My Beloved Monster

044

Image

"No, no, no!" I shouted in frustration. I turned on the hazard lights and pulled onto the side of the road. The hood of the car was smoking.

I was on my way to my OBGYN appointment, but Dunn's reliable truck broke down!

I took out my cell phone, which I forgot to charge, so I only had about a bar of battery left.

First, I called the doctors office at let them know I was going to be late due to car trouble. Luckily, they said they would take me in whenever I arrive.

Then, I tried Novak's cell phone to see if he could save me once again. "Hey babe." Novak answered knowing it was me. "Anything wrong, how did your appointment go?"

"I haven't gotten there yet," I sighed. "Listen I don't mean to sound rude cutting to the chase, but my phone is dieing. Dunn's truck broke down could you pick me up?"

I heard Novak groan, "Bam and Dico took my battery out to teach me a lesson."

"What did you do?" I smirked.

"Nothing I can remember." Novak laughed.

"Dunn, you fucker, what the hell is this piece of shit you're driv-"

I screamed bloody murder, not expecting someone to be there. The person jumped back and yelled a bit as well.

"Adel! Adel you okay!!" I heard Novak's voice panicking.

My breath caught in my throat. This day couldn't get worse could it?

"Adel!" I faintly heard Novak's voice once again.

I scrambled to get the phone on my lap. "I'm here, I'm here." I reassured him.

"What the fuck was that screaming for!? I thought you were dieing or something. Don't fucking scare me like that again!" Novak let out a nervous chuckle.

"Bam's here." I whispered staring at him. "Seriously can't you just teleport and save me."

"Sweetheart, just breath. You can do this." Novak, the last person I expected to, calmed me down. "Remember you're going to find out what those little monsters are today."

"Tha-" I looked at my phone. "Stupid battery."

"Adel?" Bam rubbed his eyes and asked me wondering if he was dreaming.

I took a deep breath and bit my lip as I looked at him. "Hallo."

"I always swore I saw you around; I knew I wasn't crazy." Bam said to himself.

"Usually talking to yourself is the first sigh of craziness." I said softly.

"What are-, I mean when-, I-, wow." Bam stuttered.

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat, "Bam would you do me favor?"

"Well that depends." He leaned on the roof.

"I'm late for a doctors appointment-"

"What's wrong?" Bam's small smile diminished.

"Nothing, it's just a follow up." I smiled weakly.

Obviously, Bam still doesn't know I just couldn't do that to him. He was happy and with a nice girl; I wasn't going to take that away.

Was it fair to me?

Probably not, but I'll make due.

Always have; always will.

Bam swallowed and blink. "Um, yeah sure." He figured that he would never see me again and if he did, he expected a screaming match or something with the way things went down in Bayreuth.

Bam opened the door for me and stepped back shocked. He closed his mouth and shut the door behind me. He stayed silent not quite too sure what to say. And for some reason he felt hurt that she was pregnant and not with his kid.

He blinked and shook his head to rid those ridiculous thoughts. What was he thinking? He had Missy and she obviously had moved on.

I stayed silent as I followed him to his car. I saw his shocked expression. It wasn't too hard to tell that I was pregnant at since it has now been six months. I was even rounder since there were two.

I got into the passenger's side and told him where to go. He nodded and said he knew the area where it was. "So," he started. "How have you been?"

"Busy." I smiled slightly. "But, not too bad. How about you?"

He never thought he would miss that voice or the thick accent that went with it. "Good, good. Filming for Jackass 2 so that's been keeping me entertained."

"Yeah, I heard there is a lot of vomiting in it?" I laughed softly.

"Yeah." Bam laughed. Though, he wondered whom I had been talking with since everything had been kept under tight wraps.

There was an awkward silence that felt a bit unnerving. "So," I shifted in the seat. "What did Novak do that you and Dico took away his car battery?"

Bam laughed again, but figured it had to be one of the guys. Making him feel betrayed because who knows how long she had been her and not one of them thought it necessary to mention it to him? "Actually, he did nothing. But, he doesn't remember that."

I chuckled and told him to take a right. "Yeah, he's fun to mess around with when he has no clue of the previous night."

He pulled into a parking spot near the entrance. "Would you mind giving me a ride after?" I asked shyly playing with the hem of my jacket.

Bam tuned off the car and took the keys out of the ignition. "Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem."

"Are you going to come in?" I took off my seat belt and grabbed my bag.

"Oh," he rubbed the back of his head. "I guess so."

