Status: completed

Escape This Afterlife

Hayden

I was sitting, too lazy to get up and get ready for the day, even though I'd been awake for almost an hour. It was much more fun to cradle a sleeping Kitty in my arms. Two particular members of Kitty's family made it impossible to continue. You guessed who. Xuri walked in followed closely by Otto. What did I do to deserve this?! I was just sitting here, minding my own business and now, Otto's got to come in here and most likely threaten my life. Xuri will fend him off!...No! They're dating. I don't have a chance. I'm going to die!

Luckily, Xuri is extremely loud. "Aw! You two are so cute! Aren't they, Otto?" Don't answer that. Don't answer that. "Aw! I'm so glad you dating! We should double date!" No. Just no.

Kitty shifted, opening one eye, tiredly. He groaned, softly , and snuggled deeper into my arms, having decided it's too early to get up. Poor, sleepy guy. I feel bad for him, but not bad enough to let him keep sleeping because I was really scared of Otto--Um, I mean…Not scared. More worried, slightly uncomfortable…never mind.

"Oh, yeah. You two should take a shower now. We have to leave for school in half an hour," Xuri said, remembering why he'd come in here in the first place. Abruptly, he turned and left, dragging Otto with him. I guess he had nothing else to say?

Kitty skipped into the bathroom to take a shower, leaving me to find clothes for the day. I looked through my bags and quickly found some classic skinny jeans, a gray v-neck shirt, my usual black converse, a studded belt, and clean boxers (obviously). Aren't you jealous of my colorful wardrobe?! I know you are. Don't lie. I can see it in your eyes.

Ewa appeared next to me. "Long time no see, good buddy."

"Hey. You haven't been beating up more ghosts, have you? You'll be the terror of the afterlife. We don't want to see the light! Ewa might be there!" I shrieked, imitating a new ghost's voice.

Ewa glared. "Very funny, little boy. I'll reserve a special right hook for you when you die, but until then I'll let this go," she said, threateningly.

I shivered, thinking that even in the afterlife people would beat me up. Just what I need. Which, of course makes me think of school, and the likely torture I'd be putting myself, and worse, Kitty, through. It was worth it…I think. I'd never want Kitty to get hurt because of me, but if he wants this, I definitely won't argue with him.

Ewa seemed to know what I was thinking. "It'll be fine. You'd be surprised how much Kitty's family likes you. Plus, how can things go wrong, when you've got such a cute boyfriend, lucky. I'll switch you…I never have any one to talk to!" she yelled randomly. "You're always with boyfriend so you never want to talk to me!"

"I'm sorry. I'll talk to you soon, alright?"

"You're going to tell Kitty about me. You have to soon anyway, or it'll look like you're hiding stuff from him," Ewa pointed out.

I sighed. "I know. I just need a little more time."

"You'll wuss out," Ewa laughed, disappearing before I could answer her.

A couple of minutes later, I heard the water turn off. Jeez, Kitty takes fast showers. Maybe I am the high maintenance one…or not. He still takes ways longer to get dressed than me. What is he doing in there?!

Almost immediately after that, my question was answered when Kitty came out of the bathroom, with a towel wrapped around him waist…and nothing else. Where, oh where is a Marilyn Monroe moment when you need one? I. AM. SUCH. A. RAPIST! I knew I'd turned extremely red the second I thought that. If he could see inside my head, he would kick me in the nads, I just know it.

"Sorry. I-I f-forgot clothes," Kitty stuttered, cutely…but not as cute as the rest of him. I almost smiled at how stupid I sounded, even in my own head. I'd better not say anything. I just nodded.

Kitty smiled and hurried out the door.

I grinned after him, and went to the bathroom to take a shower. Unlike Kitty, I remembered to bring my clothes. We don't want to be repeating past mistakes. I took a quick shower, not wanting to miss a second with Kitty. He immediately makes all my worries about school and what people think about us, seem unimportant and not even worth thinking about. He's absolutely perfect. I think I love him.

I got out of the shower and got dressed, quickly. I met Kitty as he got to the bottom of the stairs and we each grabbed a pop tart and hurried into the car. We didn't have time for a sit down breakfast, since Kitty and I woke up so late, but that's okay because pop tarts make you grow big and strong! Right? Right.

Everyone else squished into the car, so we could go to school. I willed the car to break down, so we didn't have to go to school--a flawed plan, I know. I t doesn't have to be a permanent solution, but a couple more hours of no school would be helpful.

Unfortunately, I'm not that lucky. We got to school, car still intact, and I think of a good enough reason to stay in the car--Admiring the interior? Haha, even better: car sex--so although I was seriously considering the second option, I had to get out of the car. I wouldn't be able to come up with a good enough way to ask for that with his family right there anyway…that, or I'm too chicken and, don't make fun of me, but I really respect him too much. I want it to be important…and I'm actually thinking about this in the school parking lot. Eww, I need to be slapped.

"Hayden, come on," Kitty said, tugging on my hand until I started to follow him out of the van. Kitty took my hand, as we walked to the front doors to the school.

I took one last deep breath and stepped through the doors. It was just as bad as I thought it would be…nope. Never mind, it was a million times worse. People stared and then the snickering started. My entire body went tense. I was just waiting for them to go in for the kill. I didn't have to wait for long. Someone's elbow--I'm not sure whose--crashed into my stomach. All of the air whooshed out of my lungs and I fell against Kitty, which probably wasn't my best idea, considering Kitty's already precarious balance. Miraculously, we both managed to stay upright as I sucked air into my lungs.

"Hey, fag. You finally found someone who can put up with you?!"

I bit my lip to hold back any of the colorful remarks that come to mind in response to that adorable comment. Yes, that, my friends, is sarcasm.

"What 's the matter, emo boy? Too afraid to talk?" the dumbass sneered.

Talk?! Let's talk about your obvious repressed homosexuality, or how your life is all downhill after high school, you arrogant bastard! But, I didn't say that. As is typical, I completely failed at life.
"I said, what's your problem, you fucking emo fag?!" Jeez, control yourself, freak.

I pushed Kitty behind me and opened my mouth to tell the asshole that name calling is rude, but Otto beat me to it. Weird, since he wasn't here a minute ago. "Do you have a problem with my little brother?" Otto snarled, looking like he was about to rip the guy's head off.

Otto's victim visibly paled. I almost felt sorry for him--almost. A crowd of losers gathered around the head loser. The rest of Kitty's family surrounded us, all looking murderous. We looked like a really terrible West Side Story remake. "No. I have a problem with the fag."

I almost face palmed in front of everyone. That definitely wouldn't have made me look like the sanest person in the room.

"Most of us are fags," Otto said in a voice that dared them to say something about it. Okay how about no one else says fag? Can we agree on that? Good. Otto continued, having decided that no one was going to interrupt him. "And If I find out that anyone hurts one of us, they'll be sorry. Very sorry." With that, Otto grabbed me by the arm and dragged me down the hall away from the asshole and his friends, me still holding on to Kitty.

The bell rang and I kissed Kitty good-bye before running to class. The next four hours were the most boring of my entire life--no contest. The bell rang and I kissed Kitty good-bye before running to class. The next four hours were the most boring of my entire life--no contest. There weren't any more outright threats, but there were plenty of glares; accidental elbows in my poor, flimsy ribs, and I got tripped so many times that I'm surprised my knees didn't crumbled into little pieces
We went over to a big table in the back of the cafeteria where people would really have to look to find us. It gets kind of annoying when people are always staring at you, no matter who you are.

Kitty looked over at the lunch line, probably for one of his siblings, and shrieked, "See?! That's him! He's scary!" Kitty hid behind me, peaking at possibly the largest guy I'd ever seen. Seriously. This guy must be in the gym 24/7. I flashed back to The Terminator for a minute, I swear! The guy, at that moment turned and I swear he looked right at Kitty. I'm surprised Kitty didn't wet himself. I would have. I guess I thought wrong about him seeing us because he turned away a second later.

A couple of minutes later, a few of Kitty's brothers and sisters brought about a thousand trays of food over. Kitty pushed one of the trays at me as he dug in to another.

Jeez, I'm getting so spoiled! I NEVER stop eating! I shoveled food into my mouth like a ravenous animal, which I'm sure was oh so attractive.

The rest of Kitty's brothers and sisters got to the table and started eating too.

I don't care what anyone says, school food is delicious. Eight and Alia were kind of giving me a weird look when I started to eat the fries and mumbled something about how I might as well eat my shoe. That's definitely an over exaggeration. Shoe and these fries do not taste at all alike…much.

I looked over at Xuri who was giving Kitty make-up advice while Otto watched, bored. This is a weird family in case you hadn't already guessed.

I heard my name in the conversation and glanced over, curiously. "What?"

"Nothing," they said in unison. Is it just me or did they answer a little too quickly?

Otto snickered at Kitty and Xuri's guilty faces.

"I'm NOT going to wear make-up," I informed them, guessing what they'd been talking about.

"But-"

"Aw-"

Otto started laughing, not even bothering to hide it.

""NO."

Kitty pouted cutely at me.

I will not budge, no matter how cute you pout," I told him.

Kitty grinned evilly at me. "We'll see about that."

I tried to hold back a laugh at the serious look on Kitty's face. "Whatever, babe," I said, giving up on holding back my laughter. I gave Kitty a peck on the cheek.

"Humph," Kitty said, trying to keep his serious look and hide his blush at the same time. I kissed him again, this time on the lips. Kitty blushed even redder and sighed. "Fine. You win…for now."

Lunch ended a few minutes later. I gave Kitty one last kiss and ran to class. Wouldn't want to miss getting beat up, would I?

I don't think I would have been able to last the next two hours if I didn't have math with Kitty to look forward to. I probably would have hit one of the bastards and got sent to the office…again. The office people REALLY don't like me. A lot of their desks have dents from my foot and the walls have holes because of my fists. I'm told I have anger issues. I disagree. I think I have "don't like getting my ass kicked" issues. There's a big difference.

