Status: completed

Escape This Afterlife

Hayden

I lay still, trying to figure out exactly what was on top of me and why it was moving. That's all I was doing. Then, I felt a delicate hand playing with my hair and I calmed down. It was just Kitty. I thought about telling him I knew what he was doing just to make him blush (Come on. You have to admit you'd do it to. He looks super cute when he does.), but as it turns out, him petting my head felt really good and if I embarrassed him, he'd stop. I'm hoping for more of early morning awakenings. See? I'm thinking in the long term. You should be proud.

Eventually, I felt his soft skin brush against my cheek, making my nose wrinkle up. What can I say? It tickled. He poked me in the cheek. Why, I don't know. This kid is a nut. My face scrunched up, but apparently this didn't discourage him. He is making it very hard for me to pretend to be asleep. He kept poking me, except this time in the nose. I promise I'm not a friendly reindeer who wanders around spreading Christmas cheer. My nose will NOT glow red no matter how many times you poke me. I promise I'm not lying. Feel free to stop…or not.
Okay, the time has passed for sleeping. My nose is going to fall off if I don't act now. I reached up just as I sensed he was about to poke me again and caught his wrist. Kitty squeaked, falling off the bed, taking me with him naturally. Plan backfire.

I landed right on top of Kitty and honestly it was complete luck that I landed on my hands and knees instead of crushing the poor boy. Then, I realized I was kind of pinning Kitty down and we were really close together. All I had to do is lean down and…I looked Kitty in the eyes, trying to see if he was okay with this. Kitty's eyes met mine and my brain went completely blank.

I leaned even closer, staring at his soft, plump lips. In the end, Kitty was the one who finally closer the distance between our lips. I tried to kiss him softly, not sure if I was doing the right thing but not really caring too much. All I could think about was how soft his lips were and how right they felt against mine. Slowly, I deepened the kiss, trying to respond to what Kitty wanted. At least, I hoped that's what he wanted. He wasn't stopping me anyway.

I started getting, um, excited and I know I was blushing, but at that moment it didn't matter. I pressed our bodies even closer together, realizing that Kitty was just as…'happy' about this as I was. Kitty moaned softly, and I swear it went straight to my pants, causing even more of a problem then I already had. Kitty grabbed fistfuls of my hair, and I moaned.

Of course, the door opened then. Why not wait for the most embarrassing possible time, when Kitty and I are in the middle of having the most heated make out session imaginable, to walk in the door?

"Hey, guys. It's time-Oh, EW! I don't want to see that!" Momo screamed, probably drawing the whole house to this exact spot. She slammed the door shut, still screaming like we'd just traumatized her I'm kind of hoping we didn't because I wouldn't really want this moment recreated twenty years from now in some therapist's office. That really wouldn't be the high point in my life. I got off Kitty and pulled him up, figuring someone else would burst in any second now. "My poor virgin eyes!" Momo shrieked.

Kitty turned the most amazing red I've ever seen. There IS a silver lining! I was so absorbed with Kitty's cute blush and resisting the urge to kiss him again, that I barely noticed Kitty's entire family gathering outside the door. Not to say I didn't notice, but at least it didn't mortify me as much as it normally would. "…That w-was nice," I mumbled. Ugh, that has to be the worst thing to say after kissing someone--No, thanking him would be worse. Thank god I didn't do that.

Kitty nodded. I guess he decided agreeing with me was better than calling me out on how stupid I am. He curled up in my lap, hiding his face in my chest. There was a knock on the door and his mom called, "Can we come in?" Oh, this is just great. I need to make a note NEVER to kiss Kitty when his family is around.

"Uh, sure?" I said, since there wasn't really anything else I could say. I couldn't say no, now could I? It couldn't be any worse than I thought.

Everyone on the other side of the door cheered…maybe I spoke too soon. Everyone in Kitty's family piled in to the room and, in less than a minute, we were surrounded. They all looked thrilled to see Kitty in my lap, especially Xuri who was hugging the both of us and saying how happy he was for us. I blushed a little bit. This situation could not be more awkward.

After a couple of minutes, everyone calmed down and the room was quiet again. Kitty looked up at his mom, guiltily. I got to my feet since, it's kind of intimidating for eight people to be staring down at you. Kitty decided he wasn't going to get up and stayed in my arms.

"Well…are you going to ask him out?" Kitty's mom asked me, like this was the most obvious thing in the world. She crossed her arms, but her smile told me she wasn't mad at me.
I nodded like a complete idiot, and was rewarded with a happy squeal from Kitty.

