‹ Prequel: Take My Hand
Status: Active. (Comments will be needed to get more updates.)

The Story Left Untold

Something Stupid

[JACK'S POV] 

When she ran away from me, I thought I felt my heart shatter into pieces. Apparently my face wasn't the only thing that was experiencing pain. Don't get me wrong though, her slap hurt like fuck but it couldn't match the pain I was feeling inside. Like the hole in me never really fully filled up like I thought it did. I guess it was only a placebo kind of thing when I told myself that I was fine. I thought it for a while but I guess I never really was. 

I thought by playing it cool, I'd be able to get her back but what I didn't know was that she was just like me - pretending that everything was fine and like nothing in the world could bring her down. But we all know that that isn't true. 

As I thought of what I had said to her, I realized that she really wasn't the one to be blamed for running away. I mean I can't just ask her if we could be friends like that. After everything I did, it'd be a miracle for her to agree to ever see me as the person she once thought she knew when we were on tour together. She probably wouldn't look me in the eye and tell me she loved me ever again. Although I still hope and pray that she might change her mind. 

"Dude, snap out of it. You're creeping all these people out," Alex complained. 

I just stared at him blankly before shaking my head. "Whatever man, I need some air," 

I got out of my seat from the table that was set out in the backyard of the frat house we just jammed in and started to round the house so that I was in front of the house. 

I was about to start walking when this girl bumps into me. She was intoxicated to the point where she was laughing to herself loudly.

"Whoops," she said sloppily as she giggled, "I'm sooo sorry," she dragged her words around like rag dolls. It was annoying.

"Um, are you okay?" I asked. I know that getting her to answer that in a sensible way was a long shot but whatever.

"I'm Sophie and I'm really glad to meet your gorgeous face," she said patting my cheek twice as she hooked her arm around my and dragged me to a certain direction.

"Where are we going exactly?" I asked wanting to stop her from pulling me along but I didn't need to cause a scene so I just went with the flow.

"To my apartment," she said as she started to skip. 

"Who says I wanna go there?" I said pulling away as soon as we were out of the people's sight.

"Me," she said casually and hooked my arm once more. "My boyfriend and I just got into a fight and I really wanna do something stupid," 

"What?" I asked. I mean who does that? When two people fight, shouldn't they try to make things better instead of complicating it by doing something stupid?

"Well you heard me," she said marching down the pavement as if she owned the whole damn road.

"Do you know who I am?" I tried to clarify. "I mean I'm not exactly a college student. In fact, I never even went to college,"

"Oh shut your blabber-box," she said getting annoyed. "I know exactly who you are and I know you won't care who I am after what unfolds tonight so my boyfriend -- when he finds out -- won't need to cause a scene here on campus." Well to be honest that was kinda smart buy I didn't want to get played especially if it's like this. This was just fucked up like to the maximum level and I needed to get out of it before it fucked me over. But I probably fucked myself up already by trying to help this Sophie-girl out.

We arrived in front of her building and was about to go inside but all of sudden her phone rang. 

But since she was drunk she put it on loudspeaker so that she could hop around while she answered her phone.

"What's up, Britty-baby?" she asked as soon as she answered.

"Where the hell are you?" the voice sounded all too familiar. Could this be the same Brittany that's been wandering inside my mind for the past few hours?

"I'm outside the building enjoying the breeze," she seemed less drunk that she was talking to her friend.

"I'm coming down to get you," 'Britty' said slamming a door shut and thudding down steps.

"Oh please hurry before I do something stupid," Sophie said trying to impersonate a damsel in distress.

Suddenly, I felt the need to run away. I knew who this Brittany was and I didn't want to cause any more trouble tonight. I didn't want to have to think about another event that would probably haunt me until I die. But my feet were stuck on the ground as soon as I saw her face come out of the glass door that was blocking the lobby from the front steps. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" she asked furiously as she rushed down the steps to get Sophie away from me.

"Oh, you know him too?" Sophie chimed in all of a sudden.

"Just to clear the air, I didn't come here because I wanted to. She dragged me here and I did not know that you guys were friends," I said but she didn't seem to want to believe it. I didn't know if she did or didn't though. 

"Come on Sophie," she said yanking on Sophie's arm but she didn't seem like she wanted to go anywhere. 

"I want an explanation," Sophie wiggled her eyes at Brittany.

"Let's just go, please," she begged but Sophie hid behind me causing Brittany to clench her jaw tightly.

"Look, I'm sorry about earlier. You have every right to be mad at me and you can decide when not to be angry anymore but I just want you to know that I'm waiting for you to give me another chance to prove myself once more," I thought out loud catching both of them off guard. 

"That guy who played you isn't the kind of guy that I am," I continued, "and I know that you have no reason to believe me but just know that whatever I say now is out of honesty and sincerity and I meant it when I said I was sorry," 

"Sophie, I need you to go up right now, I'll explain everything later," Brittany said.

Sophie followed Brit's directions and went up the steps and inside the door. Once the door closed, Brittany shook her head at me.

"What do you really want me to say, Jack? Answer realistically because we're not in the world of fantasies and fairy tales here," she said with authority. 

"I can't decide for you because I'd probably make a biased decision," I told her as she rolled her eyes.

I needed more hope in me but I really couldn't see any light in this situation. Where did all the good things go? Why are they all hiding away? I'm stuck in a really awkward conversation with no plan in mind of making it somehow easier. I should probably just turn away right now before more feelings get hurt but my feet seem to be stubborn today. Oh well...

[BRITTANY'S POV]

I didn't want to keep fighting anymore. Hearing him being sincere just made my heart fly. I may have an extremely rough and mean facade but inside, I was slowly dying because I longed for his touch. I longed for him -- for us.

I don't know why I needed to be so stubborn before I showed him that I still felt the same way. Maybe I just want to get back at his stupidity by doing the same thing but isn't that sorta dumb? I mean shouldn't I at least see if he's worth another shot? 

After I thought about the whole situation when Trevor left, I realized that being with Trevor would only hurt him and waste his time because there was no way I was over Jack. I couldn't just make Trevor a rebound after everything he told me. That would just tear him apart and no one should have to feel this kind of pain. And when I say no one, that includes Jack.

I really don't understand why I'm in such a forgiving mood but I needed that feeling I felt when I was happy -- when I was with Jack where everything felt right. 

Jack stared at me with such sad eyes waiting for my response. I went up to him and he cringed before I moved a muscle. I half smiled at that before cupping his face in my hands and crashing my lips into his.

I knew what I had to do if I thought I regretted my decision and right now, it didn't seem like a foul thing to do. Sophie's do-something-stupid theory might not be that reckless after all. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I had mixed feelings about this one. I hope you guys tell me how you feel about this. I don't want to be the only one with opinions about this so feel free to comment. I accept both good and bad so just leave a comment once you're through reading :)

Oh and sorry for not updating so much. I'll be sure to write more soon unless of course I don't have any comments to motivate me :))

Read,comment,subscribe.