‹ Prequel: Take My Hand
Status: Active. (Comments will be needed to get more updates.)

The Story Left Untold

Someone Else's Arms

Alex cleared his throat as I tried to regain composure. My heart’s pace kept gaining speed that it was hard to take control of my senses. I got up a little eagerly and tried to walk casually to the bus door. Even I could tell there was some awkwardness in the way I placed one foot in front of the other. But then again, I did have a really bad limp so I guess it’s not that noticeable.

I took a deep breath before making my way through the small hallway. Turns out that Jack was our surprise visitor but as soon as he saw me, he smiled and wrapped me up in his arms. He probably didn’t see anything – which is good.

“You shouldn’t be standing like that,” he said, leading me back to where Alex was.

“Why are you back so soon?” I asked, feeling really uneasy. If we really did end up kissing with Alex, everything between Jack and I would’ve been ruined. But why do I really care? I mean it’s not like we were together or anything…

“I was worried.” He sat me down on the couch and took the space beside me.

Alex was nowhere to be found. I wonder what he’s thinking about right now. If we really did kiss, would it mean as much to him? How exactly would it affect him? I let my thoughts run around in my head nonstop. I didn’t even realize Jack was talking until he waved a hand in front of my face.

“Hey, were you listening?” he asked, regaining my attention.

“Sorry, I sorta zoned out.” I can’t believe I actually did that. I mean it wasn’t long ago that I wanted everything to be right with Jack. What happened?

“It’s okay,” he smiled as he paused. “You should get some sleep though.”

I allowed him to take me to my bed and closed my eyes for a while but I knew I couldn’t sleep just yet. I mean I was pretty energized after sleeping the whole day. I was just about to get back out when I heard Alex and Jack talking in whispers.

“Did she ask for anything?” Jack asked Alex, showing his deep concern.

“Nope,” Alex replied casually. I heard Alex walk towards the bunk right across mine.

It took all the courage in me to open the curtain a little but I was still afraid. What if Jack was right outside?

The bathroom door opened and shut. I took that as my cue and moved the curtain to the side so I could see outside my bunk. Alex gave me this look that I couldn’t decipher. But whatever it was, it definitely wasn’t meant to be a friendly look. It was a look of longing. I didn’t know what he was longing for exactly but I think I had a crazy idea.

I mouthed an ‘I’m sorry’ to him but he merely shook his head. It was so hard to talk to him. Everything was so weird between us. I said good night to him before closing the curtain. I know sleep was going to be difficult but I couldn’t do anything else. I just hope tomorrow will be a different day.

JACK

Something about her feels different. I mean I don’t know what it is but it seems like she’s a little disconnected. A while ago, I was telling her about what happened at the club but she didn’t seem interested at all. Normally, she’d lend a listening ear to everything I say. I thought she was just tired but when I talked to Alex, he was just the same? Is there something I’m missing out on here? Alex doesn’t have feelings for Brittany, does he? He could be with Brittany if he wasn’t my friend but he was my bro and he knows how I feel about her. Would he really go that far?

Days have passed and the thoughts are only growing in my head. I thought it was a short-term thing but apparently, they’ve been giving off the same kind of attitude all week. I won’t say I’m not annoyed because I really am. But at least I can control my emotions. I wouldn’t want to burst out like a beast and embarrass myself. I’ve had too many encounters with drama and I really don’t want to experience another déjà vu.

I woke up at ten in the morning. It was weird that I had gotten up extra early but I felt like sleeping would be a waste of time today.

The smell of butter and toast surrounded my nostrils as soon as I got out of my bunk. I peaked inside Brittany’s bunk to see if she was still inside but she wasn’t. I walked casually to the kitchen and grabbed myself a piece of French toast and a glass of milk. Today seemed like a good day.

“So where are we headed today?” I asked Flyzik as soon as he walked into the room.

“Well, we’re headed to Orlando.”

I actually knew we were headed to Orlando. That’s why I thought that this could be a good day but I just wanted to hear someone say it so that I’d know I wasn’t dreaming. But then again, maybe I shouldn’t be that happy that we’re headed to Disneyland. I mean Disneyland is what ruined my relationship in the first place. Why should it be my favorite place?

“Hey Jack!” a chipper Brittany limped into the kitchen. “Are you excited?”

I didn’t know what it was that made her switch back to normal but then again, maybe this is a great day.

“Good morning,” I greeted as she sat next to me. “How’s your knee feeling?”

“Better now, thank you,” she said, grabbing a fork from the side and stealing slices from my plate. “I hope you don’t mind. I’m really hungry.”

I smiled at her saying that she could have it. Maybe it’s not too late to fix things. It’s probably time I start doing something to win her back.

“You want a glass of milk?” I asked as soon as she finished my breakfast for me.

“I’m sorry,” she laughed. “I didn’t really mean to pig out. Or maybe I did…”

I chuckled at her and handed her the glass of milk. “Drink up. You’ll need it more than I will.”

“Thanks,” she smiled as she drank. Once she finished half of it, she took the glass away from her lips where a milk moustache was born.

“Nice stache,” I said, grabbing a table napkin from the dispenser.

She seemed confused about the situation but as soon as I wiped it off her, she thanked me with a smile.

I kept my eyes on her the whole time wondering what might happen if I connected our lips right this second. But wondering wouldn’t get me anywhere so after a 5-second headcount, I went for it and brushed my lips with hers. Three seconds later though, she squirmed and pushed me away. I was startled by her reaction and I waited for an explanation.

“I’m sorry Jack but I can’t,” she said, covering her mouth.

She ran off to the hallway as I followed her but when I saw her, she was wrapped in Alex’s arms and Alex gave me a strong glare. It’s barely 11 in the morning and my day’s completely destroyed. How fucked up is that?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay. I'm trying to update more soon so don't worry. Keep commenting, subscribing and reading! I'll be waiting for feedback! Hope I get more than 3 comments this time.