‹ Prequel: Take My Hand
Status: Active. (Comments will be needed to get more updates.)

The Story Left Untold

Torn

[JACK'S POV]

That night when she told me that she wanted to be with me again was most probably the best night I've ever had in a while now. I practically hopped back to the hotel where we were staying at all high and drunk from that one kiss that grazed my lips. 

When we parted from that kiss, she smiled and walked back into the building and in that moment I saw that I had been right all along. I knew we were meant to be together. 

I woke up the next morning as if I couldn't wait to start the day ahead of me. We had one more day here at NYC and I needed to take this chance to ask her to be mine once and for all. Well with what happened last night, I couldn't really foresee anything that could possibly go wrong so I'm keeping my hopes up high knowing that the clouds will welcome them with open arms. I don't think they even have any but no one really cares right now. 

Today was a Saturday and universities usually have their breaks at this time of the year so it can't possibly be hard to reach her, right? I mean she isn't studying...is she?

I shook every inch of doubt in my body as I got out of the shower. I changed into some decent clothes -- a JAGK shirt and some board shirts -- and was soon on my way to see the girl I loved. 

This sounds so much like a fairytale bur I knew by heart that this was real and nothing -- no matter how gay I've been sounding -- will stop me from getting where I want to be. 

I parked the car we rented out in the parking lot of NYU and tried to recall the path to her building but as soon as I hit the lobby, she was standing right at the bottom of the steps fidgeting with her sandals. 

"Hey," I said casually as I walked up to her.

She turned around with fright and her eyes got all wide. "What are you doing here?" she whispered finally getting her foot in place.

"I came to see you," I said with a smile as she shook her head and rolled her eyes in disapproval.

"But you can't be here," she said still in whisper mode. I was beginning to feel like if she talked loud enough, someone would storm in and take her away from me.

"Why not?" I whispered back just to play along.

"Brittany, you ready?" a male voice -- coming from behind me -- asked.

"Just a sec,"she said running a hand through her hair nervously. "I'll be right out. Just wait in the car,"

When the guy went away, she sighed and confronted me. She bit her lip as she thought of her explanation.

"So...?" I pressed on not wanting to leave the situation as is in the state it was currently in.

"So last night didn't really mean anything," she said trying to sound bitter but she way too transparent to have me fooled. I saw right through the face she was trying to put on and knew that she was indeed lying not only to me but to herself as well.

"Really? You're just gonna say it like that to my face?" I asked clearly getting ahead on the frustration. 

"Jack, I thought about what happened last night and regretted what I did. I can't be with you right now. Our worlds are just too far apart from each other and if we were to try and coexist by living them together, they'd only end up falling apart," she said metaphorically.

"Where the hell is that shit coming from? And what have you done to the Brittany I love?" I asked with a fierceness in my voice that I haven't really tamed for a while now.

My words were like knives cutting through her skin. I could see her breaking from inside. I knew she didn't want to be here right now and that someone was waiting for her but I wasn't just going to let her go without explaining to me fully about what's really going on.

"Jack, you're going on tour soon and I have classes starting as well. We can't all live like you. Not all of us can spend our time entertaining other people for a living. I mean I have a future planned ahead of me and I can't just throw that away," she said checking the clock on the far end of the wall.

"What about the future you have with me?" I said lowering my voice down a little. 

"Jack, there was no future to begin with. I didn't see one then and I definitely don't see one now," 

And just like that she tore me apart all over again.

[BRITTANY'S POV]

I knew what I had to do and luckily I did it without breaking down. 

Jack looked torn. He looked so devastated and I can't say that I was satisfied with what I did. I never intended to hurt him that much but I guess that's what you call karma -- a big fucked up pain in the ass. 

Trevor waited patiently in the car as I walked through the parking lot. He smiled and opened my door from the inside. I thanked him as soon as I got in and then we were on our way to the beach where we would meet up with Sophie and Chase. 

I swore I'd stop thinking about the situation and luckily Trevor didn't ask about it but it wouldn't stop eating all the other thoughts in my head. The thought bubble inside my head was only getting bigger and bigger and it was hard to shove aside. 

Last night when decided that it was time Jack and I got back together, I kissed him and then left but once I got back to our dorm, Sophie was waiting at the door with her hands crossed over her chest waiting for a rendition of the story behind what went on between Jack and I. So without further adieu, I told her. Everything.

She listened and she let me speak. She gave me my moment to shine and by the time I was through, she had her time to yap about what an adventure I've had stating that she was jealous beyond anything you could possibly imagine. I told her she was crazy for thinking that what happened was a good thing.

That night I thought about it right before I went to bed and just like that, it clicked like a switch. I couldn't spend my life with a guy like Jack. I mean with everything moving so quickly in his life, it was hard to catch up. I wanted a moderately-paced life. Not too fast and not too slow. I didn't want to take nosedives into every event life might throw at me. Thinking about it was scary already. 

But then again, maybe I'm just making excuses. Maybe the real reason why I didn't want to be with him was that I was scared to let myself love or let alone live. 

He tore me apart once and once is enough to last a lifetime.
♠ ♠ ♠
FILLERRR.

Read,comment,subscribe. (: