Status: completed

Escape This Afterlife

Hayden

Chapter Thirteen
Hayden's POV

Kitty was practically dancing the entire way to school in the car, which was sort of awkward since he was sitting in my lap. He kept cheering about how it was the last day before winter break.

I was so happy that I got to stay at Kitty's house during winter break. I don't even want to think about what my house must look like now. I've been staying at Kitty's house all the time, since I got my stuff and I really hope my parents don't come home for the next two years (It wouldn't be the first time they left me for that long.) so I don't have to ever go back.

Kitty told me earlier that his five oldest siblings were coming home too! There's more of them that could potentially hate me and try to kill me in my sleep. And who wants that? I promise I'm not fun to kill…

When we got to school, Kitty dragged me over to his locker so he could get his books, just like he always did. I was getting real good at avoiding the kicks elbows aimed at me and now could avoid almost everyone of them when I walked down the hall. I had to do a kind of stupid half dance thing that made Kitty laugh at me, but I avoided them none the less.

When we got to Kitty's locker, I deflected all the kicks sent Kitty's way (who'd want to hurt poor, tiny Kitty anyway) and kissed him good-bye before running to class, late as always. Kitty's a bad influence! I swear I get late to that class every day…not that I really mind. I don't like that anyway.

I snuck into class, trying not to be seen…which doesn't work to well when you're almost six feet tall and sit in the front of that classroom so the teacher can "keep an eye on me". Psht, yeah because I'm clearly a bigger threat to the school than the idiots who bounce their heads off of their desks to see if it leaves an imprint. It doesn't, in case you are wondering. The desk just breaks and then someone has to take them to the emergency room…while I snicker in the corner.

"Hayden Alexander!"

I froze, looking at my chair, which was only two feet away. "So close! No!" I yelled, not bothering to be quiet now that I was already caught.

"Sit down, or I'll send you to the office," the teacher screeched, like a harpy.

I slunk to my desk. I really don't need to visit the office again. All the those people glaring at me and then Kitty would get mad because I'd miss lunch and I'd have to stay after school for detention and he really wants me to meet the rest of his siblings…His siblings. Crap. Maybe I should get detention. Actually, no. 'Kitty, why are you late?' 'Oh, Hayden was in detention again. Isn't he a great boyfriend?' They would kill me, before I even had a chance to defend myself. I decided to be a good student and pay attention…or at least pretend to pay attention.

Sadly, the pretend part didn't work out since all the teachers in the school must have sense I wanted just this one day where I can count the seconds until I see Kitty and they all decided to ask me about a trillion questions.

It didn’t take long before I thought my brain would explode. Come on, what happened to kindergarten and all that lovely nap time? Let's go back to that. Just then, the teacher asked me something and I muttered something about nap time. Luckily, she wasn't really interested in what I had to say, so she didn't hear my horrible answer. Ugh, I feel stupid. That's the whole point of school isn't it? Just to give me headaches and low self esteem.

Finally, my torture ended and I shot out of the classroom before anyone else…and maybe also to make sure none of my teachers called me back to yell at me or send me to the office for some unforeseeable reason.

I found Kitty, Alia (who Kitty's randomly not scared of anymore), Momo, and Mimi being weird in the hallway. Why am I not surprised? I smiled at Kitty's cuteness and walked over to him and the rest of them. They stopped and stared at me blushing…sure, they can dance around in a room full of strangers, but as soon as they see a person they know they have to pretend to be normal. Yeah, right. Kitty, I already think you're weird, but I still love you.

I pulled Kitty into my lap and kissed him on the cheek before opening my lunch. I swear, I'll never get used to being here. I'm freakishly happy everyday, which is way better than me being pissed off all the time. I don't even mind talking to some of the ghosts some times. There's usually at least three more people at the table than Kitty's family knows. Luckily it's a big table, but there's still some times when Momo or Mimi will sit on one of the ghosts and the ghosts will have a fit. I still don't talk much around Kitty's entire family, unless there's a ghost problem, but it's fun to listen to them.

"Xuxa, are you sure we can't skip the second half of the day? Please?" Momo asked, quietly. I think she would run out the door this second if she could.

"Sorry, honey," Xuxa said, looking apologetic. She wanted to leave just as much as everyone else did. "No go."

"But, I want to see everyone now!" Kitty said, and then the horrid bouncing started. Hmm, this is awkward. We really need to develop some kind of system to teach Kitty he can't wiggle when he's in my lap. "Kitty," I whispered, as quietly as I could…which wasn't quiet enough since most of the ghosts stared right at me, making this even more uncomfortable. "Stop bouncing! You're going to give me a boner!" I continued, staring right at all of the ghosts who looked in every direction but at me, some of them even whistling.

Kitty blushed and hid, but became miraculously still, so I was happy enough. Don't hide! Then, I can't stare at you like a creeper! …If I said that, I doubt it would encourage him to stop hiding. It's only a matter of time before he figures out I spend way too much time just watching him. I can't help that he's so cute!

