My Beloved Monster

008

Image

Rake had to leave to go meet up with his girlfriend Colleen. She's a sweet red head that he's been going with for a while now. But I don't know how she puts up with all his weird...quirks shall we.

"So Bam, how do you know her?" Ville asked as he leaned back in his chair.

"Actually, I grew up with her. Our moms were best friends." He leaned back with his hands behind his head.

"Oh? So she's not your girl?" Ville was a little shocked. Seeing how they were acting together just earlier. Ville saw how worried Bam was for her and how much he cares. He had to smile and bite his tongue from laughing. Bam, for once, doesn't have the balls to make a move. Ville thought to himself.

"Nah, just a friend." Bam pulled one leg up and got comfortable.

Dico rolled his eyes at them and went up to the house to grab some drinks.

"But he wishes it were more!" Dunn intervened.

Bam glared. "Is this true?" Ville asked finding this whole situation utterly amusing. He knew that they were pushing all the right buttons.

"No, besides even if it were, Ape adores her too much for me to screw it up." Bam rolled his eyes.

Dico came back and handed everyone a beer. Raab got out of the pool and reached for a bottle laughing hysterically. "Dude, do you even know what Ape lectures Adel about?!"

"No, what?" Bam asked interested.

Dico accidentally on purpose bumped into Raab causing him to fall back into the pool before he could answer. "She's in a cooking rage." Dico warned changing the subject.

"Yes! Good food finally!" Raab high-fived Novak. Bran and Bam's faces, however, were grim.

"What's about having Adelina cook, I'm not going to be poisoned am I?" Ville kid.

"No her foods amazing, it's just when its a cooking rage , it's because she's upset about something." Bam explained.

"Oh shouldn't someone go help her?" Ville asked being the gentleman than he is.

"When I went in she waved a knife hello to me; I vote we give her space." Dico announced.

"I second that!" shouted Novak.

When I opened the box there was a smaller box on the side and foam bubbles filled to the rim. There were six tall bottles: 2 with green caps, 3 with white caps, and one silver cap. I pulled up one of the green caps and rolled my eyes as I read the label, Jagermeister . There was a note attached to it.

Austrinken Puppe.
Liebe,
Chaz und WOLF!

[Drink up doll. Love Chaz and WOLF!]

I then picked up a white-topped bottle it was champagne. I love the taste of champagne! There was sticky note attached to it as well.

Wir kennen jene Sie Liebe Champagner so wir bekam Sie vier Flaschen davon.Liebe,
Chaz und WOLF!

[We know that you love champagne so we got you four bottles of it.]

I laughed that was so sweet of them. They hate champagne so it was nice of them to do that for me.

These guys were the best friends I could ask for. Wait four bottles? I picked up the silver bottle and laughed. It was Premier Fils Absinthe. There was sloppy scribbles on the note attached to this bottle

Shh! Wolf tut nicht kennen ICH getauscht! *Mdchenhaft kichern* ICH gemustert jene Sie knnte Bedarf welche artig grn Fee Halluzinationen.

[Shh! Chaz does not know I swapped! *Girlish giggle* I figured that you might need some good green fairy hallucinations.]

I cant' believe he actually wrote out girlish giggle, but then again it is Chaz. Then it came to the other box. There was a small card on it too. I opened the box to see a gorgeous pair of new skates; the ones I really wanted too.

There were rare and expensive because it was a recent model that not many skaters know about or use yet. Figure skaters have horrible hip, back, and ankle problems in their life, much later if they're lucky.

It's because the ankle is not allowed to bend and absorb the shock when landing since the skates now keep the ankle straight and stiff. This causes compression and stress on the hips and spine.

But these new high tech skates actually bend with the ankle, but still give support. I tried them on at a store once and they felt so good. I put the box on the side and ripped the envelope open on the side and tugged the card out. It was nothing special, just a simple watercolor of the ocean on the front.

Liebchen Adelina,
ICH bersenden mich aufrichtig Entschuldigungen.
Loring.

[Dearest Adelina. I send me sincerest apologies.]

I was livid. The note was completely informal and does he expect that he can just bribe me?!! And he did not admit that he was wrong. I took out the food I bought yesterday and began making dinner.

I started cutting the marinated steak cutting it into squares and rinsed off the shelled shrimp. I dusted it with season and put that to the side. I took out zucchini, squash, peppers and corn.