"Out!" Kitty's mom said, shooing all of her children out the door and leaving with them, so Kitty and I could have some space.

I set Kitty down as I prepared myself for what I was about to ask. "Be my boyfriend?" I asked. Yep, I finally grew the balls to ask. This is a proud moment.

Kitty's smile was huge and he jumped into my arms, squealing, "Yes!" I don't know why Kitty has such a random fixation with my nose, but he kissed me there, making my nose scrunch up and my eyes cross as I tried to keep looking at him.

There was a crash just outside the door and I looked at Kitty, suspiciously. What can I say? If there's a crash within twenty miles of Kitty, it's usually his fault. Kitty looked just as surprised as me. Then, I heard the giggles and I knew Kitty's family were all gathered outside the door. I laughed nervously at how strange this whole situation was.

Kitty's cat ears twitched, as he exclaimed, "Y-you laughed!" Uh, yeah? I guess I'm not really a smiley type of person, but still. I'm not that bad.

Kitty and I stayed right where we were just happy to be together, absorbed in our own thoughts. We probably would have stayed there all day except the door opened again, so Kitty's family could ruin yet another perfect moment. I really like Kitty's family. They're all really nice--except Otto--and fun to be around, but they sure know how to mess up a romantic moment.

I didn't mind so much though because they were just calling us down to breakfast and I was REALLY hungry. I could definitely get used to having as much food as I want any time I want it. I'm going to be spoiled by the time I go home.

As we got downstairs, there was just as much food as I hoped. Stacks of pancakes, tons of eggs, and so many muffins! I only barely remembered not to look like a pig and gorge myself with food. That would be just fantastic wouldn't it, if I managed to eat all the food in Kitty's house in one sitting. If I were Kitty, I'd rethink dating me.

Kitty sat in my lap and seemed absorbed in his muffin. He started mumbling under his breath. I couldn't hear him at first, but then I heard. "-Wonderful boy in the whole school as by boyfriend! You hear that skanks?! Hayden is mine! M-I-N-E! And you're never going to lay you dirty paws on him!"

I didn't realize that was ever a possibility. I'm not exactly the most popular person-Oh, all right, I don't ever have any chance of ever being popular or even tolerated by anyone at our school. I didn't care until I realized that I needed to get Kitty's attention. Now, I'm happily back to not caring. I should remember to tell Kitty that, so he doesn't freak out when some random girl in school glares at me. I can picture it now : "She's just playing hard to get!" Not likely, Kitty.

Suddenly, Eight jumped up, her chair squeaking shrilly across the floor. "Oh my god! I totally forgot I have a date with Alia in two hours! Xuri, I need help!" she shouted, sounded panicked. As they both ran up the stairs, all I could think was…How can it take two hours to get ready for a date? It would take half an hour tops and that's including my freak out time that Kitty will hate what I'm wearing and a shower and fixing my hair. I'm low maintenance. Kitty can be the high maintenance one if he wants. It's cute when he puts make-up on, even though he doesn’t have to because he looks cute no matter what.

A couple seconds later, it sounded like Eight and Xuri were thoroughly destroying Eight's room. I did not realize this was necessary to getting ready. Clearly, I've been missing a step in getting dressed all these years. Kell and Mrs. Hewitt must have been thinking the same thing because they both started laughing and looking at the ceiling as if to figure out what they were doing.

"Anyone else have something to tell me?" Mrs. Hewitt, asked looking at each of us, suspiciously to find out what we were hiding. I guess this was the first she'd heard of Eight's date…Haha, that rhymed. We all shook our heads and went back to our breakfast. "Hayden, do you need to get some clothes from your house?" she asked. I nodded with a smile. I should probably do that, since otherwise I'll smell really bad, which I'm sure is oh so attractive.

Kitty jumped off my lap, so I could follow him and his mother out to the car. We both got in the back seat and sat next to each other. Kitty was almost sitting in my lap, we were sitting so close, but I didn't mind at all. It was kind of quiet since I could neither think of anything to say and I still felt kind of weird in front of Kitty's mom still. I don't know why, but I can't talk in front of strangers. I guess I'm kind of shy.

The closer we got to my house, the more I started internally freaking out. What are they going to think when they see my house?! I bet they'll think I'm some homeless person who started living in this disgusting heap of a house. I started trying to remember if I'd tacked the shutters back on or if they were hanging upside down by one nail. I probably hadn't. I'm just lazy that way. I doubt they would even be able to get down the driveway. Note to self: Take better care of house.

