Status: completed

Escape This Afterlife

Hayden

Do you have any idea how long it takes these people to park? I swear I was about 283,052,745 years old by the time we parked. Every time we saw a parking spot, someone would be like "Squirrel!" and distract everyone until another car swooped into our spot. This happened fourteen times! I really need to get my license.

I sat frozen while everyone else piled out of the car. They didn't mind climbing over each other and kicking the random person in an attempt to get out the door. Finally, everyone was out and I followed like a normal--or maybe not normal. I really wouldn't know--person.

Kitty was skipping ahead of us, almost at the entrance to the mall already. He stopped when he saw the revolving doors and glared at them like they were his arch enemy. I waited for him to call them pandas, or whatever else goes through his mind that I probably don't ever want to find out about.

Kitty held on to Otto's hoodie as they went through the doors, Kitty watching the doors carefully the whole time. Please tell me he's not about to get stuck and we'll have to call the fire department to free him. That really doesn’t sound like a good way to spend the afternoon.

Luckily, we got through the doors without any fatalities. Otto held on to Kitty tightly, stopping him from wandering him off like it looked like he wanted to. Kitty pouted for barely a minute, but was humming some song I didn't know, by the time I got through the doors last…I definitely wasn't last because I was still really afraid to be around Otto. No, that would be a ridiculous reason and I'm not ridiculous at all.

We started to walk, attracting pretty much everyone in the mall's attention because of our gigantic group…and maybe because of Otto, who looked like he was a devil worshiper, and Xuri, who couldn't have been more flamboyant. I felt kind of awkward and out of place, but being with Kitty was real nice, so I didn't feel too bad. "Hayden, will you hold Kitty's hand? Last time we were here, Kitty met all the mall cops, plus the people who do the intercom," Xuri said, laughingly, his hand intertwined in Otto's.

I snickered, thinking about how strange it was that suck a sweet guy was dating such an evil one…I'm talking about Otto and Xuri by the way, not Kitty and I. I'm not so down on myself that I think I'm evil. Otto, on the other hand, is evil. He wants to rip my arms and legs off and throw me into the ocean; I know he does!

I pretended not to notice when Kitty stuck his tongue out at Xuri when he wasn't looking. Kitty's acts like a little kid sometimes, which is so cute and I don't think it could ever become irritating. He's too sweet for that to happen.

Suddenly, I was yanked towards the vending machine. It shocking how strong such a small person can be. He was literally dragging me across the room. "Hold on! I'll only be a minute," Kitty said, quickly putting the money in the machine. I crossed my arms and shifter my weight while I watched him. Out dropped a package of skittles that Kitty seized immediately. Kitty grabbed my hand and sprinted back to everyone else. He grabbed some skittles and lobbed them at Otto and Xuri. "Taste the rainbow!" he screeched, grabbing another handful and stuffing it into his mouth. What a nut! They're going to eat him!

Otto turned around with a expression on his face that made me shudder. I wouldn't mess with him. Clearly, Kitty isn't like me though. Otto grinned creepily and lunged for Kitty, growling.

"Save me from my evil third!" Hayden shrieked, hiding behind me. Evil third? Like an evil half? Again I say, Kitty is weird.

I just froze, letting Otto run around me and capture Kitty. I'm not going to get in the way of Otto's revenge. Plus, Otto is a lot less likely to kill Kitty than me. Kitty squealed as his arms were pinned behind his back and was tickled by Xuri until I thought he would die of laughter.

Finally, Kitty freed himself and scampered over to me, leaping into my arms. I guess I get to carry him around now. I shifted him to my back so I could give him a piggy back ride and not look quite so much like a honeymoon couple…not that I would mind that. I need to think about Kitty's reputation here, you know. You can't be seen hanging around me and not have people act like assholes to you. I'm just stating a fact.

We stopped at a make-up store….Yes, you heard me right. A MAKE-UP STORE! I about melt into the floor, I was so mortified. I don't wear make-up EVER. Even the girls, looked at the store with apprehension. Why had we stopped here then, you ask? Xuri, of course. Otto, being the feminine boy's boyfriend, got the honor of going in with him. Did I giggle to myself at the thought of Otto in a cosmetics store, carrying Xuri's bags? Definitely. Did I let Otto see that? NO!

The guy at the counter kept sneaking nervous looks at us from his station. I don't know what he was worrying about. It's not like we're an angry mob that loves to tear apart cosmetics stores and their innocent employees.

Eventually, after another three thousand years of my life had gone by--I probably need to invest in a walker--, Otto and Xuri finished their shopping. Kitty jumped out of my arms and raced over to Xuri, who looked thrilled with his choices. Otto, as always, seemed as pissed off. "What did you get?" Kitty asked curiously, trying to peer into Xuri's bag.

"Neon pink and lime green," Xuri replied, proudly.

After our make-up--Blegh--adventure, we wandered around to pretty much every store in the mall. I don' think anyone was really shopping except Xuri. The rest of us were just here to get out of the house and walk around…and talk to Kitty, naturally.