After lunch, I walked Kitty to class before going to my own. Ugh, I need to start skipping school. I zoned out right through my next few classes. Whenever one of the teachers asked me a question, I mumbled some random answer that might not have even fit in with the right class. I know just how much people listen to me now…and it's not good. I think I should be insulted.

It seemed like an eternity before math started, which is one of the only classes I still pay attention in because I like teaching Kitty all of it, while he watches the moth fly around. You know, Kitty's extremely good in school when you put him in a room with nothing moving and no bright colors. He just has a zero second attention span.

When Kitty curled up in the seat next to me, I took his hand under the table, making him blush and hide behind his hair. What did I tell you about hiding?! No! I brushed his hair behind his ear and laughed at his cuteness.

Kitty stuck his tongue out at me.

I grabbed his tongue. "Don't stick it out unless you planning to do something with it," I told him before letting go of his tongue.

Kitty blushed, since we never kiss or anything in public, since both the glares and being told how cute we are is really embarrassing. We just prefer to avoid it…unlike Otto and Xuri who would probably be fine having sex right in front of us.

"Mr. Hewitt? Mr. Hewitt?" the teacher asked, looking furious that she actually had to repeat herself. I barely managed not to roll my eyes at the teacher and tapped Kitty on the shoulder as the teacher yelled, "Mr. Hewitt! What is the answer! I've asked you three times!"

Poor Kitty looked like a deer in headlights. "W-what's the q-question?" he murmured.

The teacher sent Kitty a dirty look, but didn't even bother to answer him before going on to another person.

Kitty looked thrilled that he hadn't had to answer the question.

When school ended, Kitty sprinted out the door, pulling me out after him. Luckily, I'm faster than him so I didn't get dragged across the floor. We got into the van where everyone was waiting. I don't even know how they got there faster than me. They've got to be like Flash…hm, maybe they teleported. They should teach me to teleport!

Kitty sat in my lap--wiggling again--but I was too nervous about meeting Kitty's family to really notice. What's going to happen if they hate me? They'll throw me out the door and never let me see Kitty again and I'll be all alone again and Kitty will hate me and--Wow, I really need to calm down and think rationally. Maybe, it'll be okay? Ugh, no it won't.

We got home all too soon and Kitty shot out of my lap and ran to the door, before crashing into it and almost knocking himself out. He started going through his pockets, I assume, to find his keys, but Xuxa caught up with him first. "Kitty, you're not a ghost. You can't walk though doors," Xuxa said, barely holding back laughter. Oh, that's not cool at all. Let's hold off on all the ghost comments. It's like they're trying to get me to tell him about me. Now is not the good time to talk about that.

Kitty sat still, pouting, and looking up at me. I reached down to pick him up because he would sit there all day and glare at the house if no one offered to help him. Plus, he's fun to hold.

"Oh my god, Kitty! You two are so cute!" Some random girl came running down the hall and tackled us both in a hug. I don't know you! Don't touch me! Ugh, where did all of my personal space go? I put Kitty down, since I thought I'd fall over if people were going to squeeze the life out of me.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" the indigo haired girl exclaimed. "I'm Etsu, and you must be Hayden!" She looked at Kitty and tugged his hat off his head as I pulled his tail out of his sweatshirt. Kitty shook himself and sighed happily. I know he hates having to hide who he is, but I can't do anything to help, but make sure he's as comfortable as possible when he does have to hide.

"Hey, Kitty," a dark haired said. "So this is the kid, huh?" Kid, hmph.

"Yeah, this is Hayden," Kitty said, excitedly. His tiny hand reached out to hold my bigger one. "Where are Fear, Free and Fane?" Kitty asked, a moment later.

"In the kitchen with Mom, ADD boy. They've already said hi to everybody else," the boy answered. Kitty pulled me with him to the kitchen.

I was not expecting Kitty's brothers to be that big and scary. I suddenly felt short. They were all towering over me and didn't look too thrilled to see me. plus they were wearing all black. Not like normal people who just happen to wear dark clothes one day, but like anger issues, will snap you in half at a bar kind of dark clothes…Blend in with the background, Hayden. They can't see you. I think my blending skills worked because they all ran past me to hug Kitty. No! I can't hold his hand now. They're too scary for me to sneak over to him.

"Halló litla, hvernig hefur þú verið? Hefur þú lært að tala iclandic enn?" one of them said to Kitty. Oh, great. Now they're talking in languages I don't know.

"Nei Hefur þú lært ensku?" Kitty said, sounding confused. Kitty looked around for me, before finding me hiding in the corner. He walked over to me, pulling me to a chair and sat in my lap.

"Aw! You guys are too adorable!" one of them screamed at us, completely destroying my scared of them thoughts. I can deal with loud and weird, but not quiet and glaring at me.

"Hey! You haven't introduced us to your man yet!" another of them yelled.

"This is Hayden. Hayden, meet Fear, Free and Fane," Kitty said. Each one of them raised their hands when Kitty called their names. Kitty snuggled into my chest, cutely.