"Where do we turn?" Mrs. Hewitt asked, once we were almost to the turn-off.

"Um, just a minute…uh, right there," I said, pointing to the barely visible dirt driveway that was covered with vines and small blackberry bushes which are, by the way, the most horrible, thorny possible plants to walk home though. Mrs. Hewitt had to stop the car and look around before she even saw my driveway. If I didn't live there I wouldn't have noticed it either.

I opened my mouth to offer for them to wait here while I got my stuff, but Mrs. Hewitt turned into the driveway first. We were bouncing around like crazy and I about shriveled up from complete and utter embarrassment. When we got to the last place you can turn around on my driveway, I told her to stop and darted out of the car and up the last quarter mile of my driveway and swung myself onto the porch since the stairs had been carted off by the basketball team six months ago. Why, I don't know.

I ran to my bedroom, which was in the back of the house to my tiny closet that was half-filled with all my clothes. I wasn't sure how many changes of clothes I need so I just shoved everything into the carryon bag along with my toiletries.

I ran back to the car with the carryon bag thrown over my shoulder and jumped in. We had to drive kind of fast to get home since Mrs. Hewitt wanted to be there when Alia picked Eight up.

When we got home Kitty dragged me out of the car and into the house. Kitty started trying to be all quiet, but that's not really his strong point, so naturally he fell right on his face. Almost immediately, he sprang up and swore, "Ow! I bet my nose is broken now. Stupid pandas from mars always making me trip on things! They need to go die," so I knew he was fine. I started chuckling when I saw the look of absolute indignation of Kitty's face, while he stared at the floor mat he blamed for tripping him. Even better, Kitty got all embarrassed and kept trying to glare at me while I laughed.

Kitty sat on the floor, waiting patiently for me to help him up, which of course I did. This wasn’t good enough for Kitty, who decided I was going to carry him and scrambled into my arms, happily. He wiggled around trying to get comfortable, but after a while got kind of still…but not really.

Once he'd calmed down, we went to the living room and were almost stricken blind. Otto and Xuri were half naked on the couch, in plain view of anyone who walked by! I gagged, turning around and shooting out of the room as fast as I could, not having ever wanted to see that. I'm going to have to scrub my retinas clean with bleach! These images will never get out of my mind!

Kitty gagged too, when he saw them. "Eww! Get a room!" he screamed, covering his eyes as we got to safety. No, I am not over exaggerating at all!

"They've been like that for ten minutes! At least when you suck face with Hayden you do it in a room. Even when I threatened to tape it, they didn't stop," Eight said, with a shudder. Aren't those words just poetry? "Suck face", hmm? You just wait until I catch her kissing Alia and then she'll see.

"Do you think I look okay?" she added, nervously. Kitty and I both nodded and it was the truth. She looked really pretty. Xuri's probably pretty proud of himself for helping…That's kind of a weird translation within two hours, isn't it? To go from helping your sister get ready for a date to…blinding your brother and his boyfriend with your nakedness. Yep, MY boyfriend. I'm going to skip around all day tomorrow in school holding hands with Kitty. He's going to get shown off to everyone!

Kitty started to say something, but then we heard Mrs. Hewitt. " I'm back! You didn't burn down the-Oh gross! That is so nasty! You know, the rest of us have to sit there too! Otto if you don't put your pants back on-Holy shit! I don't need to see my kids fuck each other! I'm leaving!" Mrs. Hewitt appeared in the kitchen looking grossed out and glaring at all of us for not warning her about them. While we watched, she calmly found a bucket and started filling it with water. "Who wants to do the honors?" she asked.

Kitty leaped out of my arms, towards the bucket and tried to pick it up, but failed miserably. Mrs. Hewitt laughed and picked up the bucket, and disappeared into the living room. A second later we heard a splash and a high, girlish scream. "That was Otto," Eight said, looking completely serious.

We all started laughing, but stopped abruptly when the doorbell rang. Eight yelped and ran to the bathroom, saying something about fixing her makeup. Kitty dragged me to the door and threw it open. I guess he was still kind of scared of Alia because he hid behind me. All she could see of him was the very top of his head where he was staring at her from behind me. I snickered and Kitty's expression as I invited Alia in.

