably.

We sat out under an umbrella table and ordered some beer and Buffalo wings. "Want one?" Dunn offered me a cigarette.

"Nah." I shook my head.

"Oh that's right." Dunn laughed.

"What?" Johnny asked wanting in.

"Bam gave up on the little smoking he does because it caused a big fight." Dunn snickered.

"Losing your stamina Bam?" Johnny asked me.

"No." I retorted, but Dunn intervened yet again.

"You should've seen how she did it." Dunn laughed. "She grabbed the cigarette, blew smoke in his face, and was like, 'Try kissing that' in German. We actually had to go look up online what she said. It was hysterical actually seeing her get mad for once."

Johnny just laughed with Dunn. I rolled my eyes, "Go ahead laugh it up. You'd do the same thing for your wife."

He stopped laughing knowing it was true. "Yeah, yeah. So how serious are you two?" Johnny asked curious.

"Hell if I know." I shrugged.

"How could you not know?" Dunn put out his butt.

"It's kind of hard to know anything knowing that the summer is coming to an end." I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. "That means Adel goes back to Germany."

"Why is she just up and leaving?" Knoxville asked seeing how his friend was head over heels.

"She isn't." I mumbled.

Knoxville looked to Dunn for an answer. "She figure skates for Germany and has a competition she qualified for. The plan all along was her to just stay here for the summer."

"So, you too are just leading each other on." He raised his eyebrows unknowingly planting the seed of doubt.

"No." I said right away. But, in reality, weren't we?

"Dude, you've just got to see them in action." Dunn came to my rescue. I nodded my head to him in thanks. That was his specialty, thus Random Hero. "Hey we'll meet you two in a little while."

"Why?" I looked at them suspiciously.

"Well, like Adel said she wants to do something different." Knoxville ginned.

"Great." I grinned sarcastically. "Well, see you ladies later."

"Don't forget to change the sheets when you're done!" Dunn shouted after me.

"Only if I remember to!" I laughed and walked down the sidewalk.

. . . .::*::. . . .

As soon as I unlocked the door to Ryan's apartment with the key he gave me, I tossed my bag next to the couch and just crashed on it. Time differences are a killer.

It must have been a couple of hours later when I vaguely heard the door open and felt someone sit on the couch. I opened my eyes to see Bam.

"Hi." I whispered smiling and rolled onto my back.

He crawled over me and sat on my hips. He leaned down and held my head pulling me into a fervent kiss.

He slid his hands under my shirt and chewed my bottom lip, while I worked his belt and button. He grinned against my lips and quickly took my shirt off. We took each other's clothes off clumsily, needing the feeling of skin. I threw my head back and moaned as he sucked on a nipple flicking his tongue. His hands slowly ran over my back and down my sides.

He picked up my hips a little and thrusted into me. Goose bumps covered my body with each one. I ran my fingers through his hair pulling at it when he hit a certain spot. I held onto him while my body convulsed as an orgasm rolled through me. All the while, he just stared into my eyes, even if I could, not once did I look away. He was the first to close his eyes as he climaxed.

"Hey." He whispered back. I laughed and kissed him tenderly. I laughed lightly when I felt him go hard again. "Don't titter." He smirked.

"Titter?" I asked biting my lip smiling.

"You know giggle." He kissed me and began to move in and out again.

"I know." I stuttered. "It's just funny hearing you use it."

"MmHmm." He moaned kissing my neck not caring any more. He chewed on my earlobe, "Shower?"

"Yeah." I said hoarsely.

I whimpered when he pulled out only to be picked up as he carried me into the shower. He adjusted the knobs and let the water run over us.

He backed me up against the wall like I was his prey and kissed me roughly bruising my lips. He lifted me up and wrapped my legs around him before taking me all over again.

We were washing each other off when we heard Dunn and Knoxville come in. I bit my lip, "You have to tell them that they shouldn't sit on the couch."

He laughed at the thought, "Nah, let them find out for their own."

I pouted, "For me? You know I can't do that to them."

Bam groaned having his fun ruined. "If I must." He stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist seeing how all of our clothes were lying on the living room floor.

"And while you are out there can you bring me my bag so I can change?" I asked him sweetly.

"What do you take me for, your bitch?" He looked me over.

