You Stole My Heart

Doce.

“But Johnnyyyyy,” Marco, Jimmy, and Frank whined together.

“Nope, I’m not going to do it,” Johnny said sternly, trying to concentrate on the baseball game instead of the three children in front of him.

“C’mon man, grow a pair!” Jimmy shouted.

“Yeah! What he said!” That caused everyone – including the silent group of everyone else in the room - to look at the young child. “What?”

“Do you even know what that means?” Frank asked.

“Nope, but Jimmy’s always right,” Marco piped up.

“Remember that in the future. Like, when you’re a teen,” Jimmy joked, winking at her. He turned back to his bassist with a scowl. “C’mon dude, you need it.”

“Jimmy, for the last time, I’m not going to ask Tay out.”

“Oh yes you are,” Marco growled. Johnny raised an eyebrow at her as she sat silently for a moment. Then she let out an ear piercing scream. Everyone covered their ears, Frank and Jimmy literally diving away from her.

“Stop it!” Johnny screamed, his ears tightly covered by his palms. But even with that the cry was still eardrum breaking. Marco continued to scream, taking breaths that only lasted a moment. After four screams in a row Johnny broke. “Fine, fine! I’ll ask her out!”

“Today,” Marco demanded without missing a beat. He gave her a weary look which caused her to take in a deep breath. He quickly covered her mouth before she could start.

“Fine! We’ll go right now.” Marco clapped her hands together before shoving Johnny’s hands off her mouth. She grabbed his hand and led him outside. Frank, Jimmy, Gerard, and Brian followed in tow and walked out of Zacky’s house – where they had migrated after the diner.

“Should we go with?” Bob asked.

“Hell no. Marco and Brian are going to make sure he does ask her out and the rest are just going for the show. I’m staying here and watching my damn game,” Zacky huffed.

“I gotta agree with Zack,” Mikey piped up, shoving his glasses further up his nose. Bob, Ray, and Matt shrugged and leaned back in their seats.

- Time Lapse -

“Well get in there!” Brian stated, shoving Johnny towards the store. He quickly took a step back to eliminated Brian’s efforts. Gerard, Jimmy, Frank, and Marco sat at the table next to them, all staring at the front of the door and each with a smoothie in hand.

“No. I said I’d ask her out today, didn’t say when,” Johnny muttered. They could all clearly see Tayler who was loading the shelves with toothpaste boxes in the left side of the store. Today she wore light blue Bermuda shorts, a white tank, black zip up hoodie over that, and white slip on Vans. Her hair was down today and pin straight. She wore just the lightest bit of eyeliner to emphasize her eyes. But then again, Johnny might have just been staring too hard.

“Well you have five minutes before I shove you in there,” Brian warned, sitting next to Jimmy and picking up his own smoothie. Johnny continued to watch Tayler through the huge, glass windows. A fellow coworker - only way he knew was because of the nametag she wore – walked up to Tayler, beginning to talk to her and hand her boxes from the bigger box on the floor. Tayler found something the other girl said funny because she tilted her head back and laughed. Johnny took a deep breath before walking through the entrance of the store. A small cheer came from the group still sitting at the table.

“Five bucks says he wusses out,” Jimmy whispered to Gerard.

“You’re on,” Gerard agreed. Inside the store Johnny was slowly approaching the two women. The coworker, Andrea – at least that’s what her nametag said -, noticed Johnny since Tayler’s back was to him. She smiled and excused herself, heading over to the counter to silently watch too. What no one but Tayler knew was that Andrea had watched them the other day and wanted her to go after him to ask him out.

“Uhm – h-hey Tay.” Tayler turned around from her spot on the ladder, a little shocked to hear Johnny’s voice.

“Oh, hey Johnny.” She gave a wide smile and nervously tucked some hair behind her left ear. She carefully navigated her way to the ground again. “What’s brings you around here? Forget something for Marco?”

“Oh no, no. She’s fine. I was actually here to see you,” Johnny explained nervously.

“Oh?”

“Yes. I was actually wondering if –” Johnny cut himself off, sighing and running a nervous hand through his hair. Taking a deep breath he looked back into Tay’s eyes. “Would you want to go out sometime?”

Tay’s face broke into a bright smile. “Of course!”

Johnny’s heart soared at this. “Really?”

“Definitely.”

“Oh wow. Okay, awesome. Here, let me give you my number.” They traded phones, programming their numbers into each other’s phone. Outside the store Jimmy was groaning taking out his wallet. He slapped a five dollar bill into Gerard’s already awaiting hand.

“Thank-you sir,” he chuckled, shoving the money into his pocket.

“Yeah, yeah,” Jimmy muttered. Johnny and Tay gave back each other’s phones, pocketing them.

“When do you get off today?” Johnny asked.

“I get off at seven.” Johnny looked at the watch on his wrist, seeing it was actually four o’clock.

“Cool. I’ll call you and get you around eight, okay?”

“Sure. Bye Johnny,” Tayler said with a wave.

“Bye.” He left the store with a wide grin. When he reached the table they began to cheer and pat his back. Marco stood on her seat so that she was at eye level with Johnny.

“Told you it would be good if you asked her out,” Marco teased. Johnny rolled his eyes, picking up the girl. She wrapped her arms around his neck and legs around his waist. “So when are you guys going out?”

“Tonight.” He turned to the group. “Can you guys watch Marco?”

“Sleepover at Johnny’s house!” Frank and Jimmy screamed together.

“Well come on! I need to get Johnny ready and give him tips! Onward trusty steed!” Marco yelled, pointing dramatically towards the exit of the mall. Johnny rolled his eyes, but headed out anyways, the rest of the adults in tow as they talked about their plans for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank-you for commenting: hachie, standXaloneX13, KellShadows, surfergirl and angry_kaulitz. Awesome, two updates in a twenty-four hour period! I wouldn't have even updated so soon if I wouldn't have stayed home sick. So I got the update out, but I'm sick as fuck. Oh well. ooh! If anyone is willing to make me a banner I will love you forever <3 Comment please.