My Beloved Monster

058

Image

"Adel, we need you down here pronto." I heard Lindsey's worried voice through the receiver.

I groaned and looked over at the clock in Bam and mine's room to see it was about a quarter after four. "What's wrong?"

"It's just completely chaotic. I know you shouldn't be on your feet, but one of the girls is just refusing to listen on top of it all. Novak should still be there to drive you if you need him too. Please Adel I just need your help." Lindsey practically whimpered.

I sat up now fully worried and petted Bruno to calm me down. "Don't worry honey. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Thank you so much babe." Lindsey hung up on me.

I looked at the phone suspiciously and threw the comforter off of me. I stretched my legs and stood up hearing my back crack in several places. I walked over to our closet and stripped out of my pajamas. I chuckled to myself how lazy I must seem as I was finally getting dressed so late in the day. i slipped my swollen feet into a pair of flip-flops.

I grabbed my purse with Bruno following me on my heel and called up Novak so I wouldn't have to go around the house looking for him. Bruno has been literally at my feet 24/7 lately, especially since Bam hasn't been around.

I sat down at a chair of the large dining room set to catch my breath. I rolled my eyes at how just walking down the hall was making me tired and making my legs hurt.

"You rang babe?" Novak darted up the stairs worried something might have happened to me. I couldn't help but laugh at his distraught state earning me an evil look. "That's not funny."

"Sure it is." I giggled.

"Yeah that's because your fiance doesn't have your life on the line if something were to happen to you or the twins." Novak's complexion paled slightly, which only made me laugh harder. Bam had threatened Novak if anything were to happen to me while I was in his care, that he would castrate what little manhood he had among other things. "So what's the big deal Adel?"

"Lindsey called asking for me to go down to Aschenputtel pronto because she's in need of dire help or something." I wave my hand around casually.

Novak helped me to my feet hurriedly and did everything, but practically shove me into the car and let Bruno jump into the backseat. "What are we waiting for then? My woman needs me."

I rolled my eyes at Novak, but smiled at how he really did a totally 180 for Lindsey. I blasted the air conditioning as I found it to be hotter than hell outside in the first week of June. All throughout May, I had Bam cool the house down as low as it could go not caring how much the bill would cost or how much everyone was complaining because I would be sweating buckets as the slightest change of temperature making my thoroughly uncomfortable.

"So what's the big emergency?" I shouted from the back room.

"Surprise!" A bunch of people shouted.

I completely freaked out and screamed at the top of my lungs. The coffee shop was covered in baby balloons and other baby themed decorations with a whole stack of gifts piled on a table and food everywhere.

"I could kill you Lindsey for making me worry." I smacked her before pulling her into a hug.

"Yeah you could, but," She plopped something on my head and giggled. "You won't."

Novak kissed Lindsey and wrapped an arm around her waist. "That totally fits you, head on sweetheart."

I took it off and rolled my eyes laughing at the beer hat. Only instead of beer there was milk. "You guys are weird."

"Bam and them will come later when they're done filming whatever for today." She pulled me past the counter where everyone proceeded to rub my tummy and tell me how beautiful I looked.

Everyone was there from the girls that worked for me, Bam's relatives and our friends to. . . "Guten Tag Doll."

"Chaz." I squeezed him into the tightest hug I could. "I missed you so much."

"Well I couldn't forget my doll." He smiled and bent down to pet Bruno.

I laughed and kissed his cheek. "Willkommen in West Chester."

"Excuse me?" A funky mix of accents I recognized.

I crossed my arms and glared. "Wolf."

"Adel." He pouted. "You know I am sorry for everything. How many times do I need to apologize? Besides, I know you missed me and I brought you tons of presents."

I gave him a skeptical look, but a smile slipped through any way. "They better be good presents."

"Naturlich." He grinned.

Chaz elbowed him in the gut. "But, mine are better."

"Gratuliere Adelina!" Marie kissed my cheeks and grinned at my swollen belly.

I hugged them each again. "You have know idea how much I have missed you." Jamie came over and excused me in order make me cut the cake and take more pictures. Ape kept making me show her relatives the engagement ring that Bam had picked out for me. Surprising me even, that he could pick something so elegant out.

