My Beloved Monster

054

Image

Bam insisted on driving me to Aschenputtel, which was fine I suppose since Ape wasn't working today and I didn't want to wake her up.

It was quiet in the car for the simple fact that neither one of us knew what to say.

What are we now? Are we even a couple? I sighed as the farmland scenery passed. I guess only time would tell.

I was surprised when Bam still followed me into Aschenputtel after I unlocked the back door. I didn't say anything to him not really minding.

I tossed my bag and coat on the counter in the employee lounge. I made my way into the front and started all the machines and refilled the dessert case.

Bam sat on the chair in front of the cash register not knowing what else to do. "So you do this every morning?"

I slid in a fresh trey of cookies. "No, Lindsey couldn't make it, so I said I would. The other girls should be here in a little while for when we officially open."

The aroma of fresh brewed coffee filled the room. He nodded and swiveled the wooden chair. "Wait, shouldn't you be resting being pregnant and all?"

I laughed. "Probably, but I'm still okay. It's really in the last two months I should really take it easy."

"Adel, I'm here, what do you need me to do?" I heard one of the girls in the back.

I saw cars pulling as another day of customers began. "Just start serving Jamey. I'll open up if your ready." I walked over to the door unlocking it and switching the sign over to open.

"No prob." She smiled straightening out her Dirndl. She looked up and smiled a Bam. "Oh hi."

"Bam this ist Jamie. Das ist Bam Jamie." I introduced the two jumbling up my words.

She nodded and walked over me pinching my cheeks. "You are so cute when you speak like that." I mocked her grin and stuck my tongue out. I heard the other girls in the back getting ready. She patted my belly. "So how are my babes doin'?"

"Good. I feel fatter." I stood on my side for her to see. "Or, am I just imagining things."

"Adel what did I tell you about all those skinny clothes you keep trying to squeeze into." The bell rang as Kelly came through.

"Yeah, yeah. But, they still fit and I still look sexy. " I turned on my side to show her as well. "Kelly, I got bigger right?"

Kelly placed Ava down so she could walk around and came over to me. She shook her head at me and laughed. "Of course you did. I mean there are two in there. And you're what like six and a half now right? You probably will even deliver two weeks earlier."

Ava ran over and hugged my leg. "Hey cutie." I grinned and placed her on my hip. "Aunt Adel is going to explode soon."

Bam watched the women chitchat amongst themselves. He shook his when I stated that I thought I looked fat. He couldn't help but disagree. From the moment I stepped out of that haggard ass truck, he thought I radiated especially with the nice round bump.

He watched as I picked up Ava and swallowed a lump in his throat. I would be doing that with his own kids soon.

His own kids.

The thought was still all too new and sounded funny, but, over all, it didn't sound too bad.

"Hey! How come she goes to aunt Adel and not me?" Jamie pouted.

"Because I'm such a cool aunt." I grinned. "Isn't that right?" Ava reach over and gave me a sloppy kiss.

"She's just brown nosing you because you're her source of sugar." Kelly laughed.

It still surprised him how she fit in so well. Of course to Ape and Phil she was always family. But, it just has never been so clear until now.

"So you're gonna go to your Lamaze class right?" Jamey reminded me.

I groaned. "You just had to mention that awful place didn't you? And I'll be all alone today too."

"What Dico can't come to entertain you?" Jamey laughed.

Kelly rolled her eyes. "I still can't believe that you willingly want Dico to go with you."

"Yeah, but now that I have to go by myself today I don't think I can face those people alone." I smiled bashfully.

"Why don't you take him with you?" Jamey pointed to Bam.

Kelly laughed to herself. "Hey Bam, didn't see you there."

Bam rolled his eyes and got out of the way of another employee and joined the women. "Thanks Kelly. I feel all special now." He stood next to me and just fell right into place at my side. Goosebumps covered my skin as he briefly touched it reaching over to give a kiss to Ava.

"So Bam what are your plans for today?" Kelly asked sweetly.

Bam smirked and crossed his arms. "Let me guess you already have something in stored for me."

