You Stole My Heart

Catorce.

“Well I’ll see you again sometime Johnny. Text me tomorrow, okay?” Tayler asked as she got out of the truck as Johnny held open the door for her.

“Definitely,” Johnny agreed, shutting the door. She waved as she paused from walking into her home. Once he returned the wave, she disappeared into the brick home. Johnny unconsciously smiled as he headed around to his side of the still running truck. They had only gone out to dinner at Oliver Garden, but they had hit it off greatly. Tayler was such fun to be around that Johnny never had his dating jitters.

“Oh no,” Johnny groaned as he pulled into his driveway. In the lawn was broken water balloons and a few paintball pallets. The only word going through his mind was disaster. He slowly turned off his truck and sat there for a few moments.

“I can do this. After all the stuff I’ve gone through with the guys the past couple of years, I can handle anything,” Johnny said, coaching himself. Finally he got out of his truck and headed into the house. “Hey guys I’m –”

Disaster was exactly the word to describe the state of his home. Tables were turned over, paint and water covered the house, and things were tossed all over. The footprints of paint led the way the group went, the backyard. He followed it, avoiding stepping on the wet paint. He almost wanted to laugh out of fear. Paint handprints were on the sliding glass doors. He used his elbow to push open the paint covered handle.

“What the hell have you done?!” Johnny screamed. Everyone in the backyard froze in the middle of their actions. Everyone was covered in paint from head to toe. Paint covered all furniture in the back, his house, and even in the pool.

“I can explain everything,” Jimmy started. Johnny held up a hand, cutting him off.

“Where is Marco?”

“Here I am!” Marco ran up and hugged Johnny around the knees. He had to hold back the groan he had as the paint all over her body smeared onto his pants.

“What happened?” Johnny groaned.

“Here’s what should never happen again –” Marco paused to wipe the paint off her eyes with her already smeared hand. “Never leave me home alone with all of them.”

“Oh no worries there, they’re never going to watch you, at least at my house. Everyone get out.” All the adults’ faces dropped, their eyes wide.

“Johnny, you can’t –”

“No, I am serious Matt. Everyone get out.” He picked up Marco and walked back towards the house. “I’m going to give Marco a bath. By the time I’m done you all better be gone.”

“Do you want us to –”

“No, I don’t want to you try to fix anything. Somehow you will probably all mess it up even more.” With that Johnny crossed the threshold and started up the stairs. Marco was still silent as he walked into his room and into his bathroom. He placed her in the center of it as he started to fill the tub with warm water. “Don’t touch anything. I’ll be right back.”

“Okay,” Marco said meekly. Johnny headed back into his room, tossing off his paint jeans and pulling on plaid pajama pants. He tossed off his shirt before heading into Marco’s room. He pulled out a nightshirt with pandas all over it and new underwear. When he reentered his bathroom Marco still stood in the same spot. He placed the clothes on the counter and turned off the water.

“C’mon, we need to get you out of these clothes,” Johnny said sternly. She nodded and allowed him to help her out of the paint ruined clothes. He tossed it into the separate walk-in shower, deciding to deal with them later. He placed her into the water before sitting next to the tub Indian style. He tilted his head down, holding it up by his forehead with his palms. His elbows rested on his knees as he studied the floor.

“You’re angry aren’t you?” Johnny lifted his head at the small voice. Marco’s head studied the bubbles that Johnny had added in while it was filling. She poked the rubber duck that had recently been sitting on the edge, making it fall in. Jimmy had placed it there two weeks ago, but since Johnny rarely used the tub he had never moved it.

“Actually, yeah, I am,” Johnny replied, deciding he had enough of trying to lie to make Marco feel better. He was in a bad mood and Marco already knew it. Lying would be absolutely pointless.

“I told them we shouldn’t have done it, but I got caught up in it,” Marco explained weakly. Johnny stayed silent, grabbing a cup off the counter. He filled it with the warm water and dumped it on top of her head. The blue and pink that had clung to her hair came down in thin streaks over her body. He groaned, reaching for the shampoo bottle in the standing shower. He squirted some into his hand and scrubbed it into her hair.