Lindsey tapped a fork to her wine glass to get everyone's attention. "Now this is from Dico. Dico said you should know about this and to run the tape even if he wasn't here yet."

I looked at her confused, but buried my head in Ape's shoulder laughing when I saw Lindsey put a DVD in the television in the upper corner in the room.

Dico and I came onto the screen in front of the large glass window of the Lamaze class. Dico looked pregnant as well because he had a pregnancy pouch velcroed to him underneath his T-shirt. "Ape I love you so much, but this was the worst thing you have ever had to make me do."

Ape turned to me. "What did you two do?"

I grinned. "Just keep watching."

"And I could let things continue this way. So we spiced the class up a bit." Dico added and filmed me walking into the class. From there video clips of various creative ways to spice up the class were shown. From the catapulting game to us just harassing the other parents among other various activities we thought up.

Ape tugged my hair and squeezed me in a hug. "Adel! I would expect that from them, but you?" I just laughed at her and hugged her back. I looked up confused when the video was still playing music and then the videos from my sonograms were shown. There were also pictures of Aschenputtel, Bam and I together, or all of us as my stomach got bigger with the twins.

"Are you idiots rolling?" Bam came on looked past the camera.

"Bam just shut up and start talking already!" Raab, who I assumed was filming, yelled at him.

"Fine." He huffed. "Adel, ich liebe dich." I heard Chaz laughing in the background. I turned to look at him in the room and he sent me an innocent look. "Alright, well I probably fucked that up again, but at least Chaz finally told me the right thing to say."

"Yeah, instead of, 'I only have one testicle, but somehow I managed to have kids'." Raab cracked up until Bam ran towards the camera and you could hear Raab groan in pain and Chaz laughing harder in the background.

The camera cleared up from the view of the floor and focused back on Bam. "Well to Milla Constance and Milo Emanuel your mom and dad love you and these guys are always here to punch in the nuts. See you soon little jerks!"

I couldn't help, but tear up as Ape hugged me again. "You didn't tell me you guys picked out names!"

I shrugged and smiled. "Bam had a dream about it a long time ago and it turned out they were already some prospects of my own."

I sighed and had to sit down from all the excitement. "So this is the famous engagement ring he was supposed to show me way back when." Chaz took my left hand and smiled at the ring. "It ist sehr beautiful."

"Danke Chaz." I smiled and chuckled at his broken English. "So you tried to 'help' Bam out?

"Come on, I had to mess with the kid." He grinned proudly. "He should have known that he was asking for something when he asked for my help."

"How did I not know that you guys were here?" I laughed.

"You like to sleep." He rubbed my belly.

"So everything has worked out for you so far." Wolf smiled holding Marie on his lap.

"Like that expression, too far so good, right? That sounded wrong." I laughed that I had obviously made a mistake.

"So far sweetheart." Marie laughed at me. "The expression goes so far so good."

"Close enough." I rolled my eyes. I automatically grabbed Chaz's hand squeezing it as a spasm rolled through my lower back.

Chaz winced as I crushed his hand, but I soon released it as the pain vanished as soon as it came. "Wo fehlt's denn?"

"Nothing, that was just random. I am fine." I shook it off and drank some sweetened iced tea chewing on the ice cubes. I took a paper plate and began to fan myself as the heat was starting to get to me. "Lindsey, can you turn the air conditioning up?"

"Sure thing hun." She smiled and went to go do what I asked.

I looked to the front door when I heard the bell go off. I was disappointed when it wasn't Bam, but grinned and heaved myself off my ass when I saw who it was. "Jussi!" I waddled over and grabbed him into a hug.

"I thought you were large before, but my goodness Adelina." He said in Finnish.

I glared and smacked his arm. "What are you doing here?"

"It is June is it not?" He smirked. "I would have been here sooner, but I had slept too long. Late night with your proud papa is what he kept saying last night anyway."

"How is it I knew nothing about this or all of you being here?" I rolled my eyes dumbfounded at myself that I noticed none of this taking place.

"Kelly would be keeping you distracted, but mostly you were asleep." He smiled.

