My Beloved Monster

031

Image

As the Grand Prix series come to an end, Germany plans on holding their name strong with professional figure skater Adelina Senta; the country's Noble Butterfly. Confidently, she plans to take first place this year for the European Figure Skating Championships. Until Senta came into the picture, Germany had not been in the top three spots since Tanja Szewczenko in 1998.

When questions started to get personal Miss Senta's date stepped in to rescue her; a real prince charming for the Noble Butterfly. Yet, claiming to have only been friends, the way he protectively held her close said otherwise.

Apparently the wedding bells between Bam Margera and Adelina Senta were only a rumor. One minute Bam and Adelina shared covers of tabloids in romantic poses for the camera and the next Bam was solo, hanging out with the Jackass crew filming for their upcoming movie. What had happened to America's sweethearts?

"I needed to focus on figure skating." Came Adel's vague and diplomatic reply. Of course there must be more to this breakup than she lead on. While, I had the opportunity, I tried to get as much information as I could. Though, she would not budge and prince charming was ready to high tail me out of there.

So are there any hard feelings between the two? "I'd like to think there isn't, but I cannot speak for him." Once again, much to my displeasure, a hazy answer came from the Noble Butterfly. However, the saddened smile and clenched jaw spoke wonders.

I wished the best of luck for the European Figure Skating Championships to Adelina and excused myself before her date did it for me. All I can say is that the new boa; is much more stiff and defensive.


The article went on about the different fashions and other names that were at the ballet. But, this section was only his main concern. He closed the tabloid and smiled again at the cover. Adel was on the full page of this particular tabloid as well as many other magazines for her dancing in the rain. Ville smiled at the picture. It looked free and at ease; ideally how everything should be.

The beautiful picture is what captured his attention in the first place. Though, he hoped the news inside would have been more helpful.

Ville leaned back and wondered what happened to his friends. He knew the rumors weren't false. Bam had been planning, at least a month earlier to complete his commitment to Adel, before the tabloids came out discussing the end to their relationship.

He looked from one magazine to the other, which contained a story featuring a sneak peak on Jackass 2, but also included a small paragraph on Bam and Missy.

Ville sighed and looked around his apartment. He walked over to the large window in the living room, providing the only light at the moment. Helsinki was decorated beautifully for the country's arriving guest. He would just have to find out what really had happened when Adel arrived he supposed. Given that Bam had not called him since.
[Little tidbit: this competition is actually going to be in Helsinki in 2009]

I yawned and stretched when we passed through the gate. I smiled and jumped up on Chaz's back. "We are in Helsinki babe!"

"Kinky sex doll, kinky sex." He laughed and held my legs running to the baggage claim after we had gotten our passports stamped.

Loring rolled his eyes and slug my dresses over his shoulder. "You break her Chaz; I break you!"

"Yeah, yeah old man." Chaz teased him lowering me down so he could grab our bags.

"So you still up for Norway after this?" I asked snagging my purple suitcase. We weren't that far from Norway and I was dieing to go on the river Sjoa. It's one of the better rivers for whitewater kayaking.

He laughed at me, "I'm up for video taping you."

"Come on." I pouted. "How about if you only did a grade 3?"

Chaz rolled his eyes, "We'll see; I'd rather not freeze my balls off. But, how are we going to get the boats?"

"Klara said she'd ship them when I say the word." I grinned having it all planned out.

"You got my wife into you're scheme?" Loring raised an eyebrow. "Adelina Schmetterling just stay focused for the competition. Forget about your boating for now."

I sighed and agreed. I leaned my head on Chaz's shoulder. "Party pooper."

"Come on we have to check in." Loring ignored my sour face.

Chaz wrapped an arm around my waist giving me more support. "You're going to make a good dad Loring, especially if you can get this one to shut up."

Loring laughed, "Yeah, dealing with her has given me plenty of practice."

"I standing right here." I mumbled glaring at him lightheartedly. "Ack!" It was absolutely freezing once we left secure warmth of the airport. Well, for Finland it wasn't, but coming from the warmth of Germany, it was quite a shocker for me. I shoved my hat on and zipped up my jacket to my chin.

"And you call yourself a figure skater." Chaz teased me.