When math finally came around, I was thrilled. I darted to class like the fucking road runner. I slid into my seat next to Kitty, who was already waiting impatiently.

Sadly, we didn't get to talk much since the teacher decided that she was going to lecture ALL period. It was so mind numbing that I was considering ripping my eyes out just to make sure I was still alive. Kitty was sleeping conspicuously next to me, his mouth open and head in his arms. He was even drooling a bit, which was surprisingly cute.

Finally, when I was wondering if I would need a walker to got out of the class, the bell rang. Ugh, I'll never be able to get back my lost youth!

I woke Kitty up as gently as I could. He groaned, grumbling as he shuffled out the door, leaving me to follow him.

We walked to Kitty's car where Kitty pushed me into the van first, then climbed into my lap. Eight and Alia were already waiting…actually waiting instead of inducing vomit like Xuri and Otto most likely would ne. We do not need another place I can never be near again because of Otto and Xuri. They didn't stay long though. Alia said she had to be home and ran off.

Everyone else was ready to go by the time Otto and Xuri got to the car. I did not want to know what they were doing.

We got home and Kitty and I ran downstairs to the basement room. We hadn't been alone all day.

I pushed Kitty onto the bed and kissed him. Kitty mewed happily before pushing me off. "You've got to help me redecorate first. I'll go get my stuff!" he chirped, scampering off.

Ewa popped into existence the second he left. "We're going to hang out NOW. This "abandoning Ewa to hang out with hot, new boyfriend" crap is going to end."

"Ewa, he's coming right back! I can't make an excuse to get out of it," I said, feeling more than a little guilty. I felt bad that I hadn't ever talked to for more than a few minutes.

"Then, tell him about me. I'm not going anywhere."

"No! What if he thinks I'm crazy?! I'll tell him soon, I promise," I compromised, or at least tried to.

"He'll definitely think you're crazy if you keep yelling," Ewa pointed out. "He's be here right about… … …now."

Kitty stumbled into the room with a pile of boxes higher than his head, a recipe for disaster if I ever saw one. "I got a TON of ideas," Kitty said. "This is going to take a while."

"Go on. Help him. You're not being a very good boyfriend," Ewa said, making herself comfortable on the bed while she motioned for me to take some of the boxes.

I glared at her, before getting up to help Kitty. "Okay. Where do you want everything to go?"

"I'll figure it out. I just want you to help," Kitty said, which was code for, "I'll do everything. You just sit there."

Kitty started pulling posters, pictures, clothes, bedding, and a ton of other things out of the boxes. I started looking through all the poster and laughing. Kitty has the exact taste in music I would have thought. I've never seen so many happy pop posters in one place other than in a preteen girls room.

Ewa sighed. "You tell him he is NOT allowed to play Adam Lambert in here, while I'm in the room. I can't even change the music to protect my poor ears."

I looked up at Kitty who had taken the posters and was putting them up all over the wall. "You actually have an Adam Lambert poster?!" I said, trying not to laugh and to ignore Ewa's comments.

"Yep," Kitty said, looking at me like I was about to tell him I loved him, too.

I didn't. I just started laughing.

"Shut up," Kitty whined, cutely. "That's what Otto does too whenever he sees it. He actually cheered when I took it out of their room."

By now, Ewa and I were both laughing, only Kitty couldn't see Ewa. "I'm going to murder you both in your sleep if you don't stop laughing," Kitty threatened, stomping his foot.

I went from laughing to trying not to "Aww!" at how cute he was (Which is not good to do to an angry person.), in a second flat. I held up my hands in surrender, trying to look pathetic so that Kitty would stop being mad at me.

"You look like a baby!" Ewa cooed at me.

I scrunched up my face at her. I am not!

Kitty giggled, not understanding my weirdness. "Okay, I'll let you live," he said and went back to setting his room up.

I grinned. All I had to do then was sit back and watch (Which I don't mind at all, since I’m borderline his stalker.) him while Ewa talked.

When he finished, he flopped onto the bed next to me. He was almost asleep when I remembered something. "We should probably get started on our homework," I told an exhausting looking Kitty.

With a soft whine, Kitty got up, grabbed both of our backpacks, and climbed back onto the bed. "Okay. What first?" he asked.

We decided on math (Might as well get the most painful subject out of the way first.) and worked on it until Xuri called us up for dinner. Everyone was sitting around the table except for Kitty's mom, who was working on the night shift. After dinner, Kitty and I went back to his room and listened to music (Adam Lambert, despite Ewa's and my protests.) We talked for hours even after Ewa got bored of watching me and Kitty talk while she added random comments that I couldn't answer. She seemed happy that we'd finally hung out, even though I hadn't told Kitty my secret. She just laughed and told me I'd better be ready to introduce her next time we talked, and left.I mouthed good-bye as inconspicuously as I could. After all, Kitty is in the room and we don't want him to think I'm crazy, do we? After awhile the conversation stopped and we drifted into a peaceful silence. I fell asleep with Kitty in my arms. Not a bad way to end the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Suscribe!
Pretty please with cherries on top?