"Well you wouldn't mind bringing Adel to her class since she doesn't have a partner for today right? It's not long; trust me. It's like a little over a half an hour." Kelly reassured him.

I turned my attention to Ava embarrassed and afraid of his answer and afraid of even more rejection from him. Jamey rubbed my shoulder and went to serve the caffeine deprived customers with the other girls.

Bam looked at Kelly skeptically not really wanting to do this, but the look on my face changed his mind. He didn't want to disappoint me or miss anything else even if he had to sit through 45 agonizing minutes of some stupid class. He shrugged, "Sure why not?"

I looked up at him completely taken aback. "It's okay Bam really." I said giving him an out so he didn't have to go.

"Adel you should know by now when I say something it's final." He saw the frown on my face and regretted saying that thinking back to the awful things he had said, mainly, at that restaurant so long ago. "With a few exceptions of course." He added slyly and smiled when he saw that I was happier.

"I'm just warning you now that I am only taking this class because of your mom so don't walk in with high expectations of having any fun." I really did not look forward to this class that was twice a week.

"Adel, it is not that bad." Kelly rolled her eyes.

I looked at Bam and rolled my eyes toward Kelly making Bam chuckle. "Trust me it is."

"Well since two don't seem to have your hands full, would you guys mind watching Ava while I go grocery shopping really quick?" She begged us.

I sighed teasingly. "Fine, she'll just have to stay with her amazing aunt and uncle."

Bam smiled wider at the reference of being coupled with me like that in the same sentence, especially when I was the one who had said this. Kelly winked at him having caught the subtle facial change, which made him blush slightly at being caught.

Though, she dashed out of the store before any retaliation could be made. "Here, let me take her for you." Bam held his arms open for his niece. She just clung onto me tighter. "Great I'm not her favorite anymore." Bam pouted insulted.

Maybe it was the hormones, or maybe it was just me, but I just wanted to jump Bam right there or at least kiss those pouting lips. I took a deep breath and smiled handing Ava to Uncle Bam. "Here we go cutie." I opted for a kiss on cheek instead and quickly disappeared into the back room to get the paperwork that I needed to finish.

Bam grinned and knew that stupid grin would probably stay plastered on his face, but he didn't care at the moment because I had just kissed him. He felt slightly foolish about being so excited over a kiss on the cheek, but he was willing to take anything he could get.

Bam snapped out of his thoughts with Ava stared playfully slapping his face and pulling on his hair. Bam poked her nose. "What do you think you are doing? Hmm missy." She threw her head back laughing. He took that opportunity to tickled her neck.

All the females in the room gushed at how Bam was handling Ava. He smiled embarrassed and sat in the corner booth with Ava. I watched form the doorway and silently agreed with those women. I had a good feeling with how things were going to. Hopefully it just wasn't my indigestion that I was feeling.

I placed the crayons and paper in front of Bam and Ava for them to play with and set my files on the side out of her reach. "You want anything Bam I'm going to get a drink before I start?"

Bam looked up into my dark blue eyes. "Yeah, actually, if you don't mind."

"What do you want?" I got up to make my way over to the counter.

"Uh, whatever you're having." He shrugged.

I nodded and got him some strong coffee knowing he probably wouldn't want some decaf iced tea. I set his cup on the counter and grabbed a white honey tea bottle from the fridge. I would crave these things constantly so much that I would order extra cases just for me.

I grabbed a cookie and a small bowel of fruit and carried everything over to the booth. Bam reach over Ava and helped unload my arms. "Thanks." I smiled gratefully and took a seat opposite from him.

"What are those?" Bam looked over the table at the paperwork I began to fill out.

"Oh, just some order forms and fickle things like that." I shrugged.

He nodded. "So since we had last seen each other what has been going on in your life?"

I looked up and saw that he was genuinely interested. I sighed, "Visited my father as you found out in India. He only let me stay until the rain let up. Well I did the competition and just worked for Helga at the flower shop. I wasn't allowed to practice, though I still snuck it in as long as I could." I laughed when I was finally caught. "I was in so much trouble with everyone when they found out. Chaz and I hung around together, while Wolf has been in Australia." I shrugged. "Nothing much too different I suppose other than lugging around two extra bodies. What about you?" I picked at the fruit eating what I liked.

