My Beloved Monster

050

Image

We picked up some dinner for the ride back to Westchester. Bam drove me to Ape's house and after that extremely long and slightly uncomfortable ride, I excused myself and went straight upstairs to my bed. I was exhausted.

Bam however decided to stick around and try to find some answers. When he walked into the living room, Ape was talking on the phone concerned about Knobs.

When she noticed her son lazily waiting impatiently she ended her phone call. "Hey Bam, what's the matter?"

He sighed and laid down on the couch with his feet hanging off the end. What to ask first? He sighed again and rubbed his face. "Who's Adel with?"

Ape jumped a little shocked by the question. "No one."

"Then, who." Bam paused not wanting to seem desperate and played it off. "Who knocked her up?"

Ape chewed on her lip nervously.

Bam sat up and faced her. "You know don't you?"

She sighed. "I can't tell you. I promised I wouldn't."

"Don't I get to know though?" Bam asked confused.

"You should." She nodded in agreement playing with the phone in her hands.

"Well I've got it narrowed down to four people." Bam leaned back.

Ape let out a little laughed. "Oh?"

"That guy Chaz she's always talking to." Bam guessed.

Ape shook her head. "Mr. Casanova? Bam give her more credit she doesn't sleep around with her friends."

"Ville?" Bam winced as she burst out laughing.

"She hasn't seen him since the championships."

"Exactly." Bam tired to reason. "Isn't that like around when she got pregnant?"

"She was a little over a month when she found out. So it's not him." Ape sighed hoping that clue would help him.

"So it's not Jussi then." Bam mumbled to himself. "Are you sure?"

"Positive." She smiled softly. "So who's lucky bachelor number four?"

"Her ex Wolf?"

"No," she shook her head. "He's married. In fact to one of Adel's friends."

"Really?" Bam asked shocked. "Well then I'm all out."

Ape shook her head. "Why don't you just ask her?"

Bam shrugged and withdrew himself at the thought of that option. "Because it's weird."

"Well Bam that's the only way you're going to find out." She chuckled. Although her son is so smart with coming up with all these schemes, he sure needs to work on his math.

I stopped home for lunch after Lamaze. I did take Jussi's ingenious idea and have been dragging Dico along with me.

After much protesting, he finally learned never to argue with a pregnant woman they will always win.

And it is just as funny as Jussi guessed it would be. The other mothers get slightly annoyed, but we have a good time.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was a little after two, giving me enough time for a shower.

I painstakingly got out of the nice soothing warm shower. I could care less about getting pruney, I could stay in a shower for hours.

I walked over to the closet and just grabbed a random shirt and jeans as well as a pair of shoes.

I drove Phil's car back to the shop. I laughed to myself on the way there at how it was getting harder to climb into the SUV.

I pulled around back and parked into my spot. Going threw the back door I threw my bag under the counter and the register and grabbed some paper work.

I looked down at the tugging on my pants to see Ava. I smiled and picked her up. "Hey gorgeous."

"We thought we'd come visit Aunt Adel." Kelly smiled. She looked at my jeans and laughed. "How long did it take for you to get into those?"

"Well they used to be big on me." I smiled sheepishly.

"In denial on buying bigger clothes?" She mused.

I went and got a cookie for Ava. "No, I have a pair with the little stretchy things on it, but I missed my jeans." I pouted.

She laughed at my pout. "You do that almost as good as Ava."

I rolled my eyes. "Do you see that? Mommy is making fun of us."

"Eh, that's what you two are here for." She shrugged grinning. "My personal entertainers."

"Glad to be of your service." I said dryly.

"You know, I still have my maternity pants from Ava. I'll bring them by later to Ape's. In no time you'll be needing them." She smiled.

"Yeah?" I asked as she nodded. "That would be great."

"Though, I don't know if my shirts will fit you with twins." She looked at my growing bump.

"Thanks for making me feel so good." I smiled sarcastically.

"No problem." She smiled not feeling sorry at all.

I laughed and felt my belly. "Want to feel them kick. They're fighting or playing or whatever right now."

"Definitely." She grinned and came around the counter.

I put her hand where mine was. "There kicks are still light because I'm not that big yet, but you can still feel them."

