You Stole My Heart

Deiciseis.

“Look at that fucking duck! I told you there was a stallion duck Marco!” Jimmy shouted as he pointed at the huge white duck that was running from the yelling man. Marco laughed, watching as Jimmy’s instincts finally snapped and he chased after the giant duck.

“Is Jimmy always like this around ducks?” the ten year old asked curiously.

“Only that one,” Matt replied. The four adults who weren’t chasing an animal were sitting on a picnic table. Brian and Matt sat on top of the table while Johnny and Zacky sat on the bench the other two’s feet rested on. Pretty much everyone was in a good mood. Well, minus Johnny. To say he was nervous about tomorrow was an understatement.

“Hey,” Johnny looked up at the voice. Zacky offered his younger friend a sympathetic smile. “Think on the Brightside man, maybe we won’t find anything. But either way you need to live in the moment.”

Johnny nodded his head, offering a weak smile in return. “I know.”

“There’s a playground here?!” The group heard Marco shout. They looked over to see her running towards the playground that was tucked away in the park. Johnny ran after her, picking her up from around the waist. Marco let out a squeal and hugged Johnny’s arm. “Put me down!”

“No way missy. We’re going to the swings and you’re gunna like it.” Marco gave no protest as Johnny slowed to a jog as they neared the swings. He placed Marco on one which caused her to grip the chains. Johnny gave her a light push, slowly making her go higher and higher.

“More!” Marco cried of excitement. She felt as if she went just a little higher the swing would flip. Johnny thought so too.

“No way kiddo. This is high enough,” Johnny said firmly, pushing her to maintain the speed she had.

“No fun!” Marco pouted. Then she hatched an idea. She waited until she was as high as the swing allowed her before jumping off. Just the angle she flew off Johnny knew she wouldn’t be able to land it. He began to run forward, hoping to catch her. He wasn’t quick enough. Marco fell hit the wood shavings on her knees, falling forward and rolling a few times. She managed to roll the five feet to get to the sidewalk, scraping her hands and cutting two holes in each of her jeans’ knees.

“Oh fuck,” Johnny muttered as he kneeled down to her height. Her palms were bloody and her knees weren’t any better. The crimson began to bleed into the yellow, making a disgust slight orange. “Are you okay?”

“I’m f - fine,” Marco replied, her voice cracking a little. Johnny’s heart swelled at the sight of the girl’s eyes brimming with tears. Just then is when the rest of the guys appeared out of literally nowhere.

“What happened?” Jimmy asked worriedly as Johnny pulled the girl to his chest, Marco burying her face into his shirt. Johnny picked her up, being mindful of her hands and knees.

“She jumped off the swing and scrapped herself up,” Johnny replied, heading off to Matt’s BMW where he knew a first aid kit was under the trunk’s paneling. They had gotten into a lot of fights before so everyone learned to carry a first aid just in case. The guys decided to stay back and let Johnny - who usually became the nurse anyways - handle it. “How you holding up Marco?”

“I’m okay,” she whispered. Johnny pulled open Matt’s trunk and set Marco on the ground as he pulled out the kit. He then placed her on the edge of the trunk, opening the box. He wiped away a few stray tears and smiled at her apologetically.

“I’m going to have to pull your jeans up over your knees so I can fix them. It might hurt a little.” Marco nodded and gripped the edge of the trunk. Johnny folded the pant leg once so it went half way up her shin then folded it up again so it was right below her knee. He looked at her and she nodded, urging him on. He folded up the pant leg, the rough material gliding over it. Marco hissed as the material and cool air hit the scrap. On the other leg Johnny did the same thing, making another hiss escape the girl and making Johnny wince.

“I have to pour peroxide on your hands and knees. It’s also going to sting, but I have to or it will get infected.”

“Okay,” Marco whispered. Johnny took out the brown bottle and screwed off the cap. He first poured it over her hands. She let out a cry before biting her lip tightly. Johnny gave her a sympathetic smile as he placed a big Band-Aid on each palm.

“One more time, okay?” Marco nodded, closing her eyes and gripping the vehicle tighter now that her hands were wrapped up. Johnny poured the clear liquid and waited until it turned white and bubbled to put Band-Aids on her knees.