Bam nodded. "Traveling around for Jackass 2, fitting in a few demos here and there. Same old same old." Bam shook his head and laughed. "That was a stupid question."

I chuckled. "Yeah, it was."

"So you're Aunt Adel?" Bam smiled looking at Ava scribbling.

I held the cookie out for her. Her eyes light up dropping the crayons and shoved the cookie in her mouth. "Well, she can only say Ad, but something like that. You don't mind do you?"

"Nah." Bam shook his head. "Why would I?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. "Just making sure."

"So what are you ordering?" Bam drank his coffee.

"My tea." I laughed holding up the glass bottle. "And the usually necessities a coffee shop needs. Like, coffee."

He laughed. "Yeah generally those sort of places need coffee."

"Arsch loch." I rolled my eyes.

"Now, I'm guessing that since you didn't say it in English, it's too harsh for innocent Ava's angelic ears." He smirked.

"Angelic ears?" I laughed.

"Yes." He defended himself since he wouldn't admit that he though it was stupid too.

"So you two seem to be getting along." Jess scooted next to Bam taking his coffee.

"I guess." Bam shrugged and smiled over at me.

I blushed for some odd reason and looked away from his gaze. "So you're taking your daughter with angelic ears away from me?"

He raised his eyebrows looking at me like I was crazy. "Angelic ears?"

"Bam's the one that said it." I laughed.

"I'm not going to even ask." He looked from me to Bam. "Well while Mommy finishes shopping I'm goning to take my princess for some daddy and just his little girl time." He set Ava on his lap and kissed her head.

Bam didn't envy anyone.

Ever.

But, he always envied his older brother and looked up to him and the life he lead.

"You don't seem to be all that welcomed." Bam mumbled to me humored by all the ill stares and glares that I had been receiving since we had walked into the door.

I laughed. "They just don't appreciate Dico's sense of humor like you and I do. That and they find profanity to be very offensive. But, I mean it's Dico, you can't not expect that from him."

Bam laughed as he sat behind me on the mat in the corner next to the window. "So have you been exiled?"

I smiled and laughed with him. "Something like that. But, it just gave us a larger range of fire to work with."

Bam laughed harder only imagining the type of things Dico would pull from back here. "Please tell me that you two taped some of it at least."

"Don't worry there is plenty of footage." I smiled and allowed myself to lean into him.

Bam mentally sighed in relief at this gesture. It gave him hope that I was warming up to him and things would smooth out a little quicker than he had originally thought..

The instructor carefully walked over to us. "No Mr. Dicamillo today?"

I shook my head. "Not today I'm afraid, but he sends his apologies and says that he will more than make up for it next class. The proud papa is here though to take his place." I patted Bam's knee.

He smirked feeling. . . something, but whatever it was, it felt good.

She nodded stiffly handing me what was left of our baby doll and nervously walked away.

Bam cracked laughing. "Good God woman what did you and Dico do to it?"

I held up the battered baby. "Well some how it's in one piece again."

He laughed and took the doll looking it over. It was scuffed up and looked like it has gone through battle. "Dico did a good job I see."

I turned slightly to face him and grinned. "Some people just don't get the game we made up."

"And what would that be?" He smiled wider anticipating my answer.

I furrowed my brows. "Well we haven't really thought up and name for it yet. But, lets just say there is a catapult involved."

Bam threw his head back laughing. "And does dear o' Ape know up this 'catapulting' game of yours?"

"Please, we're not that stupid." I scoffed. "But, we have decided that we're going to have a party and show her the videos so she can be mighty proud." I laughed. "And to see why she should have never sent me here in the first place."

"So there is an evil side to you after all huh?" Bam mused.

"Naturlich." I grinned. (Yeah I know the umlauts didn't show yet again.)

Bam chewed his bottom lip as the German word rolled off my tongue. He shook his head at me amused and clearing his perverted thoughts as well. He didn't need to screw things up by moving too fast. "She's gonna just love that."

