My Beloved Monster

043

Image

I sighed plopping on the couch next to Phil. Ape was at work at the moment.

This was my routine for the last several weeks. Ape would go to work and Phil and I would be couch potatoes, the new expression that I learned.

Unfortunately, when Phil did decide to work, Vito would come over. And I would hightail it out of that house and surprisingly hang out with Novak. Well he was the only one available really.

Dunn had gone to film some more scenes for Jackass 2 in Missouri I think. Which was good because that meant the coast was clear from Bam if only for a little while. Dico and Rake were busy working. And Raab well I stayed clear of him because we all know that Raab can't keep a secret so thus I left him in the dark with Bam.

"Dunn called earlier for you." Phil turned off the television to speak with me.

"Oh really? What did he want?" I scratched Bruno's stomach.

"He's gonna be here this weekend and is coming to pick you up tonight." Phil rubbed his beard. "Oh, and dress nicely."

"Around when tonight?" I asked.

"In a couple of hours." He shrugged.

"Thanks for the heads up." I laughed and rolled my eyes.

I went upstairs to get ready. I took a shower and dried my hair. I went to the top of the stairs and called down to Phil, "How nice?"

"Just nice." He shouted back.

I rolled my eyes again seeing as that didn't help me any. I went back to my room and looked through the closet to see what I had to wear. I slipped on a gray shirt and a cotton blue strappy dress.

I put a little mascara and chapstick on and just left my hair down. I turned around to get a better view in the mirror of just how long my hair has gotten. It was all the way down reaching my lower back. I should probably cut it, but for some reason I felt the need to just let it go a little longer.

I walked downstairs to find it quiet. "Phil?" I called out and checked the living room where he was before only to find it empty and the lights off.

I smiled and petted Bruno behind the ear as he came up to follow me around. I walked throughout the house only to find a note on the kitchen counter.

Adel,
Ape came and picked me up so we could go out.
Dunn should be here in a little while to pick you up.
Love,
Phil


I went to the coat rack and slipped on my brown coat[/url. I sat on the stairs and waited for Dunn looking out the small window on the side of the door.

I saw headlights pull into the driveway. I grabbed my purse and locked the door behind me. I laughed when I saw what Dunn was driving.

"What the hell is that?" I asked Dunn who jumped out of the truck grinning.

"It's for you." He still had that grin on his face.

I walked around this truck that was graffitied all over. The truck itself didn't look like it was in too bad of condition, but it just stuck out like a sore thumb especially with the Random Hero and heartagram painted on the back.

"Well I don't know about me, but it definitely has your personality on it." I shook my head. "Thanks? I think. But, it's not like I go out anywhere too often and if I do, I just ask for Phil or Ape's car."

"You'll see." He grinned. "You'll need it. And I swear this thing is reliable. I only painted it."

I looked at him unsure and sighed. "Alright. Just remember I'm trusting you on this one."

"Good." He clapped his hands together. "Now get in so we're not let. We have a deadline to make my dear."

"You sound like Dico." I said unamused and buckled in.

"Well you're moods changed fast." He chuckled.

"Don't get me started on that." I giggled. "My hormones. I just can't take them anymore. I've never cried so much from a commercial in my life. I feel bad for Phil because he's usually the one who's getting the most of it."

Dunn laughed as took a left. "I hope you don't cry to much tonight."

"Why would I?" I looked over at him.

He shrugged. "I'm just saying."

"Well it's not like I can control it." I smiled. "So how's filming going."

Dunn swayed his head side to side. "I'm just going to go with interesting to say the least."

"A lot of vomiting I suppose." I laughed.

"Suppose? There could never be enough." Dunn laughed.

"I beg to differ." I rolled my eyes. "I don't think my stomach could handle just watching it at the moment."

"Pregnant wussy." Dunn laughed and stopped at a red light. He handed me something. "Here, put this on."

I looked at it. "A blindfold? You have got to be kidding me."

"I'm not moving from this spot until you put it on." Dunn warned me. The light had already turned green and the few cars behind us started to get impatient and honk their horns.

"Fine." I sighed and slid the blindfold over my eyes.

"There that wasn't too hard now was it?" I head Dunn snicker.

"I don't like the way you laughed Dunn." I sighed and leaned back into the seat.

"Hey, like you said, you're just going to have to trust me on this one."

After a few rough turns and a jerked stop, I heard Dunn put the car into park. Well, I hoped anyway, because my stomach would not be able to handle his driving a minute longer.

"Dunn?" I heard him get out of the car. "Great." I tried to get out myself only I wasn't too sure where the ground was.

"Here, let me get you." Dunn helped me down. I put a hand on his shoulder to hopefully stop the darkness from spinning. "What, don't like my driving?"

"I hate you." I moaned trying to keep my stomach down.

"Not in a minute you won't." He held my arm and led me a few steps forward. "Stop!"

"I still hate you." I rubbed my ear with my free hand.

"Ready?" Dunn asked everyone.

"Sure." I sighed when something cold and long was shoved in my hands. "What's this?"

Dunn unwrapped the blindfold and everyone yelled, "Surprise!"

I jumped back into Dunn completely startled. "What's going on?" I smiled unsure looking at everyone.

"Look." Dunn pointed to the sign engraved on top of a shop.

Aschenputtel

"It's your coffee shop sweetie." Ape came over and gave me a hug.

