Status: (:

She Dances to His Beat

Chapter Three.

"Sorry I'm late" I told Zack, gingerly stepping beside him, looking out the window of the small café. When he didn't reply, I turned my head towards him and studied his features. His brow was cocking up, and a few wrinkles were etched into his fore head. His eyes didn't look that same dreamy blue they always did.
"Aaliyah, not again." he said, sighing.
"What?" I asked, confused. I was getting slightly annoyed, I had a long day dancing, which takes a lot of energy must I add, and he was also spoiling my bubbly mood. What had I done?
"You know what. I can't take this Aaliyah"
"Zack, I actually don't understand what your talking about, please tell me.." I pleaded.
"Last Saturday." was all he replied. I tried to think back to what happened last Saturday,but nothing came to mind. Wait! Wasn't Jennifer's party last weekend? What happened then..? Oh, God, no. NO, no, no, no, no!
"Zack..I was drunk. You know how I get when I'm with Jen.." I trailed off, even wondering if this was worth discussing. Just as I contemplated getting up and leaving, I remembered how much Zack helped me, and how happy he made me feel. I wasn't about to let that go without putting up a fight.
"You still did it! I shouldn't have let you go.."
"Excuse me? Zack, you can not tell me where to and not to go. Even if you had told me not to, I would have still went. Your not my father."
"Your right.. even if I had told you, you would have went. Because look where that got you now, Aaliyah. You ran away from home!"
"Don't you dare get that into this! Zack, I've been so nice to you, I don't understand. Were not going out, I don't get why I have to explain myself to you. All I did was hook up with a guy, who I'm most likely not going to hang out with again. And who are you to criticise? Your the one you always has random hook ups?!" This was getting way out of hand now, whatever I did in my life was no concern of Zack.
"I'm just looking out for you Aaliyah, I'm sorry if you don't appreciate that." I don't know if Zack was meant to make that sound sincere, but it sure as hell didn't.

Picking up my bag, I kicked the chair back and shot up from my chair. I pulled out a few dollars to pay for my drink, and walked out of the bar. Zack was plain annoying right now. How did I not see that before? He was the type of guy Justin always would keep me away from. Sweet, cute, obsessive and clingy. Terrible.

~
"Jen, he's so..ugh! I don't know!" I told Jen into the phone, now in my apartment.
"Told you. Don't worry, now your free of him, we can go out and have some fun! Find you a hot guy!" she laughed, probably already planning a perfect night out, then falling home with cute guys into our beds. The usual she liked to do. I loved her,really. No matter what, she had my back.
"Alright. Oh, I gotta go, I'm starving so I think I'm gonna go down the block and order something from that salad place. Bye!" I replied, dropping my phone into my hand bag that was on the table. Stuffing some shoes on my feet, I grabbed my bag and keys, and my precious camera. It would come in handy.

~
Walking through the dead alley way of the park, I took many snapshots. They were so perfectly dull, it was beautiful. Almost brought a tear to my eye. I always looked to photography ever since I came to New York, it was so calming. And an amazing way of making money, must I say. I enjoyed sending some of my pictures to arts magazines, and some even became covers. But I knew it was only a hobby, and it was most likely my name that got them there, not the actual pictures. Although must I say, they are quiet impressive.
On my way back home, I put my camera around my neck, letting my long hair sway in the rythym of the wind, and covering my camera. My stomach suddenly growled, and I remembered the first reason I actually went out. Deciding I would stop by and buy some salad in the near by store, I crossed the road.
I put a $20 dollar bill in the cashiers hand, and waited for my change. Walking out of the shop, I spotted a boy. He was around my age, and he was beautiful. My camera swung into my arm, reminding me it was there, like a secret sign. I stopped and picked up my camera, focusing it. He sat down on near by steps, his hair swaying in the light breeze that had picked up. I snapped a good few pictures, until I realised he was staring at me. I quickley picked up my shopping bag, and turned the opposite direction, realising it was going to take me at least another extra 10 minutes to get home if I went this way.
Sighing, I quickened my pace, eager to get home and eat. And to check my email like I did everyday.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this one's slightly longer? Hope you enjoyed :D comment? I would love for anybody to mail me and give me some ideas on what they would like/ think is going to happen? :)