Status: Completed

Just So You Know

Part 1/1

Calissa's POV

My dad has always told me that something that started out as a bad thing could turn into something good. I've never believed him, and I don't think I ever will. It started off when he got transferred to Las Vegas, Nevada. He was gonna be the school principal. And I was going to be going there too. That in itself is bad enough. But, as soon as I get here I get on the wrong side of someone. Brendon Urie. He introduced himself, showed me around the school. But then when he introduced me to his girlfriend, I was a complete bitch to her.

I could say that it was completely her fault and people would believe me. She's a stuck up barbie doll who needs to get a life. She's only with Brendon for his popularity. Sorry to be harsh. But thats how it is.

Things got worse from then, I started dating this guy, even my dad told me he was news. But I didn't listen as usual. I let Jake have my whole heart, he tore it in two. I cried for weeks. How could somebody be so heartless.

Brendon tried when he could to comfort me, but then Audrey showed up, and I pushed them both away. I ended up becoming friends with the least liked person in school. I don't know why. Pamela was the nicest person you'd find ever. Just cause someone is gay is no reason to hate them.

I pushed all these thoughts out of my head as I reached school. I took a deep breath and walked in. It was the last day of school before graduation tomorrow. Thats right, I made it right through highschool. I was in even in the year above what I supposed to. I'm seventeen and graduating highschool. Pamela was waiting for me at the front entrance.

"Hey" I said, smiling weakly at her.

"Hey, whats up? You look like a wreck" She said, hugging me lightly. I needed it, thank god for this girl who can read my mind.

"I'm just thinking about the past four years, I'm glad its going to be over soon" I told her.

"Me too, and then me and you driving to California!"

I laughed.

"You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to it" We linked arms and walked to homeroom. We sat in the back as usual. It was pretty much a riot in here, last day of school madness. Oh joy.

"Alright class, settle down, I just have one more boring speech to make" Mr Smith announced, he has a loud mouth for small guy.

"Wooohooo! Go Smith!" Someone yelled. I laughed. Yeah, Mr Smith was the coolest teacher at Palo Verde. I think he was the first teacher in history to make students actually enjoy learning. He was smiling and then he pulled out a piece of paper.

"First of all, congratulations to the freshman for surviving your first year, very well done. Secondly to all you seniors, your gonna be missed here. And as much as you hate school, you made it good while it lasted. And the rest of you. Good luck!" He sat down again. Everyone started clapping. I was kind of sad when I left homeroom to head to drama. It was the only class I didn't have with Pamela. I sat down near the front. Drama has always been one of my favourite subjects. I always thought that if I didn't make it as a writer I'd become a drama teacher. Or maybe even an actress if my luck turned out.

"So, our last chance to speak huh?" I looked up to see Brendon.

"Yup, what do ya know" I said sarcastically. He sat down, pretending he didn't hear me.

"I'd just like to tell you that over the past four year, hundreds of faces that I've had to put up, I'll miss yours the most" He whispered. I didn't look at him. I wouldn't let him get to me. Not again.

"When I'm in LA...."

"Wait, your going to LA?" I asked, turning to him abruptly. I got told to shush by the teacher.

"Yeah, why? You gonna miss me?" He whispered in my ear.

"No, cause I'm gonna be there you dumbass, and now my perfect plan is ruined" I whispered back.

"Whatever, we don't have to hang out. Its just I would have liked the chance to without Audrey being there" He replied.

"Brendon, she's always there. Why do you think you and me have never been good friends?" I asked him.

"So your telling me that if I never went out with Audrey you would have given me a chance?"

"Yes Brendon, I would have. But its a bit late now" He turned to the front. It was the first time I felt bad for being mean to him. But I could for that long. The day just flew by. Before I knew it, I had graduated highschool.

IN LA....

"I can't believe we got the jobs!!!" Pamela said, hugging me tightly.

"I know" I was still a bit shell shocked. Me and Pamela had interviews at the Rolling Stone magazine this morning, unbelievably we got jobs as junior interns there. Which means we still got to interview and write articles, all that jazz. I walked out of the building with Pamela close behind. There was a Starbucks across the road.

"Coffee, my shout" I said to her.

"Sounds good" A loud bell rang as we walked in, but no one payed attention. I guess you'd be used to it.

"I'll take a tall mocha please?" I said, the guy had his back to me. But...

"Brendon?"

He looked slightly embarassed.

"Hi Calissa" He said, smiling weakly.

"Hi again, I didn't know you were gonna be working here" I told him.

"Its just for two weeks until me and the guys start recording our album" He replied, starting to make my order. Actually two. Pamela decided to get the same.

"You got signed? Thats amazing" I said, okay, I've had a change of heart. I even surprised myself.

"Yeah I know, what about you? Are you going to college or anything like that?" He asked me.

"Nope, me and Pam just got jobs as interns for the Rolling Stone magazine" I answered. He looked at me shocked.

"That is so fucking cool!"

"I know, and I'll tell they have to interview Panic At The Disco" I said, giving him a teasing smile. He shook his head.

"Can you come back at four? I'd like to catch up ya know" He said, shrugging. He handed us our coffee. Pamela looked a bit bored.

"Yeah sure, I'll be back at four" I gave him a small wave and left with Pamela. She was glaring at me as we walked out.

"You can't be serious about giving him another chance" She said.

"Why?"