"In my defense, I could not help it." I smiled cutely and patted my stomach and lead him back to the table to eat and chat with everyone.

"Ich habe Magenschmerzen." I groaned and rubbed my belly to try and subdue the pain.

"What, eat too much Adelina?" Chaz patted my stomach gently.

I grinded my teeth and shook my head as another wave of pain went through me. I grabbed Chaz and Jussi's hand on either side of me trying to get through another spasm.

Wolf noticed the pain in my face and asked Chaz, "Ist das schon fruher einmal passiert?"

Chaz winced in pain as I squeezed his hand and shook his head. "Es war die zweite."

Marie smiled. "Ich rate Ihnen, zum Krankenhaus zu gehen."

I looked up at them worried. "The hospital. No, not yet. Just because this was the second time doesn't mean anything."

Jussi pried his hand from my own. "It could not hurt Adelina."

"No, I'm not ready." I shook my head. "Bam's not even here yet."

Chaz winced as I squeezed his hand again as my back clenched up. "No it definitely is time to take you."

Ape noticed the commotion of our conversation getting louder. "What's going on over here?"

"Adel is refusing to go to the hospital." Jussi informed her.

"She is starting to have labor contractions." Marie added.

I glared at them. "I am fine."

Ape shrieked and pulled me to my feet. People started shouting and Bruno was barking it was all making me dizzy. I leaned on Jussi's shoulder as I was shoved into the back of Ape's PT Loser. "Just try not to break my fingers love, many fans will be angry." Jussi teased.

I glared up at him. "Just for that I will break both of your thumbs and then we shall talk." He smiled weakly at me and just rubbed my back. I turned to Ape sitting next to me. "So was ist the deal?"

"What do you mean, 'was ist the deal'!" She shrieked totally panicking as Novak raced to the hospital. Who ever let him drive should perish. "You are in labor!"

"Why is it that I am the only one not freaking out?" I sighed and leaned back into Jussi. "The only thing I will freak out is if Bam does not come."

I pushed Jussi out of my way when we finally parked. He looked up at me and glared and I just smiled cheekily and walked past him leaving the panicking crazies to sign myself in.

I sighed as they handed my a form; I was really beginning to have a very strong dislike for this place.

"Dunn, where's Bam?" Novak laughed watching Ape stress out Chaz and Jussi. He cut him off when Dunn started to fool around and laugh with the guys in the background. "Seriously dude, not the time."

"Okay, where's the real Brandon Novak?" Dunn asked stumped.

"At the hospital where Bam's fiance has gone into labor." Novak lit up a cigarette to calm his nerves. "Where are you?"

"Shit, we're stuck on 95." Dunn sat up and told the guys in the back to shut up. "Is Adel going to have them right now, now?" Bam, who was driving looked over at Dunn and felt his hands shake in apprehension. He motioned for Dunn to turn the phone on speaker.

"How the hell should I know she's. . .well Adel was right here a second ago." Novak took the phone away from his ear a second, "Hey Ape where is the patient at hand?" He couldn't help, but chuckle as Ape screeched and ushered Jussi and Chaz inside.

"Novak. You have three seconds to tell me where Adel is." Bam warned him.

"Relax, she's signing herself in."

Bam grabbed the phone getting sick of yelling. "Is she okay? How is Adel?" He began to ask a million questions.

"She's actually the most calm out of everyone." He heard Bam sigh in relief. "The only thing that will make her upset is if you're not here man so you better get your ass in gear."

"I'm working on it Novak." Bam said through clenched teeth pressing down on the accelerator way past the speeding limit as he tried to squeeze through the shoulder of the highway. He cursed seeing lights flashing in his rear view mirror. "Fuck."

Novak shrugged looking at the phone used to being hung up on by Bam. He stomped out the butt and followed them in just in time to put Adel into a wheel chair.

I looked up to Novak hopeful. "Did you get a hold of him?"

He smiled and nodded. "He's trying babe. They're stuck in traffic on 95." He frowned at my crest fallen face. "Don't worry, it's Bam. He always pulls through."

"He better." I whimpered as another convulsion went through my lower back.