“Close your eyes.” She did as she was told and Johnny began to rinse out the shampoo. Those made the remaining paint come out with ease. He then conditioned her hair, letting her know she could open her eyes when he finished. She did, her hazel eyes wide with tears threatening to fall. Johnny sighed, placing down the cup and resting his head on the edge of the tub, his eyes closed. “What’s wrong?”

“You – you’re angry at me,” Marco sniffled. “That means you don’t like me.”

“That doesn’t mean I don’t like you Marco,” Johnny sighed. He picked his head back up and grabbed a cloth resting on a pole. He took it and scrubbed in some body wash. The only thing he had was Axe, but Marco had to get the paint off of her. He took her arm and began to clean off the paint and replace it with bubbles. “It means I’m disappointed you didn’t step away from what happened.”

“I tried but then Jimmy –”

“No Marco. Step one in adulthood, you can’t blame someone else for your mistakes. Take it from me, I already learned that. You are as much to blame as everyone else is.” She nodded, falling silent again. Once Johnny was sure that the paint was only in the water, he made Marco stand up. He pulled her out and wrapped her in a towel, drying her down. He then helped her into her new clothes. “C’mon.”

Johnny led her into his room, placing her in the middle of his bed. He grabbed a comb and sat behind her, running the comb through her hair. As he unknotted it he dried it once in a while with the towel. Once he was completely sure he had her hair at least halfway dry and straight, he tossed the towel in the hamper.

“Am I safe to assume no one fed you?”

“We’re going to, but Bri – I mean, we got busy,” Marco replied. He motioned for her to follow him. Johnny headed down the stairs with the young girl on his heels. He was pleasantly surprised to see that his rooms had been put back in order. Paint had been cleaned as much as it could, a few spots still faintly visible on the walls, floors, and a couch. He walked into the kitchen to see that it was spotless. He pointed to the stool at the island, Marco obediently climbing up.

“I hope you like ravioli,” Johnny said, pulling out the can from the cabinet. He pulled open the easy open lid, pouring the contents into a bowl. He covered it with a paper towel before popping it into the microwave. Johnny then leaned on the counter across from Marco.

“I’m sorry Johnny,” Marco whimpered. He looked up to see her wipe at one of her eyes with the back of her hand. He sighed, walking around to the other side to wrap his arms around her shoulders. Marco buried her face into his chest as she continued to cry, her tears covering his bare chest.

“It’s okay Marco,” He said quietly, running a hand up and down her back for comfort. Just then the microwave beeped, letting him know the food was done. He grabbed the bowl and placed it in front of Marco. He tossed out the paper towel and gave her a fork. He walked over to the living room where a note sat in the middle of the coffee table.

“Sorry we ruined your house. Hopefully you won’t hate us for this too long. Love, everyone.” Johnny scoffed, crumbling up the note. He tossed it into a trash bin as he left the room. “Real mature guys.”

“I’m done.” Johnny looked up to see Marco sitting with her hands in her lap. Only half of the food was gone. Johnny was going to urge her to eat the rest, but decided against it. He shoved the rest down the garbage disposal, flipping the switch to tear it apart beneath. Once the bowl was clean and in the dishwasher, Johnny motioned to follow him again. He walked into her room and placed her on the bed.

“Goodnight Marco.”

“Night Johnny,” Marco replied quietly as she laid down. Johnny flipped off the light before mostly shutting the door, leaving it cracked open so the nightlight in the hall still flowed into the room. He walked into his own room, turning off the light. He crawled under the comforter, his head resting on the pillow with an arm across his eyes.

“This is just too much.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting: KellShadows, surfergirl, Dark Passion Play, Dannie Blaze!!, hachie, angry_kaulitz, and violetriddle. Just one more week of school and Christmas break! I am sooo excited. But anyways, yay! New update! I made myself feel bad since Johnny got angry at Marco. Comment please <3