"I know, I know. You're not that big yet. Isn't it the wildest feeling?" She giggled. "Just wait until the last two months, if they are anything like the Margera children, you'll never get any sleep during then."

I laughed and bit my lip. "Great."

"So, a little birdy told Jess who told me that you and Bam have actually been getting along?" She asked hopefully.

"I suppose so." I shrugged. "I mean yeah we haven't argued or anything like that. It still feels weird though."

"Why?" She rubbed my stomach.

"It's just." I sighed. "I just can't be myself. I know how it's so hard for everyone to keep this secret, but-"

"You want to tell him?" She asked excited.

"I just don't know how." I sighed again. "And I don't want to ruin what he has going for him."

"Just warning you." She began.

"I already know he's going to be really angry with me." I chewed on my lip finishing her sentence and played with Ava's hair. "I just don't think I can handle him hating me."

"Everything will all work out. Things always do." She tried to reassure me.

"I hope so." I smiled slightly as Ava finished stuffing the cooking in her mouth.

"Just don't land yourself in the hospital again." She teased, but was serious as well. "I don't think we could handle another fiasco like that."

"Bam?"

"Hmm?" He looked up at Missy from his laptop giving her his undivided attention.

"Why did you ask me to be your girlfriend?" She looked into her mug watching the steam slowly rise waiting to hear Bam's reply.

"Because we are having fun and I am happy with you. What's with this question? Aren't you happy?"

She nodded head. "I am. It's just that I know you are also with me for the wrong reasons."

"Name one good reason why I shouldn't be with you."

"Knobs." She smiled at the nickname that the guys opted for her.

Bam groaned. "I'm getting sick of hearing about this Knobs character. He seems top priority on everyone's list lately-"

"With good reason." Missy intervened softly smiling.

"With good reason!? I don't even know the guy." Bam rubbed his face taking a deep breath. "How is this Knobs character the reason I shouldn't be with you?"

Missy put her mug in the sink and walked over to Bam. She placed a hand on his cheek. "Because everything was a whole misunderstanding."

"Missy, you're not making any sense." He placed his hand over hers.

"Just, just go talk to Knobs."

"How can I if I don't know who he is?" Bam closed his eyes trying not to lose his patience. "How the hell do you even know who he is?"

"Talk to Novak. Ironically, he's the one with all the answers." She placed a soft kiss on his lips one last time and pulled away. She walked over to the door and grabbed her coat. "See you around Bam."

"Wait. Wait just one fucking minute!" He followed her out into the cold air. "You're ending these last few great months over a guy I never met!"

Missy turned around and faced him. The March wind blew her hair out of her face. She smiled at Bam; he was going to make a great father.

Bam was right; the last few months were better than great. But, she had no remorse in ending their relationship. She knew she was doing the right thing and that one day she'd find her Mr. Right. And she didn't plan on standing in the way of some one else's.

"Bam, don't worry so much. You don't wear it well. Everything will be all right. Like I said, everything was a whole misunderstanding that was just out of your hands. It will be all right. And I better get a big thank you when you figure everything out." She laughed at his confused face and got into the comfort of her car. Not once did she feel the need to be upset because this felt right and everything was going to be okay.

Bam watched the car drive away from him. What the hell was going on? He placed his palm against his forehead trying to figure out what he did wrong.

Nothing.

He made sure this time he did everything right.

The cold air finally got to Bam, snapping him out of his thoughts he jogged inside.

Misunderstanding?

"Novak!!"

I was startled by the loud knock on the front door. It was only me left just sweeping the floor. Everything else had been cleaned.

I walked over to the door to see Bam peeping through the glass. "We're closed."

Bam played with the beanie on his head. "Just open up Adel."

"Bam, just leave me alone." I walked put the boom back in its corner. After the conversation I had with Kelly, I definitely did not want to face him yet.

"I just want to talk Knobs." He shouted through window and tried to open the door again.

I froze and turned around. "What?"

He said slightly annoyed. "Didn't think I'd find out huh?"

I walked up to the door and smirked at his hopeful face only to switch the sign around to close.

I walked into the employee lounge and got my jacket and purse. I grabbed Phil's keys and successfully made it into the car undetected. I carefully drove still unnoticed out the back entrance and drove back to Ape's.

How the hell did he find out?