"Because he's never been good to you, what makes you think he's gonna start now?" She asked me.

"Everybody deserves a second chance Pamela" I answered. We walked back to our apartment in silence. She eventually left to explore or something. She was probably off with Jacki, a girl she had met last week. Shee was a bit of a jerk, but she's my friend so I can't say anything. I couldn't wait for it be to 3:30, then I could go see Brendon.

LATER ON....

"See ya Mitch!" Brendon called, walking out, straight into me.

"Shit, I'm sorry" He muttered.

"Its fine Brendon" He smiled and offered me his arm, I accepted.

"I'm staying about a five minutes from here, you don't mind if we go there so I get changed first?" He asked me.

"No thats fine" It was silent on the way there, not awkward though. I was surprised. With our history I thought there would some sort of arguement. But never the less, we had said nothing until he opened the door to the apartment he was staying.

"The guys are living here too, but they have lives" He said, chucking his keys on the counter.

"Oh ok" I didn't care that much. In fact I would much rather catch up with Brendon on his own.

"So what did you wanna talk about?" I asked him, he was grabbing cans of redbull out of the fridge. He handed one to me.

"Us, I mean, over the past four years we haven't exactly been friends"

We both chuckled.

"No, well I think you know why that is" I said.

"I know, but she really wasn't that bad once you got to know her" He replied.

"Oh so her calling me a whore didn't make her a bad person? Or making fun of your other friends behind your back?" I asked him.

"Yeah but, there's other things..."

"What? She had a great ass? Even I could see that. Doesn't mean I'd go out with her" This was not going the way I thought it would. Okay, maybe it was. Doesn't mean I wanted us to argue.

"She was the first girl to notice me! She looked past the glasses and the fucking braces. She didn't give about the fact that I was a nerd."

"You weren't a nerd, you were one of the most popular guys in school if you hadn't noticed"

"It was fake and you know it"

I rolled my eyes. I knew he didn't care about popularity. But despite that, he still used it to his advantage.

"Then why didn't ditch her for just one day to hang out with me? Or even somebody else? I talked to Ryan, none of them liked her. You could have made things right alot earlier Brendon" I started to walk away, but he grabbed my arm, pulling me back.

"Do you wanna know the real reason I asked Audrey out?"

I didn't, but I said yes anyway.

"Because I didn't think I had a chance with you, I thought somebody as smart and as beautiful as you would never give me the time of day. And it turned out I was right..."

"You've said enough" I said, cutting him off.

"No, I'm not finished. You had the chance too, you could have done so much more?"

"Like what? Tell you how I felt? Telling that I was completely in love with you would have no difference Brendon. You would have gone back to that slut any day!" I yelled. Finally, I had said it. I felt free, like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I breathed out slowly while Brendon stood there opened mouthed in shock.

"You were..."

"In love with you, but don't waste your breath anymore. I know its useless chasing after you. Especially when you don't feel the same way" I left before he had the chance to say anymore. I walked all the way home, I felt better than I had in a long time. Pamela was home when I got there.

"Why are you so happy? You didn't fuck him did you?" She asked me. I laughed.

"No, I just...finally got something off my chest. I feel so much better" I answered. She gave me a hug.

"I'm proud of you..." There was a knock at the door. I got up and answered. It was Ryan Ross.

"Holy crap!" I gave him a tight hug, causing him to laugh.

"Hey cutie, how's it going?" Thats what we called eachother, don't ask why...no wait, everyone knows that Ryan's adorable.

"Not bad, I just saw..."

"Brendon, I know. He just called me" He said.

"Oh..."

"Are you really in love with him?" He asked me.

"Yeah"

"Good, your coming with me then"

"If you don't take care I'm coming after your ass!" Pamela yelled as we left. I just laughed.

"Do I really have to come with you?" I asked Ryan as he opened his car door for me.

"Yes. You just don't drop a bombshell like that and expect him to sit there like a fool waiting for you" He answered. I shut up and got in. We actually talked the whole way there. Ryan knew well enough to know that I needed to be distracted right now.

We got there and he just dropped me off.

"I'm off to meet up with the guys, but don't wait up!" He yelled. I gave him the one finger salute and walked up the stairs. I knocked on the door. Eventually Brendon opened up. He looked very surprised to see me.

"Hey" I said quietly.

"Hey, come in"

I walked in.

"I was watching something in my room, up for a movie?" He asked.

"Yeah" I nodded. He showed me his room. We sat on the bed together, but he didn't press play.

"I didn't expect that you know, I never knew you felt that way. I would have dumped her straight away. I don't know if you noticed but I've been in love for the past four years" I cupped his face in my hands, making him look at me.

"Why did we waste all this time?"

"Because were both stupid" He answered, shrugging. I chuckled.

"Lets not waste anymore of our time" I whispered. He got my meaning and leaned towards me, I closed my eyes as his lips connected with mine. I'm not romantic, but it was the most magical moment in my life. As our kiss deepened I fell more and more in love with him. It must have been hours before we came back for air.

"I love you Calissa"

"I love you too Brendon"

"Lets just hold eachother forever" Brendon said, cuddling me tight. The thought gave me butterflies.

"I like the sound of that" And I realised I was ready to start a new life and forget the past. I finally had something good, I knew my life was going to good because Brendon Urie was in it.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? lol. Hope you guys like this :)

- Kristal <3