My Beloved Monster

006

Image

I've been at Bam's house for about a month now and I've never had so much fun in my life. Don't get me wrong, I love ice-skating, but when you're at the level I am at, there is no time for anything else.

Although, I am having fun, I am beginning to get home sick. Truthfully, I've never been away from home so long without having my mum, or Wolf, or Chaz, or even Loring. Who still hasn't called by the way.

I figure I also might be homesick since I haven't skated in a while. Skating is my outlet and with all these feelings being bottled up; I'm drowning.

So today it is a beautiful 92 degrees out. The guys are not home, which is a nice change and with my ankle better I feel like strapping my blades on today.

I just threw my hair in a pony instead of taking a shower, figuring that I'm just going to get sweaty anyway. Tugging on some jeans and a sports bra[/ur]. I sat on the edge of my bed and grabbed my [url=http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/o0Tiger--Lilly0o/Gear/p1241618reg.jpg]roller blades to strap on.

I whistled for Bruno who came charging into the room. I grabbed my I-pod and skated outside. Bam has his on skate park right? So why not use it. Plus its flat and smooth and I can practice my routine for the short.

I'm so backwards. Most skaters have a hard time with the long; I have a hard time with the short program. You are give the maximum of 2 minutes and 50 second to fit a whole bunch of stuff in, with an added artistic twist and looking graceful. All at the same time.

Bruno lay lazily around and went off chasing a butterfly. I loved that about him. He still acted like the little puppy my mum brought home to me three years ago.

I turned up Save Me by the Shinedown on my I-pod so it was the only thing I could hear, put the song on repeat, and began to skate around to the rhythm. I really needed to work on my short program. I know Loring is worried about it. For the short program, there are so many requirements that the skater has to do.

I started off with a spiral step sequence [a series of various spirals performed in a pattern across the ice] working with the large area I had to work with. It felt so good to skate, even on concrete. I almost forgot how it felt.

I did a back flip, which won't be in the program, but was fun to do anyway and it went with the song. So for now, and for fun, the back flip would be apart of my choreography.

I then turned around and did a double axel. [jump that involves taking off from a forward position; thus it is the most easily recognized jump. A skater takes off with his forward outside edge and lands on the back outside edge of the opposite foot. Because the skater is taking off facing forward and landing facing backwards a double Axel consists of 2 and 1/2 revolutions]

But didn't quite make it and landed flat on my back. It stung a little since I was only wearing my sports bra and probably had scraps on my back now. So I started again. I did the step sequence and the back flip, but again slipped on the axel.

Again and again I would mess up on the axel. The sweat was pouring off me. I probably should have taken a water break a while ago. But I was being stubborn and wanted to make this axel!

I took my I-pod out and released the repeat button so it would play any random song. Californication by the Red Hot Chili Peppers came on.

I clicked in on one of the bars that was outside and did a Christ [backslide in which the heel of the non-grinding skate is resting on the front of the sliding skate] and jumped off. I went over to the ramp and did an invert [When you go upside down on the ramp and do a handstand] and rolled back down.

I gained more speed and went up the same ramp, but this time did an indi grab [Where you do a reverse mute on the ramp. ie - if you spin counter clockwise, and grab your right skate mute with your left hand.]

I skated back towards the house where it was flatter. And once again tried my routine. I finally managed the second rotation of the axel and was on the last half on the revolution. But something was stuck in the front bearing of my right skate. Which just so nicely happens to be the foot I land on.

Only this prevented from landing, how convenient for my bearings huh? Note the sarcasm.

Instead on landing and continuing the program, like I wanted to, I jerked and was thrown forward. Landing on my nicely scratched back, which opened and deepened previous scratches and created more. Not only that, my head hit the concrete hard. So I saw a lovely shade of black behind my eyelids.

Driving closer to the house I noticed Bruno pacing, or more what looked like guarding something, down further. When I got closer I noticed it was a body.

Bam's POV...

Adel, no! I shoved the hummer into park and ran down to where she was. As I got closer to her, Bruno started growling at me. "Easy there. Come on Bruno. I just want to help her."

She's still breathing. I noticed and sighed in relief. I slowly put my hands in front of Bruno. He sniffed my hands before he licked them and allowed me to go by.

I kneeled down next to her and check her pulse. I pulled the head phones out of her ears.

Head! Don't move the head! I reminded myself.

She finally moved. God how long has she been here like this?

"Come on Adel. Wake up." I ran me palm over her cheek.

The shadow loomed over me blocking the warm rays. "She alright?" Ville asked.

"I...I don't know." I said honestly, which scared the shit out of me. But I couldn't panic.

Concentrate Bam! Concentrate! I scolded myself.

"Come on Adel. Please wake up. I said please. Come on wake up. Ape's gonna kill me if you don't." I gently ran my fingers through her hair and massaged her temple with my thumb.

Ville saw how worried his friend was and suggested, "Do you want me to call an ambulance?"

"If she doesn't wake up in the next couple of minutes then ya." I nodded.

She moaned and her eyes fluttered open. I have never been happier to see those gorgeous eyes of hers.