Bam took a seat away from the other pregnant women in the room, while I went up to the front desk to sign in. I filled out the necessary paperwork and gave in back to the secretary.

"How long are you?" Bam cleared his throat. Suddenly it had gotten very dry. "Pregnant."

"Oh, 22 weeks." I sighed and looked away from him. "It's just about 6 months."

"Well, congratulations I guess are in order." He forced a smile trying to hide the hurt, figuring he at least waited a month or so to move on.

"Thanks." I mumbled forcing a smiled of my own. I shoved my sleeve over my wrist hoping Bam didn't notice that I still wore the bracelet.

Who knows why I still find comfort in it, but I do and thus it has yet to leave my left wrist. Ironically that was the only jewelry that still fit on my hands; I've had to take all my rings off.

There were questions swimming through Bam's head that he wasn't too sure how to ask. "How long have you been here?"

"Adelina Senta." Luckily, they had called my name so I didn't have to answer him that just yet.

"Are you going to wait out here?" I stood up. I was hoping that he would come in considering although he didn't know, it would be special to him one day that he was there when I found out what my our monsters are.

Bam looked around the room to see all these pregnant woman complaining. He may not be entirely comfortable with Adel like he once was, but it was a hell of a lot better than sticking it out in the waiting room. "Yeah, right."

I smiled and followed the nurse into a room. She began asking questions concerned with my blood pressure, like if I've had dizziness or extreme headaches. She took notes and let saying the doctor would be there in a minute.

Bam looked around the room and stuck his hands deep in his pockets. He let out a deep breath and shifted his weight from one foot to the other to keep from pacing the floors.

"Are you okay?" I asked Bam.

I saw him visibly jump. He looked over at me. "Just, well-"

"I know." I nodded understanding how he was uncomfortable. But, I must admit it was extremely amusing to watch him squirm.

"Hello Adelina." The doctor came in. "Oh, and the father it's nice to see when they come too."

"Oh, I'm just the chauffeur." Bam answered right away. "I'm don't want kids yet."

I sighed trying to ignore what Bam had just said. And rolled my eyes at the thought how Ape wanted me to tell him.

The doctor smiled. "Well then you're a good friend to be here during this." Bam nodded, but stayed silent and took a step back. The doctor turned to me. "So you haven't had any scares with your blood pressure since the trip to the emergency room."

I shook my head and felt Bam's eyes on me. "No."

She nodded and wrote something down. She did this with other normal questions until she set my chart to the side. "So are you ready?"

"Yeah." I grinned.

I shivered when she put the cold jell over my stomach. Luckily there hadn't been stretch marks like Helga teased me, but my belly button was sadly an outty now.

"So where am I taking you too?" Bam asked starting the car up again.

"Can you take me to Salon Nochea. I want to tell Ape. She's been waiting impatiently for today." I said still grinning looking at the photo.

"No problem." Bam smiled softly at my excitement. So, she had been talking to his friends and now to his mom. And yet none of them felt the need to inform him. Just how long had this been going on?

Another uncomfortable silence began to form. I sighed and resisted laughing from nervousness. "So was this the most uncomfortable experience you've ever had to be put through or am I the only one feeling that way?" I smiled being honest.

He chuckled and glanced over at me. "No. I was afraid to say something, but man I never want to go in that place again."

"Well, thanks for the ride." I said politely getting out of the car. The only thing was he got out as well.

"Not a big deal." He shrugged leading the way. I stayed at the bottom of the steps, while he was holding the door. "Well are you coming or not?"

"I'm coming." I rolled my eyes. I only hoped that Ape wouldn't get the wrong idea.

"What are you doing here Bam?" Ape looked at him skeptically.

"Eh," he shrugged. "She needed a lift."

I quietly shut the door quietly behind me. Ape looked from Bam to me grinning. I shook my head. She sighed and sat back in the chair at her station.

She then got a big smile on her face. "Let me see. Did you get another video or do they not do that here?"

"It took a bit of convincing." I shrugged and smiled. "But, I am the best."

She rolled her eyes and grabbed the photos in my hand. "Aww," she cooed. "They really look like babies now. So tell me."

"Well, you see that thing." I pointed to one photo. "He's the boy."

Ape laughed, "So what's the other baby?"

"A girl with my good looks." I laughed and sat in the chair next to her and spun around slowly as she showed her friends.

When I the chair stopped I was facing Bam. Our eyes locked for a few moments. He looked away and got up abruptly leaving without saying goodbye.