My Beloved Monster

004

Image

"She's hot." Raab said once I left the room. "And I got tackled by her." He grinned proudly.

"Whatever." Bam mumbled and flipped through the scrapbook.

"What? You don't think she is?" He then smiled, "Oh, I know what it is. You're just jealous that you weren't taken down by that sweetness."

Bam just rolled his eyes and laughed a little at a photo of he and I cover in mud, head to toe, giving his mom a huge hug when were younger.

"What was the creature thing about before?" Bam asked trying not to sound too interested.

"Oh it's just a cute little pet name." He shrugged.

"Pet name?" Dunn laughed joining in on their conversation and Rake leaned on the counter next to him. "First she punched him and then called him an "ungodly hideous creature" when he introduced himself."

Bam laughed, "Cute little pet name huh?"

"Yeah well at least I don't have a dorky voice." Raab retaliated.

"Wait, what did she say?" asked Dunn grinning.

"She said his voice sounded dorky and that women who do find his voice irresistible must be dumb and deaf." Raab and Dunn cracked up.

"I like this girl." Dunn added.

"Yeah well that's because she didn't insult you." said Bam

Dico walked in the kitchen rubbing his face from sleep and Novak came and jumped on Bam's back as Raab told the story and said, "You're not going to let someone get away with insulting you are ya Bam?"

"Of course not!" Bam defended himself.

"Hey gorgeous. Wanted to make sure you landed okay." I heard on the other end.

I smiled. It was my best friend in whole world, Chaz. He'll come everywhere with me, like to competitions, to keep me grounded.

"Yeah. I'm with April. I was able to get a hold of her." I let him know that I was safe.

"English?" he questioned.

"Yeah, you don't mind do you?" I looked at my nails.

He chuckled. "Not at all doll. So how's the foot?"

"Still kills a bit." I carefully rolled my tube sock off my foot. Wincing a little when I reached the tender part. "The swelling has gone down. And the bruise is yellowing." Bruno came over and laid down next to me.

"That's a good sign. But you shouldn't be walking on it you know just in case."

"I'll be fine." I sighed and gently massaged my ankle to bring some comfort. "So how was your latest one?" Let's just say my dear friend is a bit of a casanova.

"Well she's an amazing girl, but got on the quickest plane and took off for the states." he teased.

I laughed, "Yeah well this whore wanted to get as far away from your STD's."

"Hey doll, just a heads up. Loring's been looking for you and will cell you soon." He warned me.

I let out a deep sigh. "I figured as much."

"Look I know the finals are coming up, but stay there for their summer months at least. You and Loring just need a break from each other. Promise me this doll?"

"But-" I began.

"No buts, just promise me please."

"I promise." I whispered reluctantly.

"Good. Now I want you to have all the watermelon sherbet and beer you can."

"Okay." I smiled.

"There's a pack of your favorite in one of your bags."

"Well, well Chazzy boy, you're just thinking of everything aren't you?"

I could almost see him grinning now. "Would you expect anything less of me doll?"

"Never, call me often?" I asked hopeful.

"Of course doll." Chaz assured me.

"Love you my sexy beast." I laughed.

He laughed too and growled. "Love you too gorgeous. Tell your friend April that I said good luck with the wedding."

"What?!" I started to object, nut the line had already gone dead. "I'm going to kill the both of them." I mumbled.

I curled my left leg close to my body so that I could get a better look. I sighed. It was fat and ugly. Sprains suck. Bruno moved his head on my knee. I scratched behind his ears as he wagged his tail.

"Sexy beast?" I heard over my shoulder.

I looked to see Bam leaning in the doorway with his arms crossed.

"Oh that's my nick name I guess for my friend Chaz." I shrugged smiling softly.

He came over and sat in front of me. I hate to admit it, but he had grown up nice, real nice. "That's a beauty." He motioned to my ankle.

"I'd like to think so." I smirked. "It better have been worth it" I grumbled.

He looked at me confused, "What happened?"

"I sprained during a practice and got into a big fight with my coach. He knows he was wrong, but.. ugh! Chaz is right we needed a break."

"And food." He added.

I laughed "Yeah that too."

"You're lucky I'm feeling nice. I was ready to get you back for insulting me." Bam grinned.

"What? I was just telling it like it is." I chuckled.

"I do not have a dorky voice!" He protested.

"Okay maybe not a bad voice." He grinned, "But definitely a dorky one." I laughed as his face dropped.

Bruno went over and sniffed his face, while Bam stayed still, before he licked his face and slobbered all over him. "Ugh, gross." He laughed wiping his face.

"Yeah well at least likes you and didn't pee on you."

"What?" He scooted away jokingly, but still continued to pet him.

"No really. He did that to my last boyfriend. I thought it was funny, but he kind of didn't." I rolled my eyes at the memory.

"I miss having a dog around. It wasn't fair to him with me always traveling around."

"Yeah I understand. I always have to go to competitions, but I'll take him with me. So basically anywhere I go he goes."

"What competitions?" He asked curiously.

"I figure skate-"

"Figure skating." He raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, I just said that didn't I."

April came into the room. "Hey honey, ready to go to my house?"

"Yeah, sure let me just get on my shoes." I rolled my sock back up.

"She's not staying with you." Bam declared.

" I'm not?" I asked

"Oh really Bam, and where is she going to stay then. I'm not going to let her go to some hotel." Ape said putting her hands on her hips.

"Who said anything about hotels? She's staying here." He smirked. "You and Phil are too boring. And she's on vacation. You're supposed to have fun on vacations. So she'll be staying here with me."