My Beloved Monster

027

Image

"Look daddy's home." Adel smiled standing up on a stoop. There in her arms was the most beautiful baby with the whitest blond hair and bright blue eyes. "Look Milo there's daddy."

Bam grinned and kissed his forehead, "Hey kid." He smirked looking up at Adel and leaned in catching her sweet lips. He continued until there was a sharp pull of his hair.

He look down at his son and laughed. "Where's our other M&M?"

"Milla's being the lazy ass like her father and sleeping." Adel laughed and then sighed. "I can't believe summer is over."

Bam took Milo from Adel's arms and tossed him into the air, but nothing came back down. Adel's laughter was disappearing and everything was blurry.

The warm air was replaced with snow. "Greatest summer fling." Bam's own voice echoed back himself.

He wanted to yell that the voice was wrong, but he couldn't, seeing how he'd be yelling at himself, at his own words.

He gasped and woke up. He placed a hand on his chest gathering his surroundings. He shook his head and went back to looking out the window trying to shake off that unnerving dream. Sure he love for that to happen one day, but he just didn't like the way it ended.

Bam got off the flight 18 hours later, eyes blood shot and exhausted. He had no idea what his next move would be.

Hell, Bam had no clue where Adel lived. He didn't even speak the language.

Bam sighed frustrated that he came to another dead end.

His eyes lit up as an idea came to him. He smacked his forehead that he didn't think of it sooner.

He quickly held the one on his speed dial, automatically dialing Adel's cell phone only to get the answering machine. "Please Adel. I know you probably don't want to hear from me right now, but please call me when you get this. I love you too. You have no idea how much I do."

Bam sighed and sat on a bench outside the airport. At a first glance already he could tell Bayreuth was beautiful and he'd love to explore it one day with Adel, but what now?

Bam got up and went inside to an information desk. Luckily, most of the people spoke fairly good English. After giving him a bit of a hard time and yanking his leg for his lack of knowledge of their language, he was able to locate Adel's address.

They told Bam how to take the U-Bahn to near Adel's home. All the while he kept trying to reach her cell phone, but there never was a response.

Bam prayed that he got off the right stop and ran the next five blocks. He stopped and looked at the piece of paper. He looked at the road sign on the corner lamppost. He took a right, avoiding a moped and a car, and ran one more block.

He stopped when he came up to a beautiful house. He rubbed his eyes, could this be possible?

It was the same place that was in his dream. He walked slowly in order to regain his normal heart rate and calm his nerves.

He swallowed a lump in his throat and headed up the stoop. He remembered Adel telling him how she inherited the whole house so he didn't have to worry about pushing a wrong doorbell. It was just actually pushing the damn thing that was his problem.

As Bam walked up each step, his insides were tearing apart. He finally reached the last step and rang the bell.

"Guten Tag." A man with shaggy black hair answered the door cheerfully. This must be Chaz, Bam assumed.

His happy expression fell and he switched to English for the pathetic American. "What do you want?"

"Look, I need to talk to Adel." Bam said disparately not caring about his ego or his dignity; he just wanted Adel back.

"Just go home." Chaz shook his head. "She doesn't ever want to speak to you again."

"I didn't mean anything I said. It just came out." Bam looked away from his judging eyes. "I was going to propose to her that night." He said sadly.

Chaz almost gave in, but he highly doubted that this was the case. "Prove it."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. If I'm supposed to believe your poor excuse, provide me with some evidence." Chaz stared Bam down.

Bam padded his pockets. It wasn't there. "I can't. . . It's back home."

"Where you should be. Just be lucky I'm a lover and not a fighter. And that Wolf's at the market or you'd be dead." Chaz sighed. In any other situation, Bam would laugh at his statement because it reminded him so much of Novak. "Give up. She doesn't love you anymore. Best said in French, c'est la vie. Move on."

"I won't leave until Adel says this herself. I love her." Bam said putting his foot down.

"Then you're wasting not only your time, but ours." An angry voice said behind him.

Bam turned around only to be punched in the mouth. "Didn't think you were one for sucker punches." Bam spit out some blood over the railing.

Chaz went to go hold Wolf back, knowing how angry he really was. But, Wolf shrugged him off and cracked his neck, "I'm just pissed. How dare you do that to Adel! Bullshit, you love her. You don't deserve her. I don't care how scared you were; if you really loved her you wouldn't even think about uttering any of that to her."

Bam waited for another punch knowing he deserved it. He wanted to be hit, what kind of idiot was he? But, nothing ever came and that was far worse.

"Move on; let her go. You've hurt her enough. Let this be what you called it, a summer fling." Wolf's words stung even more because they were true.

Bam wanted more than anything to yell, throw a fit, and tell them that they were wrong. But, he couldn't. Everything they had said was the truth.

"Just leave." Wolf spit at Bam's feet.

Angry at himself, Bam listened. C'est la vie; life goes on. They know Adel best, if this was what she wanted than he would comply to her wishes.

Wolf and Chaz went inside. Chaz stayed at the window and watched Bam leave.

Bam took one last glance to the empty stoop imagining Adel there with his child in her arms, like in the dream. But, soon shook the thought out of his head. If he was going to get over Adel, than he'd better start forgetting that silly dream because he knew that he was going to have one hell of a time moving on.

"She'd go back to him if she were here you know." Chaz said sadly watching Bam walked away hunched over. "He did cross the Atlantic to come after her."

"Then it's a good thing she isn't and won't find out about this incident isn't it?" Wolf said warningly and went to put the groceries away.