Once we reached the desk, Loring gave his last name for the reservations. Most of the hotel was being used from competitors around the continent for this final.

The receptionist typed in some stuff into the computer and handed us three room keys. Chaz and I were going to share a room while Loring stayed in his own. He claimed that he want to survive this week and keep his sanity.

"Oh, and this was left here to be given to Adelina Senta." She handed Loring a white envelope.

I gave him a weird look, but he shrugged his shoulders indicating that he was just as clueless. He thanked the lady and handed me the letter and card key. We were on the main floor so we didn't have to worry about cramming into an elevator. We walked down several different hallways before reaching our room.

Loring was a sweetheart and hung each outfit in the closet for me. I threw my bags down by the door and sat on my bed staring at the letter.

"I wonder what it could be." I said still looking at the envelope.

Chaz sat down next to me, "Only one way to find out doll."

"I'm sure it's nothing bad Adelina." Loring tried to make my feel better.

I side and carefully opened the envelope to see an official letter from the committee for this particular competition.

Adelina Senta,
On behalf of the board for 2005's figure skating finals we require your presence. It is essential that you come to the town hall's main meeting room to discuss your participation in the European Figure Skating Championships. You will be expected at 9:30 in the morning.


I looked up at Loring. "They want a meeting with me to discuss my participation."

"Did it say anything else?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No, only to be at the town hall at 9:30."

"Well, it's short and sweet can't be too bad." Chaz wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "And since it's near the shore; you'll be able to get a better site of Helsinki."

I smiled and leaned my head on his chest. "Loring? What do you think they could want?"

He shook his head. "I wish I could tell you."

"Is it apart of the itinerary?" Chaz asked looking from me to Loring.

"No." Loring frowned.

"I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow morning." I shrugged trying to not let it get to me. Must keep those stress levels down remember? But, no matter what happy place I tried to think of I couldn't shake this nauseating feeling in my stomach. If it wasn't on the itinerary, then it wasn't a standard procedure. Besides, I have never had to attend some meeting to discuss my participating before.

Loring saw my face. "Adelina, do not think about it so hard. It will only give you more worry. In fact, if you are up for it, I reserved a time slot for you at the arena. It is not long maybe an hour, but it is just enough for you to bestow some confidence in yourself. And you don't have to; you can just crash here if you'd like."

I nodded my head, "Actually that sounds good. It will help clear my thoughts." I looked over at Chaz. "You going to come with me right?"

He smiled. "Of course. Someone has to take Bruno's place."

"Poor Bruno." I pouted. Loring convinced me to leave him in Bayreuth with Klara. We were only to be away a little over a week at most. "We are stuck here while-"

"While my wife is spoiling him rotten." Loring rolled his eyes. "When you are done changing, come get me."

I nodded and he left to his room across the hall. Chaz turned on the local news trying to see if the little Finnish he knew could help him understand it.

I laid my suitcase on the bed and unsnapped it. I pick out some tights and a sports bra underneath a long sleeve white shirt. I sat next to Chaz and slipped on my sneakers.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He had this weird look on his face.

"Looks like everyone got here just in time." He said pointing to the screen, which seemed to be covering the airport from which we just left. "Finnair will be shutting down. All the employees are going to be going on strike. No planes will be arriving or leaving the Helsinki-Vantaa Airport after 17.30."

"Did they say how long it will last?" I asked. He shook his head no. "This is not a good sign."

[Another little tidbit: this actually happened in October. My boss's husband's co-worker was stuck in Helsinki because of the strike. And what sucked was that he had just got back from his honeymoon a day or two before this business trip.]

"Ready?" He shut the television off. I slipped on my vest.

"Yup." He smiled pulling on his own jacket and carried my backpack containing my skates and leggings for me.

I knocked on Loring's door who, of course, was already and waiting for us.

"Did you see the news?" Chaz asked as we walked to the arena.

Loring sighed and nodded his head. "Yeah, looks like we made good timing."

We took the train to the Pasila station where we walked the rest of the way. I walked safely in between the two men, trying not to let my thoughts eat away at me.

I smiled looking at the environment around me and took my camera out of my pocket. Helsinki was absolutely stunning. It was even decorated for the competition. The locals pointed at me knowing who I was and smiled seeing us walk through their city. I smiled and waved back, while also taking a picture of them too. New faces were always exciting.