I pulled down one ear on ear of the corn and brushed some butter on it. I replaced the ear and wrapped each one in tin foil. I put them on a tray to grill in a second.

My phone started ringing, which was oddly on the counter. I shrugged it off and place the earpiece in my ear leaving my hands free.

"Hey sexy beast." I answered already knowing it was Chaz.

He has the Gone With the Sin ring tone because of his casanova personality. Wolf has The Adam's Family theme song just because he's cool like that. And Loring has the shower scene song from Psycho, the movie.

Dico walked over to the fridge and grabbed several cold ones. I'm guessing for the guys and him. I waved at him. His eyes widen slightly and he laughed nervously as he walked faster back outside. I looked at my hand and saw that I was holding a fairly large knife. I rolled my eyes and laughed a bit.

Chaz laughed, "Hey doll. You get the packaged!"

"Yes! Does Loring really think he could buy me off like that? Am I really that easy!" I started yelling, frustrated, as I grabbed the grill lighter.

"Are you cooking?" he asked ignoring my tantrum.

"I might be?" I said unsurely.

"Adelina! Don't get so worked up doll." He groaned.

"I'm not; I'm just making dinner."

"Sure." he said totally not believing me. "Anyway did you watch the DVD yet?" he asked excited.

"What DVD?" I had absolutely no clue what he was talking about.

"I'll take that as a no. Go through the box; it's probably at the bottom."

I stuck my hand down and started reaching around the bottom of the box. "You mean the one behind all the alcohol?"

I heard him laugh "Who are you kidding; you know you're going to drink it all."

"You know me too well." I said sarcastically.

"Just go get your laptop and watch it." Fine" I sighed I got my laptop and brought it on the padio along with the tray of corn and lighter. I lit the grill and threw the corn on.

"You start it yet?" he complained. "God you're so slow!"

"Oh shut up; I'm multi-tasking here, while you're probably just jacking off!" I shot back finally starting the video. "You guys went white water kayaking without me!"

Instead of working out in a just a gym and swimming; I'll do extreme sports like white water kayaking and rock climbing. "Hey I just film it's Wolf that's the one in the water."

"It's a level five!!" I shriek as I watched the movie. "You went on a level five without me!! I'm supposed to be there too!! Did you just forget about me?" I went on ranting. The guys started giving me odd looks as I went ballistic.

"Hey I taped it for you didn't I."

"Yeah and you came up with that excuse?" I blew my hair out of my eyes frustrated. You see, the guys and I have this tradition, well had, where we would tackle a level five on our anniversary of the day we all met. Except this year those fuckers did it without me. "How can you break this tradition? For seven years we've done this and you just up and do it with out me?!"

"God!! We didn't think that you'd be this upset!" Chaz finally started fighting back for himself instead of letting me do all the chewing. "We figured you wouldn't want us to break a tradition. And Miss Bitchy, it you would have kept watching it had clips from previous years and your first time. Then finally a note from Wolf and I."

"Oops?" I laughed nervously.

"Oops?! Is that all you have to say?" He said much like a parent would when a kid just broke a vase.

"I'm sorry I completely flipped out on you. I've been a little home sick missing you guys and then Loring goes and insults me like this." I said sheepishly.

"Listen doll don't worry about it." He started laughing. "I knew you were going to react this way."

"You did?" I was confused. Wasn't he just yelling at me?

"Yep, and I just won 50 Euros."

"You made a bet on me!?" I asked shocked.

"Yep" He replied coolly.

"You two are so lucky that you are on another continent." I rolled my eyes,

"Why do you think we made it now?" he laughed. "And besides I saved the best gift for last."

I took the corn off with the tongs and put the corn on the tray again. "There's more?"

"Of course we wouldn't not give you an anniversary gift. It's the small box velcroed on one of the sides with a purple bow."

"Velcroed?" I mused.

"Just get it."

I found the box easily. I wiped my hands on my damp jeans. I gently untied the ribbon and uncovered the lid. I gasped. "It's beautiful."

I put the necklace too the side so I wouldn't get it dirty and went back to cutting the vegetables.

"It's real too you know." Chaz said proudly.

"Real silver?"

"No dumbass, my God you are blond for a reason."

"Hey I resent that!" I retorted.

"I'm sure you do." He said treating me like a child. "But seriously it's a leather strap, white gold not silver. And you see all those tiny shiny things?"

"Yeah?" I said looking over my shoulder.