"Hey!" Dico wrapped an arm around me and lead me to the ribbon. "Just remember it was my idea everyone."

"What?" I looked around. "For me?" They nodded. "Aw, you guys are going to make me cry." They even remembered that Aschenputtel was my favorite Brothers Grim story.

"So called it." Jess triumphed and punched Novak in the shoulder. "Pay up."

I shook my head and looked at the object that was placed in my hand. "Scissors?"

"Duh," Dico shook his head at me. "The big opening. Well ours anyway. You get to do this again on Thursday to make it all official for the press."

"Wait, hold on." Ape ran in front of me with a camera. "Okay, now you can continue."

I laughed and smiled for Ape as I cut the big red ribbon.

"Good now lets move our asses inside." Dico walked passed and held open the door for us. "Adel, get the lights."

I did as he told and my jaw hit the floor once again. The furniture was set up like a fancy Schanigarten.

But, what was breathtaking was along each wall were murals from around Bayreuth. There was the New palace and Eremitage, Old Palace. On the other main wall were the Festival Theater and the fountains from the Upper Grotto. Places I had visited many times.

I felt everyone's gaze on me as I ran my fingers against the wall. "How did you-"

"I remembered you told me that this was what you would want to do when you finished figure skating." Dico shrugged. "Although we didn't put in a floral section, but we figured you could conquer Westchester opening one at some other time."

"Honey you deserve it." Ape grinned giving me another hug. She leaned over and whispered in my ear, "I told you that you are apart of this family."

"Oh, and the best part are the uniforms." Novak laughed as he showed them to me.

"You're kidding." I laughed as he handed me a short [url=http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/o0Tiger--Lilly0o/Clothes/dresses/Drindle/st10_mandy_schwarz.jpg]drindle
with a nametag pin on it.

I sat around everyone as they played with a coffee machine and served each other. I felt so. . .special that they did all this. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to stay here.

Well, it turns out that the guys had already interviewed and hired people. Actually, more like beautiful women. But, I made some new friends, which was helpful. It's nice to hang out with the guys, but I was missing the estrogen.

I have to say that Lindsey, a woman that was appointed manager, had become my best friend over the last few weeks. She knew my whole story and everything. It was nice to have a friend who I knew had my back and vise versa.

So far the truck has not failed me either. It may have put a dent in the little dignity I had left, but it got me to where I needed to go so I guess I couldn't ask for anything more.

The bell rang as a new customer came in. Surprisingly Aschenputtel was doing really well.

Lindsey saw who it was and swallowed hoping that everything would go okay, on my behalf anyway. "Hey Adel can you go in the back and get some more sugar."

"No," I laughed. "I'm not going to do your dirty work. I'm the boss."

I turned to the costumer and my smiled faltered a bit. But, bravely I held face. "How may I help you?"

The brunette ordered a drink. "Is your accent real?" She asked me curious.

"Ja." I chuckled getting up to get her drink. "I lived in Germany most of my life."

Lindsey helped another customer while keeping an eye on me.

"Aww." She cooed when she saw my protruding belly. She laughed at herself. "I'm sorry if that sounded obnoxious. You must here it often. Can I ask how far long you are?"

I smiled, she was as sweet as I heard. "Five and a half months."

"Really?" She asked surprised and paid for her drink.

"Well, it doesn't help that there are two in there to make this glowing beauty fat." Lindsey teased me.

"Aww that's so exciting." She smiled. "You really are glowing."

"Thanks." I laughed.

"Sorry." She bit her lip. "You must hear that a lot too."

"It's no problem." I rubbed my belly. "It's fun to hear. All apart of the experience, right?"

"So is the father just as excited as you are?" As innocent of a question that seemed to be; it was far from it. Especially coming from this person, it just complicated things further.

"I don't know. " I rang up the next costumer.

"That would be because he doesn't even know about her current condition at the moment." Lindsey told her. I gave her a look.

"I know you'll probably be angry with me for saying so, especially since we don't know each other, but doesn't he have the right to know?"

I closed my eyes momentarily and smiled. "I suppose; it's been a question swimming in my head for a while too and you are being honest. But, we had broken up before either of us knew and he ended the relationship. But, from what his friends have told me and from what I have seen from a distance, he's seeing someone else and is happy now. So, why ruin a good thing for him?"

"Isn't that a lot to carry on your shoulders?"

"Of course it is, especially for a pregnant woman, but she's too much of a stubborn ass to do anything about it." Lindsey came up from behind answering for me again.

I knew where she was going with this and rolled my eyes and mumbled, "Not this again."

"Of course this again. And now I've got someone on my side." She smirked at me.

"Oh, I'm Missy by the way." She held out her hand.

"Adel." I shook it. "And my nosy friend Lindsey."

"Nice to meet you." She smiled. "I'll definitely be seeing you again. It's a nice place you have here."

"Thank you." I smiled and watched her leave.

"I told you to go get sugar." Lindsey sighed.

"I was bound to run into her sometime." I shrugged and watched her pull out of the parking lot. "They were right."

"Who?" Lindsey took another order.

"The guys. She is nice." I smiled.

"Adel." She said softly.

I shook my head. "I don't know why you all are so worried about me."

"Because." She played with my hair. "You're going to burst soon with all this stress you're keeping inside."