"Fetch me my whip while you're at it then." I laughed and rinsed the conditioner out of my hair.

He turned off the hot water getting a satisfying scream out of me. I threw back the curtain and glared to see Bam wearing one of those stupid smirks. "Had to have my fun some other way."

"Had to have my fun some other way." I mimicked him and wrapped a towel around me. I took a seat on the counter waiting for him to come back with my stuff.

"What are you two ladies discussing?" Bam asked as the two fellow Jackass' conversed leaning on the counter.

"Well, Adel said she wanted to do something different." Knoxville grinned and put his sunglasses in his shirt pocket.

Dunn was about to plop down on the couch ignoring all the clothes scattered about. Bam sighed deciding to keep his favor to me. He grinned and leaned on the door frame. "You definitely might not want to do that."

Johnny laughed hysterically. Dunn groaned and shook his head laughing too. "When I said to change the sheets it wasn't literally."

"Yeah might want to get someone to clean it." Bam laughed and grabbed my bag. He smiled when he saw me sitting on the counter. "Too tempting."

I laughed and took the bag. "Where's my whip?"

Bam snapped his fingers. "Knew I forgot something."

"That's okay I don't need a whip for you to know that you're my bitch." I shrugged teasing him and handed him some of his clothes that I had packed while I changed into mine.

"Prepared for anything huh?" He laughed buttoning his jeans.

"Of course." I said snottily, laughing, and flipped my hair.

"Good, cause I think you'll need it for what they've planned." He kissed me.

"Hmm? And what do they have planned?" I asked and loosely held onto him around his neck.

"Fuck if I know." Bam shrugged and pulled me off of the counter, pressing his lips to mine briefly, before leading me out of the bathroom.

"So I heard my couch was dirty." Dunn pointed out to me.

"Yeah, you might want to get that cleaned." I laughed. Knoxville laughed and high fived me. "So what did I get my self into this time."

"Well sweetheart you're just going to have to wait and find out." Knoxville came and put a blindfold on me.

"Hey, is Bam getting one?" I asked from complete darkness.

"I'm not the one who wanted to do something different." I heard him laugh. The next thing I heard after the buzzing traffic was another strange buzzing. "What's that noise?" I asked trying to grasp some of my surroundings.

"Just remember you asked for this Ass." Dunn laughed.

When some one took the blindfold off I found myself standing in a tattoo parlor. "I'm getting a tattoo?"

"Yup." Knoxville grinned. "And Bam's getting a matching one."

"Whatever we choose." Dunn added.

"How did I get pulled into it?" Bam asked.

"Because she's yours." He laughed twisting Bam's words from earlier.

"Besides Bam you're already a canvas in the making." I said referring to all the tattoos he was already decorated with.

I sat in Bam's lap on the table, while Knoxville and Dunn were laughing as they chose a design.

They told the guy where to put it on and to specifically not let us in on what they chose.

The guy pulled my hair back and held it with a rubber band. He cleaned the skin behind my right ear and laid the stencil print on it. I held Bam's hand while the guy dug the needle along my skin. I had no clue what he drew all I knew was that the tattoo was small.

Dunn made sure I wouldn't look in the mirror or watch, while Bam got his in the exact same spot.

"Think of it as promise rings or something along that shit." Dunn laughed hand me the mirror so I could see it.

I stepped up to the larger mirror and held the smaller one next to my ear. "Not bad taste. I expected worse." It was a tiny tribal star that actually looked cute.

"Hey, I already told you that I wasn't going to break you." Johnny grinned at his handy work.

August had come and gone too quickly. I had one more week left to my extended vacation.

No one knows about my upcoming departure. I wanted to spend this week like I have been this whole summer. Besides, I was too scared to.

I smiled in the mirror pulling back my hair revealing the small tattoo. The trip to LA was just a couple of weeks ago if you could imagine.

"You ready to leave?" I heard Bam's muffled voice from upstairs.

I looked myself over. I chose a silk green dress and some strapey brown sandals. We were going out tonight and I was told to dress nice. I hope this would do.

He was leaning on the railing with his hand outstretched for me to take. He smiled when he saw the bracelet. I rarely ever took it off. He would usually wear the necklace, but lately I haven't seen it.

"You look sexy." He kissed me holding the small of my back.