"So…Have you had sex yet?" the last of them said, smirking.

"Free! I'm the only one allowed to embarrass them!" Kitty's mom yelled, laughing. Why is this conversation even allowed? Kitty's and my sex life (or lack thereof) is banned for conversation! I knew Kitty and I were blushing the exact same tomato red and I for one couldn't even look at any one. Kitty tensed up against me.

"They haven't," Eight yelled. Ugh, why do they know that!

"Thanks," Fane shouted. Okay, it's time to move. I picked Kitty up and took him to the living room, sending Eight an accusing stare.

Kitty curled up in my lap and in moment was almost asleep in moments. I swear, Kitty actually has the sleeping patterns of a cat, which is good for me because I'm lazy and I sleep all the time. "You might want to get him to your bedroom soon. He's out after eight thirty," Mitch pointed out, after he had yawned for the tenth time. I chuckled at the sleepy look on his face.

"Hey, is Alia staying over?" Free asked.

"She usually does. Her parents are like, über homophobes so that don't work too well," Kell told him.

Kitty grabbed onto my shirt like it was a blanket and started purring, his tail wrapped around himself while I half held him. I think he went to sleep, but he couldn't have been asleep for very long because the doorbell, rang startling us all. Kitty sat straight up and his tail slapped me in the face.

Kitty's mother opened the door and, I swear, I almost grabbed Kitty and bolted out the door. I could have sworn the people at the door were my parents. As it was, I wrapped my arms around Kitty tightly and glared at the people at the door. They had the same rich and wanting to lord it over everyone look my parents always have. They looked at all of us like we were garbage and I had a couple of guesses why.

I glanced over at Alia, who was frozen on the couch next to Eight. Oh, no. This isn't going to go well.

"WHAT IS THIS ALIA?! WE PUT UP WITH YOUR UNFASHIONABLE CLOTHING, YOUR HORRIBLE MUSIC, YOUR BIZZARE FRIENDS! BUT THIS IS THE LAST STRAW! NO DAUGHTER OF MINE WILL HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!" the man roared at Alia. He's one of those guys who's entire face gets red and I could tell that if there weren't so many people in the room, he might have hit her.

Alia flinched and Eight wrapped her arms around her, protectively.

"Really dear, you should get some help. But it's no surprise to me. She's been keeping company with a family of faggots. It was only time before she became infected," the mother decided to add, once she was finished admiring herself. Don't you love they suggestions to "get help". I know they just brighten up my whole day. Sarcasm, obviously. You know, the funny thing is I don't think the mother even cares at all about it. She just seems absent. It's the father who seems controlling.

I could tell Mrs. Hewitt was barely managing not to go off on these two horrible excuses for parents. I wish I could tell them to shove it, but embarrassingly I get all quiet around people like them. Maybe that's why my parents still think I'm the perfect little part time child.

Alia's clearly a better person than me. She stood up, looking angry and shouted, "None of these people have a right to be treated like you're treating them. They don't have a disease, mother. They're better family then you guys have ever been so leave them alone. At least Ms. Hewitt treats me like a daughter! You don't see her always staring into a mirror and asking me to 'fetch' things for her! And Xuri and Otto are wonderful people who stand up for me instead of being like sheep and agreeing with the rest of their fake friends! Kell is a wonderful brother and Eight is a great girlfriend! Hayden and Kitty are the cutest couple I've ever seen and Fear, Free and Fane would beat anyone who hurt me to a pulp even though they just met me! Estu and Mich are amazing and are smart! They're going to get jobs one day instead of sucking up to their mother! Mimi and Momo are the happiest people I've ever met and Xuxa is there when I need someone to talk to! This is my family and you can go to hell for all I fucking care!" It seemed like that was all she could take at the moment and she sat down next to Eight and started crying.

I wish I could stand up to my parents like that, but I know I would completely wuss out and embarrass myself.

"Stand back up, young lady! We're not don't talking to you!" The father looked like he was about to have a heart attack. I don't think anyone had ever stood up to him and told him just how much of a jack ass he was and he clearly wasn't sure how to deal with it.

Kitty's mom didn't seem to be able to hold back and she suddenly went all mother hen on both of them. "No! I will not have anyone treated they way you're treating your daughter! I don’t think you even have a right to call her that! You certainly don't act like parents! You're welcome to drop off her things tomorrow morning just don't come back after that!" she yelled. She walked over to hug Alia and mumbled, "Kell will bring her upstairs?"

Kell nodded and took Alia upstairs. Eight followed and went upstairs.

Mrs. Hewitt basically threw Alia's parents out the door and everything had barely settled down before I heard a soft snore. I guess I should have taken him upstairs earlier. I carried Kitty down to our room and went to sleep.[/size/
♠ ♠ ♠
The comments will not load and it's pissing me off. >.<
I did read your comment though before my computer decided to anger me, so thank you!
I do love all your comments even though I usually dont put names up!
I'll do that next time. :)