Status: November 18: Permanent hiatus.

Lights, Camera, Action, or A Mix Thereof.

007; Where Are My Pants?

The sun was beginning its rise into the sky when Frank rolled over onto his back and opened his eyes, yawning widely. Gerard was still fast asleep beside him, strings of drool stuck to his cheek. Smiling, Frank averted his eyes to the huge LED clock on the wall that broadcast both the time and the temperature outside.

Apparently it was fifteen degrees Celsius outside. It was also eight fifty-five. The store opened at nine o'clock. Frank ran this thought through his head for exactly twenty seconds, which was when his eyes grew huge and he leaped off of the bare mattress, reaching for his clothes.

"Fuck!"

"What is it babe?" Gerard asked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"The store opens in five minutes, we're still naked and I can't find my fucking pants!"

"Jesus Christ!" Gerard screamed, jolting off of the bed as well and scavenging for his clothes. He managed to get his bottom half on properly but ended up stuck in his t-shirt, with his head through an armhole.

"How did you lose your pants?"

"I don't know, you're the one who ripped them off!" Frank replied, pulling his boxers on. As soon as he got his head in the right spot, Gerard frantically gazed around, very aware that the clock was slowly counting down. Just when he thought Frank was going to have to hide under the bed all day, he spotted a piece of black material dangling from the top of a nearby bunk bed.

"Your paaaaaaants," Gerard said in slow-motion, flailing his head in the direction of them. Turning around, Frank catapulted off the mattress and landed on the top bunk, yanking his pants on just as the front doors automatically unlocked to let in the first customers of the day.

"We did it!" he cheered, pumping his fist into the air. Not even two seconds later, his joy was interrupted by Jimmy's voice screaming out of the PA system.

"Gerard Way and Frank Iero, report to Jimmy's office!"

"Didn't we hear that a few days ago?" Gerard asked, finding his missing shoe and pulling it on.

"Yes and it's probably not the last time either," Frank said, pumping his fist one last time before he skipped toward Jimmy's office. Tousling his hair, Gerard followed. When he reached the office, Frank was only standing with his head tilted in front of the double door, which was now covered in drawings of rather obscene stick figures.

"Is that one supposed to be Johnny?" he asked, pointing to one.

"Jimmy?" Gerard called, looking around for any sign that the manager was about. Instead, the bottom section of the door opened inward and Zacky crawled out. His hair stuck out in every direction and his shirt was on backwards.

"God, I'm so tired," he groaned before looking up at Frank. "Are you Jesus?"

"Uhm, no."

"Is Gerard God?"

"Of course he is," Frank smirked, winking at Gerard.

"Okay, that's what I heard last night," Zacky said. Before he could say anything else, Jimmy opened the top section of the door and it swung outwards, smacking Frank in the face.

"Oww, motherfucker!" he yelled, instantly collapsing to the ground.

"You're both fired!" Jimmy roared before Gerard had a chance to properly react to anything.

"Why?" he asked, pressing his hands to his temples.

Who cares why, you're just fired! Zacky, get back in there!" He gave Zacky a hard kick to the sternum and managed to slam both doors shut simultaneously. Gerard sunk to the ground beside Frank, who was still rolling around and clutching his face. He didn't know how to react. The furniture store had been his life for no less than two years. It was all he could remember. Without it, he would be hopeless. He would have to create a brand new routine. What would he do?

"Oh my God... I'm fired," he whispered, clutching his head tighter. "I'm fucked. I'm so fucked."

"Who cares?" Frank snorted, having gotten over his injury. Rolling his eyes, he took Gerard's hand and dragged him toward the front entrance of the store while Gerard continued to babble. "Besides, I didn't even get fired!"

"Frank, Jimmy said both of us were fired."

"Oh Gerard," Frank sighed, taking his boyfriend firmly by the shoulders and giving him a shake. "It's impossible to fire someone who wasn't even an employee." At this, Gerard's face turned red and a substance that suspiciously looked like smoke, but that could have been melted brain matter, began to leak from his ears.

"What? How the hell does that work?"

"Simple. I just told Jimmy I was new and he automatically assumed that I worked here." Gerard tried to find words but there were none. He simply stood there, gaping like a fish at his boyfriend (or whatever Frank was). It took him five minutes before his mind finally latched upon words that would do the situation justice.

"You... you sneaky bastard!" he finally spat out. Frank only grinned and dragged him out the front door of the store, waving at the customers who were staring at them. Once they were outside and standing on the sidewalk, Frank pulled his nametag from the pocket of his shirt and shoved it in Gerard's pants.

"Have a present," he cooed. "Maybe it'll make you feel better!"

"Aw, you're sweet," Gerard sighed, wrapping his arm around Frank's shoulders. "Do you wanna go now?"

"Only if I can go home with you."

"Oh fine," Gerard groaned, leading Frank in the direction of his house. He was too stressed and confused to truly care.

"So Gerard, what are you going to do now?" Frank asked, one hand in the back pocket of Gerard's pants.

"Get another job, I guess," Gerard sighed, taking one last look back at the furniture store. Even though it was a truly hideous building, with its obnoxiously bright sign and concrete walls, he missed it already.

"Can I come with you?" Frank pleaded, pulling Gerard's face back so that he was no longer concentrating on the store.

"No," Gerard said but he broke after only a minute of Frank's puppy dog act. His huge eyes and floppy lip bored into Gerard's soul until he couldn't possibly say no.

"Fine, but please don't get me fired again," he groaned, continuing to walk.

"I won't get you fired Gerard, I swear!"

For some unknown reason, Gerard chose to believe Frank. Despite the fact that Frank was a huge ball of energy that couldn't be contained, he chose to believe that Frank would not act up at whatever job Gerard landed next. For some reason, he chose to believe that Frank would actually behave.

It was a decision he would regret almost immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Now, you probably weren't expecting that, were you?

But don't worry! The calamity will continue! We may even meet a certain brother of Gerard's who works at a library...with those huge ladders. ;)

xo.