"I know. I can't wait until she starts freaking out." I laughed. I took the small camcorder out of my purse. I opened the lens and turned on and handed it to Bam. "Here, you can take over today."

Bam grinned. "Fucking awesome." He zoomed onto the faces of the proud parents to be scowling at his foul language.

I rested against him again as he provoked the other parents bushing their buttons to see how short their fuses were. The instructor came over and handed us a baby bag, two weird key thingy's and a new baby in a car seat carrier.

"What's this?" I asked confused.

She sighed, "Well if you two had been paying attention you would have known that in order to pass out of this class as successful parents. This simulator has to survive until the next class."

"But, that's not until next week." I stuttered.

"That's right." She nodded smiling. "It's only until Monday though, you can handle four days I hope. Especially if you two are going to be having twins."

"Of course we can handle it lady." Bam glared. "What you don't think we're gonna be fit parents?"

She smirked, evilly I might add. "We will find out won't we?" She attached a hospital like bracelet with the key attached to each of our wrists so we don't lose them.

I listened to the confusing instructions as she went through what we would have to do. If anything, they're on tape so we could re-watch them.

"So you'll choose a name and write it on this certificate and will give it back to me when you hand in the baby on Monday. Good luck." She said in a sweet voice, obviously letting us know that she wasn't sincere and didn't think that we would pass.

"We'll show her." Bam grumbled.

I bit my bottom lip in hopes that my smile didn't look too big with the excitement that erupted in me from hearing him say this. "You're gonna help me?"

"Uh, duh." Bam looked at me like I was crazy. He lifted up his wrist. "I'm the father aren't I this bracelet just proves it."

I shook my head and laughed. "Okay so what should we name. . ." I pulled down the diaper. "Him?"

Bam helped me up off of the floor and I picked up the car seat and the diaper bag. "Brandon, no Bam junior." He grinned proudly as we left the class.

"Uh, how bout no." I scrunched up my nose.

He helped me up into the passenger seat of the blue hummer and came around the other side. "Well what were you thinking about calling the twins?" I bit my lip. "Well obviously you were thinking of some names."

"I have, but I don't know if I like them." I shrugged.

"Well let's hear them. I get a say don't I?" Bam smiled at me.

I smiled back. "Okay, it's kind of stupid and I don't really know if I want to do this to our kids, but-"

There it was. 'Our kids.'

And you know what?

Bam truly like the ring of that. He now found himself impatient. He couldn't wait to see what they looked like.

"Bam?" I smacked his arm. "Are you even listening to me?"

He grinned sheepishly. "Maybe?"

I laughed rolled my eyes. "Are you still interested?"

"Of course." He quickly replied.

"Well I was thinking of like Milo and Mila, like our own M&M's." I bit my lip.

Bam choked on his own saliva. That dream.

Was it real? Or going to be real anyway?

"You don't have to die on me you know." I crossed my arms and huffed feeling a bad mood coming that I couldn't control anymore. It was in my hormones hands, er chemicals, now.

"No, it's not that." Bam tried to save himself noticing the sudden change of my attitude. He saw that he was treading dangerous waters and knew one wrong word would get him nose high in trouble. "I just don't know how to breath is all." Bam rolled his eyes at such a lame come back. He was losing his touch all because this woman made him nervous with one icy glare.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, you pick a name." I said hotly.

"How about Tristan?" He noticed my sour face. "Or not." It wasn't the best of names he admitted, but it was hard to think on his feet with this angry pregnant woman about to eat him. "Okay I got it. You'll love this one. How about Emanuel? And then we can call him Eman"

I started to sniffle as a few tears fell down my face.

Bam looked over and noticed. "What the fuck?" He mumbled to himself. "I'm running out of names here."

I shook my head. "No, I like Eman."

"Then why are you crying?" He groaned and turned down a street.

I sniffled. "I can't help it. Didn't anyone warn you I was like this?"

"Yeah." He laughed. "But, I never believed them."

I wiped my tears and looked at the doll. "So this thing is now Eman huh?"