You Stole My Heart

Veinticinco.

It had been a week since the two of them had met Detectives Carson and Hughes. True to his word, Detective Carson had kept them up to date on everything. Marco’s real parents were arrested in one day and three days later they had been convicted for life with no parole. Two days later, yesterday, Marco’s case was brought to a judge to be called in for court today. The reason, Marco’s custody.

Johnny pulled up his black tie, it snuggly fitting around his neck. He examined himself in the mirror. A white button down shirt, a black vest with black tie, black slacks, and big, shiny black shoes. Over the back of his office chair was a black suit jacket. He sighed, running a hand through his hair. He had cut off his Mohawk, just leaving short hair he had bleached. Luckily his tattoos were completely covered so he didn’t look like a trashy guy.

“Are you ready man?” Johnny looked up to lock eyes with Jimmy’s blue ones. Jimmy was dressed as professionally as Johnny was which was extremely odd for the drummer. Jimmy grinned at the nervous Johnny, shutting the door as he walked in.

“I feel like I’m going to throw up,” Johnny said honestly. Jimmy patted him on the shoulder with a bright smile.

“You’re going to be fine. They’re going to find you a suitable guardian and you’ll be coming back with Marco. It’s no sweat, bro.” Johnny chuckled, picking up his coat.

“I’m glad one of us is super confident. I need one of us to be,” Johnny replied. He pulled on his jacket before buttoning the three near the bottom. He held out his arms and grinned. “What do you think?”

“You look like a nerdy business guy,” Jimmy remarked bluntly. Johnny sighed and let his shoulders slump. “I’m just fucking with you dude. You look fine.”

“Thanks Jimbo.” The two left the office, heading to the living room where Jimmy had left everyone. All the guys were dressed in similar styles and the girls were all in dresses. Including a not-so-happy Marco. She wore a purple dress that reached her knees with white flats. Her hair was straightened even more than usual, no doubt the girls’ doing.

“Ready to go?” Stevie asked, looking between the two who entered. Johnny nodded and everyone stood, heading to their designated vehicles. As Marco approached Johnny, since they were the last two to leave, Johnny smiled down at her.

“You look very pretty Marco,” Johnny informed as he slipped his wallet into his pocket. He grabbed his keys with one hand and Marco’s outstretched hand with the other. As they stood on the porch she scoffed.

“I know. I hate it.” Johnny chuckled as he tested the door to make sure he had locked it. When he was positive it was he headed to his truck. He opened the backdoor for Marco who climbed in easily. With her slow coming growth spurt she could actually climb in with no problem. Johnny then got in front and started the engine before leading the guys to the courthouse. “Johnny?”

“Yeah Marco?” He looked in the rearview mirror for a moment to see Marco staring out her window. As he looked back to the road she began to speak again.

“Do you think they’ll let me stay with you?” Johnny heart skipped a beat and he frowned slightly.

“I hope so. Why do you ask?”

“Because everyone is talking like they’re completely sure I will. They’re planning on what we’re gunna do for lunch and when we’ll go shopping next time. I want to stay with you.” That made his heart swell happily a bit.

“I do too Marco.” Just then they reached the courthouse. Johnny climbed out before opening the door for the girl. As soon as she climbed out photographers flocked them. Johnny’s lawyer, who had been waiting for them, cleared the way simply saying ‘no comment’ to the millions of questions flooding the large group as they made their way up the steps. Once inside it was much quieter.

“Marco, Johnny, you guys need to come with me. The rest of you just take a seat in there, okay?” Everyone nodded before the lawyer, Mr. Marshall, led the way into the room. People already sat in the pews as well as another man in a suit at a table. Marco and Johnny followed Mr. Marshall pass a little gate, Marco being made to go sit with the other man. Johnny and Mr. Marshall sat at the opposite table.

“How long do you think this will last?” Johnny whispered.

“With something like this, maybe an hour. Preferably shorter,” Mr. Marshall replied. A very buff bailiff came out to stand to the left of the judge’s spot.

“All rise for the honorable Judge Amy.” Everyone stood as a middle aged woman with bright, orange hair came out from a door behind her chair. As she sat everyone else did too. She placed in thin, rectangle shaped glasses with her eyes trailing over the courtroom.

“We’re here to decide the custody of Marco Lee Lovelace, correct?”

“Yes your honor. My client Mr. Seward would like to adopt her.” Johnny fidgeted as the eyes of the woman peered down at him.

“Okay Mr. Seward, by the end of the day we will decided if you are a fit guardian.” Johnny nodded. Of course, why else would they be there.

- Time Lapse -

After taking up a social worker, Marco, and even Jimmy as witnesses, it was now Johnny’s turn to sit in the stand. After he was sworn in his eyes trailed to the jury. He would kill to know what they were thinking. His eyes shot back to the man next to Marco as he rose to his feet.

“Mr. Seward, can you remind us what your profession is again?” Johnny had to stop himself from rolling his eyes at the man. They had established this three times already.

“I am a musician.” He could tell by the people that had to be here as witnesses to the decision were only here for the fact that they knew the band. Two girls had been taken out for trying to take pictures of the guys. It was quite funny.

“Describe to us a typical day as a musician if you can.” Johnny eyes narrowed slightly. Where was he going with this?

