Status: completed

Escape This Afterlife

Hayden

Chapter Six

I peeked from behind the tree, I was currently using to stalk Xanthus. He looked so beautiful today. He was standing with Otto and Xuri, looking at them with distaste and seemed to be in a bad mood. I wanted to go over and see what was wrong, but I figured me being there probably wouldn't help his bad mood when I got the both of us getting thrown into a dumpster.

I think I was the only one who could see that Otto and Xuri were standing slightly too close together and their hands kept touching…except Kitty who must have said something about it because Xuri went brick red.

I chuckled to myself, watching them. "You look like such a creeper. Did you know that?" I jumped and turned around to see Elvis. No, not the real Elvis; just an impersonator.
"I do not. This is perfectly normal," I lied.

Elvis saw right through it. "Suuuure," he said, laughing.

I glared. "Don't you have some groovy, 1950's wisdom for me, Elvis?"

"First of all, asshole, "groovy" is from the '70s after Elvis was popular. Secondly, You are almost obscenely stupid."

I snorted. "And yet you're still talking to me. Don't you have something better to do? I know I do," I told him, turning back to Xanthus. Let's pretend it didn't occur to me at that moment how insane I'd sound if I told Kitty I could talk to ghosts. I'm sure that conversation would go well. Me: I talk to Dead People. Kitty: -screams, runs away, and commits me to the nearest mental institution- Doesn't that sound lovely? No, I don't think so either.

"You are a failure," Elvis commented.

"For once, this…oddly dressed man is correct. You really should talk to him," the cat-girl, Ewa, agreed as she materialized next to me. She looked at me like she was daring me to ask why she was here. "Alright, alright. I know I said I wouldn't come back until you asked, but I have no patience and you're taking too long," she said, with her hands on her hips. To be honest, I hadn't thought about Ewa or her obvious insanity since she left.

"I'm not taking too long. I just don't want to waste my time with your stories," I replied.

"You will," Ewa said, sounding completely sure. "I'll come talk to you tonight."

I ignored the both of them and turned to watch Kitty look around for something…or someone? In moments, I knew the ghosts were gone. Okay, Hayden. You can do this. Go talk to him. Be casual. He won't think you’re insane at all. Who am I kidding? Of course he won't want to talk to me. I'll ruin his reputation, or worse he'll beat me up or something and that really will NOT help my self esteem. Oh, forget it. Just go talk to him.

I stepped from my hiding place, and walked towards Xanthus…just as the bell rang. NOOOO!!!
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who's commented so far! :)
-Amyathia
-Musical.Chick
-KilljoysMakeSomeNoise