“Done?” She asked quietly.

“Done,” Johnny stated, shutting the first aid box for extra effect. She cracked her eyes open and smiled weakly as Johnny picked her up and set her on his hip. He shut the trunk and headed back to where he could see the guys sitting at a picnic table.

“She survived?” Matt joked as Johnny stepped into view.

“Yeah I did! What do you think I am, some kind of baby?” Marco remarked, crossing her arms and narrowing her hazel eyes into an adorable glare.

“Well compared to me you look like a baby,” Jimmy pointed out with a grin. Marco jumped out of Johnny’s arms and ran up to Jimmy, smacking him on the back of the head once she climbed onto one of the seats. She let out a yelp when the hit hurt Jimmy and her hand.

“I hate you!” Marco said firmly, sulking and walking back over to Johnny to hide behind his legs. Jimmy let out a dramatic gasp.

“No! My best friend hates me!” He threw his hands into the air before slamming his head onto the table and covering it with his arms. It fell silent for a few moments before Jimmy sat back up. “Well I can see no one cares.”

“Not really,” the rest of the guys said slowly with a shrug. Jimmy huffed and crossed his arms, looking away with his nose in the air.

“Well I’d be damned.” Everyone turned around to see Tayler standing there, a young boy hiding shyly behind her legs. She, shockingly, wore her hair down, showing it reached just below her shoulders. She was also dressed in a black sundress with black heels that raised her an inch which made her the same height as Johnny. “If it isn’t Johnny and Marco themselves.”

“And Brian!” Brian piped up. Matt and Zacky both smacked him at the same time, Matt hitting his head while Zacky hit his shin. Brian held his head and hunched over in his seat.

“Of course. Brian, Matt, Zacky, and Jimmy, right?” Everyone’s mouth fell open.

“How’d you know?” Matt asked.

“Well Brian just gave himself away, but last night we had a conversation on friends. Naturally you four came up and with the bits and pieces I got it wasn’t very hard to find out,” Tayler replied with a shrug. She felt a tug at her dress and looked down at the little boy. “I’m sorry bud. Everyone this is my nephew Phoenix. Phoenix I’d like you to meet Jimmy, Brian, Matt, Zacky, Johnny, and Marco.”

“Hello,” the five men spoke in unison, each offering a smile. Marco leaned around Johnny to get a better view of him. He had grey-green eyes and short, black hair that just reached his ear. He was dressed in blue jeans, black Converse, and a black shirt sponsoring Metallica.

“I like your shirt,” Marco said suddenly, coming out from behind Johnny with a grin. He shyly smiled back, looking over her clothes.

“I like your hat,” he spoke quietly.

“Wanna go play?” Marco asked, waving a hand towards the playground. Phoenix looked up towards his aunt with a questioning face.

“Go ahead honey,” Tayler urged. He nodded and hesitantly took Marco’s outstretched hand. Once his was securely in hers, they ran off to the play equipment only ten feet away.

“Ah, young love,” Zacky sighed. Everyone but Tayler turned to give him a look that clearly read he was senile. “What?”

“He’s right. Phoenix is only ten and a half and acts like a shy five year old. Marco’s managed to bust him out of his shell,” Tayler mused, sitting on a bench near the occupied picnic table.

“She’s ten, boys should be nowhere near her mind,” Johnny groaned, sitting next to Tayler.

“Don’t worry. She’s not thinking about it now but I am,” Tayler said, mischief sparkling in her eyes. Johnny sighed, covering his eyes with his arm. Now Tayler was playing matchmaker with two ten year olds. That’s peachy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting: hachie, KellShadows, violetriddle, angry_kaulitz, surfergirl, xXcrazy-desiXx, and Nia_Flores. So I wanna say that I'm going to be grounded and won't be able to update for a while ('cause that's what my mom's saying right now), but honestly she can never make up her mind. I'm also suppose to be gone and without internet starting Wednesday until I dunno when, but that might change too, I dunno. So for now pretend I will disappear off the face off the Earth for a while. Comment please tho <3