Status: completed

Escape This Afterlife

Hayden

I followed Kitty to the car, getting in after him. One of his brothers, I'm not sure which one, drove us to his house.

As soon as we got to the house, we pulled out our books and started working. We had a whole lot to do if we were going to finish this all today. I think Kitty was starting to understand what we were doing a little better, at least he was could figure out most of the answers with only a little bit of help.

We were working so intently, that I didn't notice that it was almost dinnertime until one of Kitty's sisters walked by and asked Xuri what was for dinner. "Grilled cheese, so don't spoil your dinner!" Xuri called back. The girl ignored him and continued eating a bag of chips.

"Hey, Kitty? Can you get everyone down here for dinner?" Xuri called from the kitchen a couple of minutes later.

Kitty jumped up from where we were sitting and ran up the stairs. I guess he slipped because next thing I know there were several thumps like he was falling down the stairs.

"Hayden, will you go see if he's okay?" Xuri called, somewhat unnecessarily since I was already running towards the stairs. For all I know he could have broken his neck and was bleeding to death. "If he starts talking about horned pandas from Mars, that means he's okay?"

I turned the corner to the stairs and saw Kitty lying in a pathetic heap at the bottom of the staircase. My first thought was thank god he's mumbling to himself. The second: his ears. When, Kitty fell down his hat must have came off because of the two cute, pointed cat ears that were poking up through his hair. I couldn't help but stare at how adorable he looked, even though I should probably be making sure he doesn't have an bruises.
"Say something! You don't have much time!" Ewa said, urgently. I don't know why though. What's she so worried about?

"What are you talking about?" I asked, trying not to move my lips too much so Kitty wouldn't think I was weird, since he wasn't talking to me.

Kitty whined and sat up reaching to rub a place on his head, I guess where'd he hurt himself. He froze, looking up at me, terrified. What's wrong? What did I do? "Otto!" he screamed, the same terrified tone in his voice. I flinched. What could I have done?

Otto barreled down the stairs, scooping Kitty up and suddenly I understood why I used to be so frightened of him. He looked like he wanted to hit me and I flinched again, looking down. I don't understand. Why is this such a big deal? It's not like they're freaks like me. If I found out they were most likely delusional and talked to ghosts like me, then maybe that would be a different story. On the other hand, they don't know about me. "Guys?! Can everyone get down here?"

Everyone was downstairs in less than a minute and looking from Kitty to me. They got all stiff and their eyes went cold. I shivered, unable to look any of them in the eye.

Ewa put her hand on my shoulder, which was surprisingly comforting considering I couldn't feel it. "Things just got real bad," Ewa said, worriedly. "Be careful what you say. You don't want them to get any angrier…or more afraid."

I almost nodded, but stopped myself, realizing there were way to many people here to not notice how weird that would be. Kitty started crying suddenly and it about broke my heart. This was MY FAULT. Kitty--MY Kitty--was passed to another of his brothers who took him upstairs. I watched him go, sadly.

"Don't you dare say anything to ANYONE!" Otto snarled at me. "No one will believe you even if you do, and I will flatten you! You understand?! You even try to hurt Kitty and I swear you won't live to regret it," Otto said, prowling closer to me, threateningly.

I glared back, feeling suddenly brave and completely ignoring Ewa's advice. "Don't you dare tell me what to do!"

Ewa's breath hissed in. "That's really stupid, Hayden! Fix it!"

"…I-I just mean," I murmured, trying to get the rest of the sentence out before Otto murdered me. "D-don't expect me to hurt him. I never said I'd hurt him. I really like Kitty. Why would I do something to hurt any of you?" I asked, quietly. "You're right about one thing though. No one would believe me even if I did want to say something."

Otto looked at me like I was something he'd scraped off of the bottom of his shoe. "Don't think I'll believe that for a second. Get out!" Otto yelled, trying to shove me towards the door.

"We fucked up," Ewa said from beside me. I have to say I agreed.

"Stop it, Otto," Xuri said. "Hayden hasn't done anything to us. Why not let him stay for movie night and explain some things to him? Plus, it would hurt Kitty if we hurt him."

Otto gave us both dirty looks, but he knew he was beaten. Haha, he's so whipped! "All right, but if Kitty gets hurt in any way…" He didn't need to finish his threat.

"Can I go talk to him?" I asked Xuri, hopefully.

Xuri looked at me for a long time before nodding. I squeaked and hugged him, before running up the stairs like a freak/ When I got to Kitty's door, I knocked quietly, but I guess he didn't hear me, so I just walked in anyway. He was hiding under the covers of his bed, laying very still. I walked over to sit on the bed next to him and pulled the covers down so I could see the back of his head and the tops of his shoulders. I picked him up and leant him against my chest, but he still didn't move.

I smiled down at the top of his head, that was so cutely adorned with his fluffy ears. I reached down to rub one of his ears and they felt even softer than I'd imagined. Kitty purred and relaxed into me, tilting his head to the side. I had to stop from laughing at the cute sound.

He purred again and that's when I realized the catastrophe to end all catastrophes: I was getting hard. I think Kitty felt it because he straddled my waist and looked up at me. Kitty fell off me with a squeak when he realized it was just me.

Oh, this is awkward isn't it? "I-I'm sorry. I d-don't r-really mind the ears. They're s-sort of c-c-cool," I stammered. It was mind blowing how embarrassing I'd just made the situation. "I already promised everyone that I wouldn't tell," I added. Kitty nodded, giving me a gentle hug, before darting down the stairs.

After a minute, I followed. I heard him and Xuri talking and Kitty skipped back a moment later crashing right into me as was getting to be usual. I really need to start wearing neon colors. That would prevent these type of situations. Kitty blushed and hid his face behind his hair--which was absolutely the cutest thing I've ever seen.

"Hurry up! If you don't get in here now, we'll start the movie without you," one of the girls screamed, completely ruining the moment. Don’t worry though. We'll have other moments. Wink, wink.

Kitty ran to the family room, where all of his brothers and sisters were curled up on the fold out couch thing. Kitty squished right in with then and pointed to a spot behind him. Uncertainly, I sat cross-legged in my allotted space. Kitty sat in my lap, surprising me, before I cuddled into him as he wrapped a blanket around the two of us.

The lights were off now, which was probably a good thing since things might be awkward if Kitty kept sitting in my lap. I reached up to scratch the same spot on his ears, since he seemed to like it earlier. Kitty purred again and again, the purrs at some point turning into moans. Kitty shifted, his body rubbing against a certain part of my anatomy. I did a weird breathy moan thing that made the Guinness Book of World Records for most embarrassing moment ever. I swear it did.

Kitty got all wiggly during the next couple of movies and kept rubbing against me, making me make more of those horrible sounds. I thought my pants were going to break, they were so tight by now. Kitty finally made a really loud moan…and I moaned quietly too, before I cute myself off. Kitty stopped a minute later, and we just cuddled before drifting off to sleep.

Ewa appeared just long enough to give me an approving look, before disappearing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for my non-updating lameness! :(