"Those are real pave diamonds reaching 2.60 carrots in weight." I was speechless. "You there doll?" he asked.

My knife slipped, "Fuck." I had cut myself between my thumb and index fingers.

"You don't like it?" he pouted.

"No I love it it's just you chose to tell me while I was using a knife. So now I am oozing blood all over." I winced. "And it hurts too." I whimpered.

"Well what are you still here talking to me go clean up." He ordered.

I nodded, not that he could see me. "Happy Anniversary." I told him.

"Happy Anniversary, I love ya doll."

"I love you too. Kisses."

"And hugs." he finished before hanging up.

I took my ear piece out and put my phone on the counter. It hurt like hell as the water flowed over it. The cut wasn't deep so it wouldn't need stitches. Now to find something to bandage it with.

Good timing. Bam just walked in. "Hey Bam to you have some band aids or gauze" I looked at my hand. "Yeah, definitely gauze." I asked shyly.

He took my hand and inspected it. "Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" He laughed lightly to himself.

He reached over me to the cabinet behind me. I felt my breath get caught as his body heat warmed me from the closeness and his arm gently brushed my shoulder.

I snapped out of my daze as I heard the click from the cabinet door. He grabbed my hips and lifted me onto the counter. I could help, but laugh.

He chuckled at me. "How do you do this one?" He smiled up at me.

"I'm just so hot that accidents are attracted to me. I can't help it." I laughed. "But seriously it was the knife's fault and Chaz's."

He smirked. "And how can Chaz do something to you when there's an ocean between you two."

"He told me that my anniversary gift was real while I was cutting." I pouted. "And knife saw I was distracted and he did this evil menacing laugh before leaping out of my hands and cutting me."

"Oh? So that's what I heard." He laughed.

I nodded my head. "Yup and he even did a battle cry and a victory dance."

"There all done." He tied up the gauze over a band-aid and gave my hand a kiss. "Better?"

"Much" I managed to get out.

"Do you want any help?" He asked and saw I was ready to protest. "Let me rephrase this; I'm helping you."

"Okay." I slid off the counter and straight into his arms since he didn't move. We stood there just looking at each other until Novak ran through and up the stairs naked followed by Bruno running after him. What else is new?

"How about I finish cutting this stuff?" He said breaking the silence. Not that it was an awkward one surprisingly.

"What? You don't trust me?" I pouted. I seem to be doing that a lot today.

"No." He smirked. "I don't trust the knife."

I laughed and got the skewers out. "We're having shish kebobs!" I started placing the vegetables and steak or shrimp on separate ones.

He laughed at my enthusiasm. "What anniversary?"

I almost laughed at his face. It was somewhat contorted; it was just so out of character for him. "To celebrate the night Chaz finally got me in his pants." I joked.

"Oh." he mumbled.

I bumped my butt with his. "Jeeze lighten up; I was only kidding. God strike me if I ever sleep with him." I finally got a smile on his face. "Good you look horrible with a grim look. Don't be so dramatic."

He grinned over at me. "No really tell me."

"A week ago it was ten years since me, Chaz, and Wolf have become friends."

"Wolf? Who's he?" Bam asked curious.

"He's my other best friend. His real names Ernest. He my rock concert buddy. And he'll do the extreme stuff with me. Chaz just films it he's too much of a wuss. Yet, he surfs. Go figure."

"So what were you going crazy for outside earlier?"

I turned the DVD on my laptop. "This. They went without me. That's Wolf, down in the water flipping over." I laughed at this part. "Normally, I would be in my kayak right next to him. We tackle a level five, the hardest and most dangerous whitewater, on the anniversary of when we all met. Us three musketeers you know?"

"You whitewater kayak?" He said in disbelief.

"Yeah here, he said that they have clips of me." I fast-forwarded it a little 'til I found the red and blue tie-dyed of my kayak going over a small waterfall cliff. "There; that's me."

"That's awesome." he grinned as he watched my run.

"Oh no, I remember this one. I lost control. It was my fourth of fifth time ever going at this level, and the kayak got nicked at a rock that was sticking out. Sending me under. I started to panic a bit cause I lost my paddle for a bit. And the number one rule is don't panic."

"So what happened?" He asked, eyes still glued to the screen.

"I got my cool back." He smirked at me. "And, I found my paddle and continued down the river."

"You really are one crazy chick." he laughed.

"Oh you don't know the half of it." I smiled.