‹ Prequel: Take My Hand
Status: Active. (Comments will be needed to get more updates.)

The Story Left Untold

Disneyland.

[JACK]

I had to leave her. I had to let her go. There was no way I could continue lying to her. It was unfair and I don’t know why I did what I did but at least I did what I had to do. I saved her from enduring more pain. Now I know she’s going to be hurting for a while. That’s sorta why I chose to ride a plane to some other state which I haven’t really decided on yet instead of riding the bus all the way home with them. Alex was joining me so I guess I wasn’t completely alone.

I can’t even begin to explain how much pain I was feeling right now. The pit of my stomach has been churning for the last few hours because of the guilt I held inside of me. What I did was completely and utterly wrong and nothing I can do will ever be able to make it up to her. I don’t even know how I managed to let it drag on this long. But the worst thing is that she doesn’t even know why we can’t be together.

Brittany means the world to me and I love her to pieces but sadly everything we went through, everything we did together, they were all lies. But she doesn’t know that. Only I do. And I don’t understand how I managed to keep a straight face after everything I did. I guess for a second I forgot exactly what was supposed to be going on and lived in the moment.

But was I wrong to do so? Forgetting about it made me happier than I have ever been and I never would’ve traded the time I had with her with anyone or anything else. I think I may have loved her in a way. Wait, I do love her and I don’t think anything will change that.

“Hey, cheer up,” Alex said nudging me as soon as we found our seats on the plane.

“Dude, what we did to her was wrong. We should’ve never done that,” I told him feeling too guilty of myself. I felt like leaving her like that – without telling her exactly what was going on – was by far the worst thing that I – Jack Bassam Barakat – have done.

“You never acted like this when you were with Kristy,” he muttered as he looked out the window.

“Kristy was different, okay? I thought you understood that,” I was beginning to heat up all over again. I took in big breaths as Alex rolled his eyes.

“Whatever you say,” Alex said putting on his seatbelt as he saw the sign flash.

I did the same thing and knew that I was in for a ride that I’d probably regret forever. Rian was probably going to tell her or maybe Zack was. They knew about it and I just wonder why didn’t stop me from making the biggest mistake of my life.

“What was going to happen if I chickened out of our stupid bet again?” I asked with a big sigh.

“Well, you’d clean my house and be my personal slave for a month,” he reminded me.

“And if I didn’t?” I asked completely forgetting about the bet we made. It seemed like years ago when we agreed to doing this but truthfully, we only agreed to this a week before I moved and became Brittany’s neighbor.

“Free trip to Disneyland,” he said as if it were the most obvious answer in the world. “Don’t you remember suggesting that?”

“How the fuck did you get me to agree to that?” I said louder than my usual tone earning a few dirty looks from the people who were on the plane.

“Dude, you were pretty wasted when we agreed on this bet,” he told me, “We both were.”

I didn’t remember anything at all. Alex only reminded me on the last day of tour when he showed me this ‘Contract’ that had my signature on it. I didn’t really read through it. The only thing that popped in my head when I saw the piece of paper was that I agreed to actually play a girl just to get back at Kristy and make it as real as possible. The only problem was that I really did fall in love and the girl I played on was not worth the bet. She was worth way more than that fucked up bet and I wasted my chance with her just to show that I wasn’t one to back down. But I was telling the truth when I said that I didn’t know what was in it for me. I just wish I did because I would give up everything just to rewind time and make things right.

“This is too fucked up for me to handle,” I told him and he looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

“You actually like her, huh?” he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

“Of course not, because it really wasn’t obvious,” I said in the most sarcastic tone I had in me.

“What? I thought it was all part of the act,” he said in all seriousness. Sometimes I don’t even know why I still tolerate this guy. I mean I know he means well but sometimes…

I shook my head as I shut my eyes. I didn’t want to live in this messed up world anymore. Who knew one tiny bet could ruin everything? I surely didn’t. I mean everything was going alright for me and I was finally getting over Kristy but it all had to be a lie. I guess I’m more fucked up than I give myself credit for.

Fuck that. Fuck all this. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

[BRITTANY]

When he left, he tore me apart. He left me broken, fragile and torn. He left and gave up on me – on us – and acted as if nothing that happened between us was real. And sadly, nothing was.

When we reached my house, I grabbed all my bags and said goodbye to Rian, Zack, Flyzik, Jeff, Evan, Vinny, Danny and Colussy. I unpacked as soon as I reached my room but as soon as I unzipped my bag, I saw a piece of paper. It was almost as if someone stuffed inside in a hurry. I reached for it and opened it up and saw that it was a contract between Alex and Jack. The very sight of his name made my heart droop even more if that were humanly possible.

I read through the whole thing and ripped it into pieces after the very second I read the last word. I can’t believe I actually fell for everything he did and said. I thought we were real. I thought he loved me. I thought that forever would be possible for us but apparently what happened between us was nothing but a part of a play that only he knew about.

I was nothing but a worthless bet to him. And what’s worse is that he traded me for a fucking trip to Disneyland. Who does that? I just can’t believe that I meant nothing; that we meant nothing because every bit of what I felt for him was real.

He used me for his entertainment and I let him use me without question and without doubt. Was he that great an actor? How the hell did he keep a straight face and how in the world did Alex get Jack to agree to this? Did he poison him? Did he make Jack drink some brain-washing potion?

I thought Jack was a decent guy. I thought that maybe he wasn’t one of those jerks who used girls just for the sake of winning bets and what not. I thought he was different. But I thought wrong. Everything about this situation was wrong in many ways and I got myself caught up into this mess.

Why did he have to move here? Why did I have to help him with all his shit and care about him? Why did I fall for him and why did he have to come into my life the way he did? I would’ve been fine without him. I probably wouldn’t have a summer that entailed so many things and experiences but I wouldn’t feel disgusted of myself either.

I gave myself up to him and what did he do? He threw me aside. For what you might ask? DISNEYFUCKINGLAND.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! Sequel's here!
I have no idea how you guys are gonna take this but I hope you tell me via comment because the story line is still twistable [haha crayola :)) ] at this point.

COMMENTS PLEASE!

btw, the winner of the layout award is allzac!
I didnt really specify on whether you can comment once or twice so I guess her comment counts as 300 however the 301st commenter on Take My Hand can also win a layout for as long as that person hasn't commented on the 38th chapter yet.

5 comments will unlock the next one :)
read,comment,subscribe.