Sometime during our walk, Kitty ended up back in my arms, muttering about being too lazy to walk anymore. That's when some people started acting really weird--or the way they normally act. I really wouldn't know. All I do know is they were assholes. Some were muttering, while others were outright pointing and not even bothering to lower their voice, while they talked about us like we were freaks. According to them, "fags" are freaks.

The last store we went into was the typical Hot Topic kind of store. Needless to say, Kitty didn't blend in at all and everyone in the store kept sending him weirded out looks. Me, not so much. I guess I seem sufficiently creepy, that I'm not a threat to them…I don’t' know whether I'm happy about that or not. Kitty shrank against me like he was trying to hide. He's not used to people sending him death glares, which is good. I'd have to start hitting people if they wouldn't stop glaring.
I moved to a corner, hoping they'd lose interest if they had to put some effort into their staring. I was right. See, that's the thing about people. They're so lazy that they won't turn their necks a few more inches.

Kitty seemed to hear something and looked over at a girl who was talking to one of his sisters--well, more like flirting. I didn't really see any more because Ewa decided to appear at that moment. "Hey," she murmured, looking at Kitty sitting in my arms, with a smile. "I'm guessing things are going okay. Is he your boyfriend yet?"

I about dropped Kitty from surprise. I probably shouldn't have been though. Ewa's pretty much always is trying to get me to do something I'm too chicken to do. How can I ask Kitty to be my boyfriend?! What if he doesn't like me enough? Or, even worse, if he only wants us to be a secret? Sure , it doesn't seem like it right now, but you never know, right? I don't think I could stand it if he said no. It's just better not to ask, rather than embarrass myself.

"…I guess that's a no?" Ewa asked again. I glanced at Kitty before giving a quick nod. "Oh, you're pathetic," she teased. I nodded again, then sent a pointed look at Kitty. Ewa's expression was priceless. She had a Cheshire cat grin and a knowing look in her eyes. "I get it, I get it. You want alone time, right? I'll talk to you later when you're alone." She started to disappear.

I looked at Kitty real quick to make sure he wasn't paying attention before I whispered, "I haven't seen any other ghosts recently. Is that your fault?"

Ewa looked extremely proud of herself. "I may have told a couple of people that you needed some privacy. They're just being polite is all. Plus, ghosts can hit other ghosts. I had fun."I tried not to laugh out loud, when I noticed that we were leaving.

"Xuri, I'm hungry," Mimi whined, wrapping her arms around her stomach and pretending to starve to death.

"To the food court," Xuri sighed, looking like he wanted to just sit on the bench rather than walking all the way to the food court. I could sympathize, believe me. I even had an extra passenger to carry around, not that I really mind too much. It's like having a nice-smelling, heater of a person.

When we got to the food court, we pushed a couple of tables together, then went to get some food. Kitty wanted sushi and even though I'd never gotten sushi before I got in line with him…I kind of had to since it didn't look like he was going to get out of my arms any time soon. Kitty ordered for me, since I had no idea what to order. When it was time to pay, I reached into my pocket to get the money to pay for us, but Xuxa elbowed me out of the way and paid for us. Um…that's okay, I guess. I hope they know I can take care of Kitty if we ever do get together. It's not like I'd want him to pay for me. I want to be the one to take care of him.

We got back to the table and Kitty sat in my lap again. We really need to make ourselves official. We act like a couple…don't we? Don't tell anyone about this, but I've never really gone out with anyone so I'm not sure if they're all like movie romances or whatever else they could be. I'm just confused with this whole thing. All I do know is that I don't mind Kitty sitting in my lap, even with his random wiggling. I just need to stop thinking about this.

New subject. Why isn't anyone talking? I looked around, trying to figure out the reason for the sudden silence. Then, I realized everyone was looking expectantly at Eight. There you go, Hayden! Be unoriginal! Stare at Eight, too!

The poor girl gave a dramatic sigh and glared at all of us. "That's Alia Wolf. Her family moved her from German last year." She paused, like she was saying she didn't want to talk about it anymore, but knew her family wasn't going to drop it.

"And?" Momo asked. Aren't I getting great at remembering everyone's names? I think so.

"And she's a neko, too?" Eight guessed, hoping this was the scoop Momo was looking for.

It wasn't. Momo raised an eyebrow, motioning for her to continue.

"And we've got a date tomorrow at four," Eight said, sighing. Haha, failure at keeping secrets! She shouldn't even try to hide things when she lives with that many nosy people. Especially such good news. I glanced at Kitty pointedly, hoping this would inspire him to ask me to be his boyfriend since I'm still too scared to ask him myself. He didn't, and I wanted to kick something except I'd probably break my foot. The sad thing is, I'd deserve it.

After we finished, we went to the car and Kitty curled up against me and almost immediately went to sleep. We got to Kitty's house, so we could drop Kitty and his brother's and sister's before someone drove me home. The problem? Kitty wouldn't let go of me.

Finally, they gave up. "Since it doesn't look like he'll be letting go anytime soon, you can just stay the night again," Mrs. Hewitt said. "You two can sleep in Mitch's and Etsu's room. It's the third door on the left." I could have sworn Kitty smiled a little, but I decided not to look to closely into it. Let's let him "sleep."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment&Suscribe? :)