Once reaching the arena, there were reporters from all the different countries participating in the European Figure Skating Championships. We didn't stop to talk to them as they took pictures, that would come later.

Though, Chaz did take my camera and took a picture of all of them. "In irony." He explained to me. I shook my head and laughed.

There was one large rink in the Hartwall Areena. Concerts, operas, ice-hockey games, and plenty other events are held here.

I would get one private practice run, with the exception of a few reporters, before my short program. Then, if I made it to the next level, I would have one more practice before the long program. One better make use of the time they have because you only have one chance to do so.

I had sit down it was just so overwhelming. The arena was huge. Especially, compared to the one in Westchester.

Chaz plopped down next to me, beer in hand. I grabbed it and was about to take a gulp before Loring took it away and handed it back to Chaz. "You have worked too hard to ruin it all now."

I sighed knowing that Loring had right. I tightened my skates and made sure the guards were sagely in place.

"Well, get out ther doll." Chaz patted my knee. I looked over at Loring, who was now leaning on the railing, and nodded his head toward the ice.

I took off my guards and handed them to Loring. I smiled with butterflies bursting to escape as I stepped onto Helsinki's ice for my first time.

"Now, of course, since we have somewhat of an audience," Loring referred to the reporters, "do everything you need to get done out of order. We're not going to use any music; just work on your speed and height." He coached me.

I nodded and skated around the large rink. The ice had just been cleaned and my blades had previously been sharpened. A great combination that just gave me that soaring feeling.

I was happy to say that I did not fall. Loring would patiently call out things that needed to be tweaked. All-in-all, everything went perfectly. I could not wait to show Helsinki what Germany is all about.

Chaz was a sweetheart and gave me a piggy back ride to the train and from the train to the hotel.

"Adel, please just stay in tonight. Tomorrow is the opening ceremony dinner and now you have this meeting in the morning, please just take it easy." Loring asked me. He knew Chaz and I had planned to get as much clubbing as we could in and see some local bands play.

I sighed and smiled, "Yeah, alright. Just for you though." He gave me a hug goodnight and went into his own room. I lied down on the bed near the window and Chaz sat next to me.

"So doll, what would you like to do?" He rubbed my leg.

"Mmm, a hot shower and then I think I'm going to crash sexy. You're on your own tonight I'm afraid." I yawned, tired and a bit sore from practice.

Chaz pouted, "You're no fun."

I played with some of his hair. "Why don't you go out tonight though? Find a good bar for me to go to after I'm finished and make some new friends."

Chaz grinned at 'make some new friends' "If there's nothing left for me here. I guess I will be seeing you tomorrow afternoon."

"Afternoon?" I laughed.

"Hey, I plan on making some new friends." He winked. Chaz patted my leg and went to freshen up. "See you tomorrow."

"Just think some confidence up for me around 9:30 wherever you are okay?" I asked as he put on his leather jacket and a scarf. Chaz was a sexy man, and the worse part was that he knew it.

"I forgot about the meeting." He came and sat back next to me. "Do want me to stay and crash with you?"

I smiled appreciating that Chaz would cancel his plans for me or do anything to protect me physically and emotionally really. That was one of his best characteristics. Any girl is lucky to have him. "No, I just want to sleep really."

"Are you sure you are okay doll?" He felt my forehead. "You feel fine."

"No, I know that. I just need to wind down and get some energy and just not worry about tomorrow."

"Alright, but for you, I'll leave my cell on all night. Do not hesitate to call me if you need someone to cuddle with." Chaz smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Thanks sweetie." I smiled and called out, "I love you my sexy beast." When he reached the door.

He gave me a toothy smile. "I love you too doll."

I stepped under the steamy water, just letting it manipulate the muscles in my neck and back all the way to my toes.

I slipped into warm fleece pajama bottoms and a long sleeve shirt. I wrapped the towel around my head and check my phone to see if I had any messages. There was one from Wolf letting me know that he landed safely in England and was with the band. But, most of all, he wished me the best of luck.

I had a feeling that I would need all the luck and support I could get for this upcoming week.