Kitty was talking again. He needs to start taping his mouth shut if he doesn't want me to know what he's thinking. "Wow he must be really happy today! Maybe I'm the one doing that? Nah, I'm not that cute."

LIES! "Yes, you are," I whispered in his ear, picking him up since he was still barricading the door. Alia followed us into the house. We all sat there, silently. It was completely weird since no one was talking to anyone. I bet that was kind of intimidating to Alia, but I couldn't think of anything to say, so I just added to the silence. A minute later, Mrs. Hewitt, followed by Otto and Xuri, who were soaking wet and dripping water all over the place. I almost started laughing again when I saw all three of their expressions.

Kitty, apparently, couldn't hold back the laughter and started giggling. Otto and Xuri turned their glares to him, but he either didn't notice of didn't care. Soon, none of the rest of us could hold back our laughter. We must have looked like psychos to Eight, who had just walked in the room.
"That was fast! I bet the magical unicorn ninjas from Tokyo gave her super transportation powers!" Kitty yelped in surprise.

"No kitty. And I don't think there are magical unicorn ninjas. Even in Tokyo," I said.

Kitty looked horrified. "If you don't believe, they won't give you presents for New Years!" he told me. Oh, jeez. Please tell me I'm not going to be staying up late on New Year's Eve to hide presents around the house. I can imagine it now. Everyone was looking at Kitty weird, not that I could blame them. I held him a bit closer to me, smiling at him. He's so strange, but I love it.
"You two are dripping all over the floor. Go dry yourselves off," Kitty's mom said, waving Otto and Xuri up the stairs. " Next time you have sex, do it somewhere easy to clean!" she shouted. Kitty giggled, agreeing with her. Poor Kitty. He's been thrown out of his room because otherwise he'd probably get waken up by all the creepy sex sounds during the night and realize they were coming from his room where he was sleeping! Ugh, scary picture!

"Sorry I took so long! Let's go! You can meet my awkward family later," Eight said hurriedly, and dragged Alia out the door without another word.

"Safe sex is happy sex!" Mrs. Hewitt called after them, before turning to me and Kitty. "Same goes for you two," she said, warningly. "I guess it's sort of too late to tell that to them, isn't it?" she sighed, most likely talking about Otto and Xuri who apparently decided to take it upstairs and were being very…vocal. Blegh.

"Can you set up one of the guest rooms for me and Hayden?" Kitty murmured to his mom, still blushing from the 'safe sex' comment.

She laughed and nodded. "Okay, Hayden! Since Kitty is so cute, you guys now have the privilege of using the basement bedroom slash bath!" Kitty kept blushing and I laughed, resting my chin on Kitty's head. We followed Kitty's mom down the stairs to the basement. "Careful! They don't pick up very often!" she warned me, as she stepped over one of many cat toys in the room. Aww! I walked through all of them, careful not to step on anything. "Here you go!" she said, as she threw the door open. It was a plain room with white-washed walls, but still ten times better than mine at my house."

I set him down on the bed and lay down on the bed next to him. "Is this okay? We can sleep with my brothers if you want! But we'd have to change the sheets every day," Kitty asked, nervously.

Ugh, no thanks. I don't want to get poked with Otto's dick while I'm trying to sleep…or any other time for that matter, but I couldn't say that. "Why would I want to share a bed with someone who wears fake eyelashes and someone who wants me to die?" Oops. I probably wasn't supposed to say anything about Otto wanting to kill me, and I like Xuri and all but if I wake up with one of his fake eyelashes on me, I will probably freak out.

"N-no, it's f-fine. I-I'd rather w-we were a-alone," Kitty said. You know, if he said that a little different that would have been sexy. No stuttering next time…at any rate, it was still cute, so I didn't mind.

"Shit! That sounded like I wanted sex. I don't want sex! Wait, no! I mean I don't ONLY want sex! Now I bet he thinks I only want sex." Kitty banged his head against the wall in frustration.

"Kitty!" I yelped, grabbing him to stop him from hurting himself further. I put his head in my lap. I know you don't only want sex. It's okay," I murmured, kissing Kitty's forehead. Kitty looked at me, questioningly. "You were talking to yourself," I said, answering his unspoken question.
We stayed there in a comfortable silence. I started scratching Kitty behind the ears, absently. Kitty purred, making sweet mewing sounds. I smiled, loving the sounds coming from him and had to shift him slightly so we wouldn't have a problem.

Kitty's eyes were starting to droop, so I curled up with Kitty and we both drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who's commented!