“It depends what’s going on. If we’re working on an album, like we are currently, we’re mostly in the studio. On tour we are going from city to city on a bus. Usually the only time we aren’t is on off days since we don’t need to be anywhere that moment. When we’re doing neither it’s just us being normal adults. TV, video games, shopping, you know, the works.” The man nodded, pacing back and forth across the room.

“So, Mr. Seward, would it be difficult to take care of a child properly with all that going on?”

“Maybe a little, but it’s well worth the challenge.”

“But with touring, how could a child get what they need? Schooling, friends, exercise, healthy diet. Would you know how to get all that Mr. Seward?”

Johnny was just hoping for an objection, but since Mr. Marshall didn’t snap up he must be sticking to his grounds. Johnny’s eyes flickered back to the man who was waiting for an answer patiently. “I suppose she could take online courses for school. Me and the rest of the band could help her where she is bad or we could get an online tutor. We buy the right things for her diet and exercise will be made room for.”

“And friends?”

“She’s already made friends with my band mates and their girlfriends. She would have no problem making friends.”

“But should she have some her own age Mr. Seward?”

“Well yes, but friends are friends. There are many chances to make friends on tour and when off she would be home in the area most of the time.”

“But I doubt to see how she could keep them. She’s gone half the time.”

“She’s a smart girl, I have no doubts in her to keep the friends she makes.” The lawyer peered at him with doubt, but walked back to his table anyways.

“That is all my questions your honor.” As he sat down, Mr. Marshall stood up. He slowly walked in front of Johnny’s stand and smiled.

“Mr. Seward, do you think you could take care of Marco and provide her with everything she’d need?”

“I do sir. I already love her like a daughter I never had.” Mr. Marshall nodded.

“How would you get all the things my colleague has stated?”

“I’m honestly not sure yet, but I will do everything in my power to make it happen.” Mr. Marshall nodded, his hand idly scratching his small beard.

“And would you do everything in your power to make sure she’s safe?”

“Of course.” Mr. Marshall nodded yet again and walked back towards his table, obviously silently saying he had nothing further to ask. Johnny bit his lip, staring up at the judge to his right. “Judge, may I just say something?”

“Go ahead Mr. Seward.”

“I’m here today because I really do love Marco.” Johnny looked down, twiddling his fingers that were hidden in his lap. “I really don’t know how to raise a kid since I was an only child, but I really want to try. I am confident that with my friends’ help I could raise her correctly and she would be in good shape. I know because I’m a musician and have piercings and tattoos I probably shouldn’t be called a fit parent, but should I really be bumped off for that? I don’t think so. So please, let me just be the parent I want to be.”

“Thank-you Mr. Seward,” Judge Amy said after a few moments of silence. Johnny stepped down, his head tilted downward as he walked back to his table to sit. “If now the jury would please step into their chambers to make their decision.”

As the judge said this she and the jury left through their designated doors. The guys leaned forward and assured Johnny it would be okay. Twenty agonizing minutes later the jury stepped back into the room. The judge was not far behind and as she sat down, everyone else did too. She motioned for Johnny to stand which he quickly obliged.

“In the case of Jonathon Seward asking for custody of Marco Lovelace, how does the jury decide?” The short man on the far left edge of the jury box stood. He cleared his throat and kept a blank face. Damn good poker face, Johnny thought sadly.

“We have decided to agree with Mr. Seward and allow him full custody.” The room exploded into applause and Johnny’s breathing caught in his throat. A shit eating grin took over his face as his lawyer clapped him on the back.

“Well then Ms. Lovelace, you are now Marco Lee Seward.” The judge smiled brightly as the little girl ran to Johnny. He scooped her up in his arms and kissed her temple as her arms wrapped around his neck. “Of course, Mr. Seward, her case worker will be checking in from time to time to make sure she is in a safe environment.”

“Of course,” Johnny agreed.

“Court is dismissed.” With a bang of her gavel everyone began to leave. Johnny smiled at the girl who easily returned it. He set her on the ground as the courtroom was clearing out, the guys waiting at the double doors.

“Let’s go home Marco.” They linked hands before heading to the exit of the courtroom. Everyone that was present in that courtroom today knew good and well that Marco Lovelace had stolen Johnny Seward’s heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliche ending I know. So anyways, here's everyone who's ever commented because I love them so <3:
Psychokitty13
HotelBellaMuerte.
angy_kaulitz
xXxEnchanted OnexXx
LittlexRedxDevil
surfergirl
hachie
Rhi_LoveMeHateMe
KellShadows
violetriddle
xXcrazy-desiXx
RunawayMuffins
DeathbatScreamer
Undead Angel
Kitty Starr
Firework.
secrets-that-die
WiccaKitty05
standXaloneX13
WalkingOnBrokenGlass
Dark Passion Play
Dannie Blaze!!
Nia_Flores
Violent Ecstasy
kierstlovesyou
BVBismydrug
ShelbehRaexD
ice cream headaches.
laura eliz

Damn that's a lot. So I do plan on making a sequel. It will pretty much be Marco about thirteen or fourteen and just growing up. Of course there will be some drama (or it would be a really shitty story). The only problem is I have no idea what to do for a title. So while you're commenting and telling how awesome the story was and etc, please give me an idea for the title of the sequel. Last time I checked if you stay subscribed and I post a sequel it will let me know, but just in case I will send everyone a comment that comments on this chapter when I do post it. Thank-you everyone. :)

<3 Tina