"You look pretty hot yourself." I smiled and pecked his lips. He was dressed in dark bluejeans and a black shirt.

"So ready?" He asked slightly nervous. I wasn't sure if that was good or bad yet. I was usually good at pinpointing Bam's feelings, but this time I just couldn't pick up on anything.

"Yeah." I bit my lip as he led me out to the garage.

About a half an hour or so later we pulled up to this bistro downtown. Bam told me to stay put and came around to open my door. "My hero." I teased and kissed his cheek.

He rolled his eyes and laced his fingers with mine. We were seated at a table for two in front of the window.

He ordered my favorite food and white wine instead of a beer. I appreciated how well he knew me.

The conversation was light throughout dinner. We talked about the guys and just simple random things.

It started pouring outside. I smiled content. "I love the rain."

"Eh, I could do with out it sometimes. Cause once it starts here it just seems to never go away." Bam shrugged.

"Yeah, but the rain is just wonderful. I mean don't you just want to dance in the rain?" I beamed at the thought.

"Dance in the rain?" He raised an eyebrow and laughed.

"Yes," I was ready to disagree, but I saw that he was just going to poke fun more. It would just be a lost cause. "Oh forget it."

"No let's go dancing in the rain." He laughed ridiculing me.

"You laugh now." I rolled my eyes.

Dessert came, a simple chocolate moose. He ordered it earlier I guess. It was nice that he remembered how I loved it, second to watermelon sherbet of course.

He leaned back drinking his wine watching me eat, fidgeting every so often. "What?" I asked smiling after he didn't say anything. I was beginning to wonder why he's been nervous so much tonight.

"Nothing." He said faintly looking out the window.

He face was tense like he wanted to say something. "Just say it." I put my fork down trying to coax it out of him.

"I'm just thinking about this summer." He fiddled with his knife with a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. "About how this was the best summer fling. Isn't it great, no strings attached? The summer heat was just plain intense."

Those words hurt so much, but not once did I let the smile from my lips fade. "I know this was one of the best summers yet. Have to say that I can't disagree."

Luckily all those years putting on an act in front of judges, audiences, friends, and even family paid off. Though I would never had imagined that I has to place a fake smile on my lips for the one I love.

I finally admit it to myself that I love Bam Margera. And for what?

My heart ached so much; there aren't any words to describe the pain. A fling? That's what this was? How could he call us that?

I felt so. . .used. Not once, did he correct what we were during the rest of the night, so to him I was just the girl of the season.

No strings attached.

Although, I carried on a light conversation as if nothing had happened, it felt hard to breath.

A summer fling is just the same as a one-night stand. Meaningless.

I just. . .never expected that. Not after what we had been through together the past few months.

I felt so numb that I didn't even feel him hold my hand as we walked back to the car. I occasionally smiled and nodded to whatever he was say, but I wasn't really listening.

I wasn't thinking or feeling either. The only thing I can compare it to is that weird feeling you get when you have an extremely high fever.

Almost like being trapped in a porcelain doll. I'm just looking out through the eyes, like this isn't happening to me, but you have that fragile feeling. That you could shatter at any moment because the fever makes you so delusional.

As surreal as it felt, it was happening to me. I knew this.

Bam walked me to the stairs to go down to the pirate bar. This is where we parted ways; we still usually stayed in our own bedrooms unless we made love, well at least that is what I thought we were doing. But, it was just from the intense heat.

He pulled me into one last hug before we parted. I clung onto him, fearing that he was going to evaporate into thin air.

These last months were all a wonderful, wonderful dream. Even if this was how it ended, I will never regret this summer.

I held him for a moment longer feeling, knowing, that this would be the last time I saw him.

"Gute Nicht." I whispered pulling away. I walked down the stairs and never looked back. My strength was running out and I did not want to break down in front of him.

"Night." I heard his voice behind me, but I didn't see him solemnly watch me walk away.

Bruno was waiting loyally on the bed for me. I kissed his head and scratched his ears. "You'll always be the only guy for me huh Bruno?" I shook my head with as small smile as his tongue happily hung out and his tail thumped on the bed.

I took my phone out of my purse and scrolled through the phone numbers. Pushing the call button when I found what I was looking for. "Hi, can you tell me when the next flight to India is?"